The Bowen Center for the Arts
The Virginia Avery Memorial
Juried Art Exhibition
Sponsored by The National League of American Pen Women, Atlanta Branch
Exhibit Dates: Mar 9 to Apr 12, 2024
Deadline to enter January 3, 2024
Best in Show $750
Plus awards in each category ~Painting (oil,acrylic,water color and pastel), Photography, 3-D (sculpture, jewelry and ceramics), Graphics (drawing, printmaking), and Mixed Media (everything else).
First $500, Second $300, Third $200 , HM $75 and People’s Choice ribbon
Jan 3 - Deadline: Digital images, entry form and fee due
Feb 1 - Email notification of Juror’s accepted entries
Feb 20-23 - Shipping to Bowen, 10 am -4 pm
Feb 27- Mar 1 - Hand delivered artworks delivered to Bowen, 10am-4pm
Mar 9 - Awards reception, 2-4pm, at the Bowen Center for the Arts
Apr 12 - Exhibition closes
Apr 13 + Apr 16-17 - Artwork pickup: 10am-4pm. Return shipping will occur same week
Painting (oil,acrylic,water color and pastel)
3-D (sculpture, jewelry and ceramics)
Graphics (drawing, printmaking)
Mixed Media (everything else).
- Fee: $35.00 for 3 works. Pay online via Juried Art Services
- 2D Size Limits: Maximum frame size not to exceed 48” in either width or height.
- Hanging works submitted must have securely fastened hanging wire or suitable hanger according to materials (such as metal, canvas, etc.) and compatible with Bowen wall hanging system. The Bowen reserves the right to refuse the display of any unsafe or unsuitable work.
- Sculpture may not exceed 20 lbs
- Open to all women residents of Georgia.
- Artsts working in all 2D and 3D media are invited to participate.
- Originality: all submissions must be original works in concept, composition, and execution by the artist. Classroom/workshop pieces, copies of master works or any other artwork created under the supervision of an instructor are not eligible. Artwork must not be copied, in part or wholly, from any published or copyrighted work. No reproductions or copies will be accepted.
- Works must have been created in the last four (4) years, and not previously shown in any Pen Women or Bowen exhibitions. Artwork labels should be affixed to the back or bottom of each piece.
- Artwork presented for the exhibition must be identical work as submitted for entry. If not, the work and the artist will be automatically removed from exhibition.
- Artists who do not adhere to these rules will forfeit entry fees and be disqualified from future exhibitions for the next two shows.
Shipped artwork must arrive no later than Feb 23, 2024 and sent via UPS or FedEx to The Bowen, 334 Highway 9 North, Dawsonville, GA 30534. Artist must also enclose a prepaid return shipping label. Air Float shipping boxes are recommended. The original packaging will be retained by Bowen for return shipping to artist.
Works will be sold at the retail value stated on Entry Form. Works not for sale should be listed “NFS.” It is the artist’s responsibility to supply retail prices. The artist will receive 60% of the retail price, the Bowen will retain 30% and Pen Women Atlanta Branch will receive 10%. The Bowen shall collect sales tax of 7% at point of sale. Payment for work sold will be sent within thirty (30) days of exhibition closing date.
TERMS and CONDITIONS
By applying, artists give permission for the Atlanta Chapter of the National League of American Pen Women to exhibit their entries on the Atlantapenwomen.org website and in publicity for the “Reflections” exhibition
The Bowen Center for the Arts, 706.216.ARTS(2787), firstname.lastname@example.org, www.bowenarts.org
NLAPW, Atlanta Branch ( 310)968.2794
For technical assistance contact Support@jurying.net or call (954)418.2827