National Oil and Acrylic Painters’ Society
33rd “BEST OF AMERICA”
International Juried Exhibition
August 11-September 10, 2023
The Principle Gallery, 208 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22314
Celebrating its 33rd “Best of America” International Juried Exhibition, the National Oil & Acrylic Painters’ Society (NOAPS) invites oil and acrylic painters from all across North America and International Artists to apply to our exhibit honoring the Best in oil and acrylic painting. NOAPS has been showcasing the talents of oil and acrylic painters since 1991.
Opening & Awards Reception, August 11, 2023 at the Principle Gallery
AWARDS: Best of show $5,000, $35,000 cash and sponsor awards
Exhibition dates: August 11-Septemb0,er 1 2023
Application Dates: March 6-May 30, 2023
Notification Date: June 30, 2023
All NOAPS members: 18 years of age or older residing in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Other International artists may apply but please take into consideration shipping and custom fees since this is a gallery show.
The “Best of America” is a juried competition open only to members of NOAPS.
- The 2023 annual membership is $52 and can be paid when entering this exhibit or through the Membership Link at www.NOAPS.org.
All entries will be submitted via Juried Art Services (JAS) www.juriedartservices.com. JAS provides a comprehensive ‘Help’ menu. NOAPS is also available to help with procedural problems. Email: Contact@NOAPS.org for assistance.
- Digital files should be saved in universal .jpeg format for JAS entry and should be between 1400 pixels and 4000 pixels on the longest dimension at 300PPI (pixels per inch).
- Art work must be original two dimensional with mediums limited to oil and acrylic paints
- Completed in the last three (3) years (2020 and newer)
- Not previously accepted in any other NOAPS Exhibit (including the Best of America Small Works Exhibition, the Best of America National Exhibition, both Fall and Spring International Online and the Associate Online Exhibition).
- Maximum size of the art excluding frame shall not exceed 1200 square inches (Example: 30 x 40 in= 1200 square inches). No Exceptions.
- NOAPS is dedicated to exhibiting excellent works of fine art which promote the artist’s artistic ability, vision and creativity within the traditional art forms of oil and acrylic painting. In this respect: All artwork should be original and created from conception to completion by the artist’s own hand in Oil and/or Acrylic only. Artists are permitted to use their own photos as reference materials in the creation of their artwork. No mixed media, painted giclee prints, or any other type of digital or photographic reproductions in conjunction with the Oil & Acrylic qualify. No artwork copied from other artists work or published photos, or created in an instructional setting are eligible.
The annual 2023 NOAPS membership of $52 is required. If you are not currently a member, pay the membership fee through the membership link at www.noaps.org/members or when entering this exhibit.
- The annual membership is valid from January 1st to December 31st of each year.
- To verify if you are a current 2023 NOAPS Member, please check our Members Directory Page. www.noaps.org/membership-directory#!directory/ord=lnm
The fee to enter is $35 for the first image and $10 for each additional image UP TO A MAXIMUM OF 5 IMAGES.
- Example: maximum of five (5) entries= $75 plus current 2023 NOAPS membership if not already paid. Payment may be made by Pay Pal or Credit Card.
- Entry fees are not refundable.
NOAPS will use a panel of highly skilled artists to judge for awards
Each entry is reviewed and scored by an independent jury panel. The Jurying panel will consist of a minimum of 5 NOAPS Master Artists or Signature Members. The panel selects paintings for the exhibit based on the quality and individual mastery of the medium. IMPORTANT: Jurors in the panel make selections based on the image entered (make sure the image depicts a true representation of the painting). Jurors score the image only and do not see any information about the artist.
NOAPS “BEST OF AMERICA” AWARDS
Awards include: Best of show $5000, $35,000 cash and sponsor awards
Signature and Master Artist Guild Qualifying Update
both Best of America National shows count for Signature Status
- 6 points total over 5 years are needed to qualify for Signature Status
- Acceptance into the "Best of America National Juried Exhibition" will count for 1 point per year
- ·Acceptance into the "Best of America Small Works National Juried Exhibition" will count for 1 point
- First, Second and Third Place awards in the Associate Member Online Exhibition will count for 1 point.
- A maximum of 3 points attainable per year
- â€‹Once Signature Status is achieved, the awarded artist may use the initials NOAPS on original works of art and in their correspondence. This honor is awarded for life, unless forfeited by nonpayment of annual dues or resignation.
Master Artist Membership: Master Qualification begins AFTER the exhibit in which Signature status is attained. Master Artist Membership is awarded to active members, whose dues are current.
