CALL FOR ENTRIES
Florida State Fair Art Portfolio Contest
For High School Seniors
Exhibition Dates: February 10 – 21, 2022
ENTRIES DUE BY December 3, 2021.
The Florida State Fair is so much more than rides, midway food & livestock exhibitions! Last year we had over 450,000 visitors visit the Florida State Fair. Many of those individuals came primarily to see the various exhibits that were on display. They particularly enjoyed seeing the artwork from the most talented students across the state!
The Art Portfolio Contest for High School Seniors is the highlight of the Fair’s Youth Art Competitions. This is an excellent opportunity for you to showcase your artwork, build your resume and of course, win scholarship money for continuing your education.
$6,500 in scholarship money
will be awarded this year!
First Place: $1500 • Second Place: $1000 • 10 Awards of Merit: $400 each
If selected, you will NOT need to send original artwork, as we will be printing digital images of your work for the final exhibition. We look forward to exhibiting your fresh, creative talent at the Florida State Fair from February 10 – 21, 2022.
DEC 3 - DEADLINE for ENTRIES. All entries must be completed online at https://www.juriedartservices.com
DEC 10 - Notification of acceptance for exhibition e-mailed to student & teacher.
All artwork in the exhibition will be digitally printed and displayed at the Florida State Fair. Detailed instructions will be included in the acceptance packet.
JAN 7 - High-resolution digital files are due by accepted students.
The 32 student artist’s portfolios that are accepted to exhibit at the Fair maybe asked to submit high-resolution digital files of 3 - 5 selected images from their portfolio, along with a headshot and an artist statement. In addition, approximately 30 individual pieces will be chosen for the Wall of Excellence and they will need to submit a single high-resolution digital file.
JAN 14 - Online Public preview is available
JAN 22 - Awards recipients will be notified by phone
FEB 10-21 - 2022 Florida State Fair: The exhibit will be located at the Florida Center
FEB 21 - Last day of the 2022 Florida State Fair: Exhibition closes
· Open to ONLY high school senior art students in the 12th grade
· Students must be a Florida state resident or must reside in the state of Florida
· Students can apply from either public, charter, private or home schools
· First Place: $1500
· Second Place: $1000
· Ten (10) Awards of Merit: $400 each
· All work must be original and completed within the 10th, 11th, and 12th grades.
· There is NO entry fee!
· Students must submit their “Art Portfolio Contest for High School Seniors” application using an online application service called Juried Art Services. Juried Art Services allows you to complete an entry form as well as upload images of your portfolio for judging.
· Click here for step-by-step instructions: How to create a digital portfolio and uploading portfolio to Juried Art Services.
· Students must upload a completed portfolio consisting of at least 7, but not more than 10 images of original artwork.
· Work can be either 2-D or 3-D and be incorporated into any medium.
ü 2D work includes: painting in any media, drawing, pastels, pen & ink, photography, printmaking, digital art (computer-generated art) and 2D mixed media.
ü 3D work includes: Sculpture, ceramics, wood, fiber arts, jewelry, metalwork, glass, 3D mixed media, and art installations.
· Guidelines for jurying:
ü Portfolio artwork shows creative and personal expression; demonstrates technical competency in the medium(s) presented, and communicates
a clear visual intent and vision.
ü Jury selection is made with regards to the entire cohesive body of work, not on individual pieces of artwork.
ü A juried committee consisting of artists, professional art curators, and art educators will be select award recipients.
ü Art reproduced or rendered from the works of masters, from advertisements, materials from published sources, or widely circulated photographs (other than the student’s photos) is NOT considered original.
ü Artwork must be suitable for all audiences and should not contain profane words or obscene content.
· All artwork that is in the exhibition will be digitally printed and displayed.
No original artwork is needed to exhibit in this contest if accepted.