Both “Best of America National Juried Exhibitions” starting in 2020 count for Master Status
- Once a Signature Artist receives three (3) TOP Master Qualifier Awards within a five (5) year period in the “Best of America National Juried Exhibition” or the “Best of America Small Works National Juried Exhibition, they are qualified to make a submission to the Masters Jury Committee headed up by NOAPS Master Artist, Cheng Lian
- Email email@example.com – title the email “Masters Submission”
- Please submit: 10 original artwork images, biography and any published articles or related achievements
- The TOP Qualifier Awards include Best of show, 1st, 2nd, and all “Best of” category awards.
- With 2 Gallery Exhibitions per year, there will be 10 opportunities in a 5 year period to qualify for Master. Please note that the Online International Awards and the Associate Online Awards do not count toward Master Status.
- Upon approval of the Masters Jury Submission Committee and Masters designation is granted, the awarded artist may use the initials NOAPSM on original works of art and in their correspondence. This honor is awarded for life, unless forfeited by nonpayment of annual dues or resignation.
Artists selected for the Exhibition will be notified by email from Juried Art Services by June 30, 2023. An up to date email address in your Juried Art Services account is essential for notification.
ART ACCEPTED FOR THE EXHIBIT
Upon receipt of the accepted paintings at the exhibit location, NOAPS and the Gallery retain the right to refuse to display and/or allow award judging due to: technical inaccuracy, misrepresentation, inadequate framing, or damage from improper packaging.
- FRAMING: Gallery quality wood frames only
- NOAPS strongly recommends Strong Boxes from Airfloat Systems, Uline or Masterpak. (Airfloat is a NOAPS Sponsor and they provide a 20% discount to NOAPS members, use code ‘NOAPS’). All art received and displayed will not be returned until after the exhibit has closed. The gallery has 30 days after the close of the show to return unsold artwork.
- IMPORTANT: Once accepted, failure to send the accepted artwork to the exhibit will result on a two (2) year disqualification period for the artist.
- Once accepted into the exhibition, the artwork is consigned to the gallery. If the artwork is sold after acceptance but before shipping it to the exhibit, commission should be paid to the art gallery. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you pre-sell your painting.
- Selected paintings will be showcased on www.NOAPS.org, in the NOAPS Blog, and in NOAPS Social Media.
- By entering, entrants are consenting to having a reproduction of their work used for promotion of the NOAPS Exhibits. You are confirming the work entered is your own and copyrighted images incorporated in your work have not been used.
All entries must be for sale. Paintings of all price ranges are accepted. Entrants price their work and should closely represent the established market value of the artist’s work. The price entered on the Juried Artist Services application form will be the price for the duration of the exhibit.
Every reasonable care will be exercised with all artwork. NOAPS, The Gallery, and any other organization or individual connected with the exhibition will not be responsible for loss or damage of artwork while in transit. By entering this exhibit, the applicant agrees to the terms and conditions of the prospectus.
The artist will receive 55% of the selling price, with the remainder split at 45% to the hosting gallery.
Once your art is accepted into the Exhibition, please follow the shipping instructions carefully. Full shipping instructions will be provided with acceptance letters. All shipping charges to and from the Gallery are the responsibility of the artist. We recommend insuring your work before shipping.
Include in the shipping container:
1. Return shipping label - choose Fedex or UPS
2. HOW TO Create a return shipping label - example - If using UPS - Must open an account with them, then use their online program to "Create a return" - Enter all the information and print the label but do not schedule a pickup. Enclose return label in envelope for the gallery. There are no charges until the shipping company driver picks up the parcel and scans the shipping label. If your shipper will not provide a return shipping label, you should create a return shipping label online and email it to the gallery. Please email the gallery if you will be emailing the return shipping label. ***Artwork will not be displayed if Return Label is not provided.
3. $25 check made payable to the Principle Gallery for unpacking/repacking fees.
4. No fee for Hand Delivered Artwork. Please advise gallery if hand-delivering.
5. NOAPS Artwork label attached to back of painting (included in the acceptance letter from Juried Art Services).
6. IMPORTANT: Shipping from OUTSIDE the USA must be shipped FREE DOMICILE or they will not be accepted. International artists please check all shipping restrictions and custom regulations before entering this exhibit. All Duties and Taxes must be paid by the artist
7. Ship to address
The Principle Gallery
208 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
Applications Dates: March 10-May 30, 2023
Notification Date: June 30, 2023
Exhibit Grand Opening & Award Reception: August 11, 2023
Exhibit Closing: September 10, 2023
Your participation and support of the NATIONAL OIL & ACRYLIC PAINTERS’ SOCIETY is greatly appreciated. We wish you success in this event and may all your art career goals be met!
Please email to Membership@NOAPS.org
The National Oil & Acrylic Painter’s Society