National Oil and Acrylic Painters’ Society
2021 Associate Member
Application Dates: April 1, 2021 to June 15, 2021 at midnight Pacific Time
A R T E X H I B I T I O N P R O S P E C T U S
ABOUT THE EVENT
The National Oil & Acrylic Painters’ Society (NOAPS) invites our Associate Members to apply to our exhibit honoring the Best in oil and acrylic painting. NOAPS has been showcasing the talents of oil and acrylic painters since 1991.
· This is an online competition open to ALL ASSOCIATE MEMBER artists 18 years of age and older working in Oil and ACRYLIC medium. This exhibition does not include NOAPS Signature or Master members.
· One image from each Associate member artist may be submitted, each entry will be exhibited on the NOAPS website as part of the exhibition.
THE ONLINE INTERNATIONAL AWARDS:
Best of Show: $500
Second Place: $250
Third Place: $150
Ten Merit Awards: I year membership to NOAPS - $50.00 value
- All artists will be given recognition on www.NOAPS.org with Artist name, artist website link and image selected for this exhibit.
- The Top Three Award winners will earn one point toward Signature Status.
- Certificates will only be sent to artists who have won awards. Certificates for Awards that have been won by artists from outside of North America will be sent exclusively by email.
- Award winners will be notified by phone call or email of their award. Please check your Juried Art Services for correct contact information.
A R T I S T E L I G I B I L I T Y
All NOAPS Associate Members whose dues are current are eligible to enter.
This exhibition does not include Signature or Master members.
E N T R Y P R O C E S S
All entries will be submitted via Juried Art Services (JAS) www.juriedartservices.com. JAS provides a comprehensive ‘Help Menu’. NOAPS is also available to help with procedural problems.
- Email: contact@NOAPS.org for assistance or use the help menu on Juried Art Services
- Digital files should be saved in universal .jpeg format for JAS entry and should be between 1400 pixels and 4000 pixels longest dimension at 300PPI (pixels per inch). No frame, mat, or background visible. Be sure the image is right side up.
Please note: After submitting an image and making payment you can still go back to your submission at any time before the submission deadline and change the painting that has been submitted for a different painting. Do NOT create a new submission to make changes. Log in to your original submission and edit it. You can get help on this through JAS or NOAPS if needed.
T E R M S a n d C O N D I T I O N S
- Art work must be original two dimensional with mediums limited to OIL and ACRYLIC paints
- Completed in the last three (3) years
- Not previously accepted in any other NOAPS National Exhibit or NOAPS Online Top 150.
- No Minimum or Maximum size
- NOAPS is dedicated to exhibiting excellent works of fine art which promote the artist’s artistic ability, vision and creativity within the traditional art forms of oil and acrylic painting. In this respect all artwork must be original and created from conception to completion by the artist. No mixed media, photography, digital and or other media, No painted giclee prints, or any other type of reproductions, no manipulated photos. No artwork copied from other artists work or published photos, or created in an instructional setting are eligible.
- If you wish to sell the art entered, please price your art in United States currency consistent with the established value of your work. Paintings do not have to be for sale.
- Selected paintings will be showcased on www.NOAPS.org, in the NOAPS Blog, and in NOAPS Social Media. By entering, entrants are consenting to having a reproduction of their work used for promotion of the exhibit. You are confirming the work entered is your own and copyrighted images incorporated in your work have not been used.
- Certificates will only be provided to artists who have won awards.
M E M B E R S H I P
F E E S
The fee to enter is $30. If paying your yearly dues ($50) at the same time the total cost is $80.
Entry fees are non-refundable.
A W A R D S J U D G E
KAREN BUDAN - NOAPS Board Member
Karen Budan is an award-winning contemporary still life painter. Karen’s paintings have been shown in numerous juried and invitational exhibitions across the United States as well as solo gallery shows. Awards include Best Still Life from the National Oil and Acrylic Painter’s Society and President’s Award of Excellence from the Oil Painters of America. Although Karen originally painted with pastels, in recent years she has moved to oil painting. Her painting style is hyper-realistic…she thrives on the challenge of transferring the complex subtleties of the color, texture and light patterns of the composition before her onto a two-dimensional surface resulting in a painting that looks as real as the setup itself.
Karen’s work has been featured in The Pastel Journal, Professional Artist, Southwest Art, Fine Art Connoisseur, and American Art Collector. She is a signature member of the Oil Painters of America, the National Oil and Acrylic Painter’s Society, and the Pastel Society of America. She is an International Association of Pastel Societies’ Master Circle member, a distinguished associate member of the American Women Artists and juried member of the International Guild of Realism. Karen is currently represented by Lovetts Gallery in Tulsa, OK and ArtQWest Gallery in Scottsdale, AZ.
S E L E C T I O N P R O C E S S
Each entry will be displayed on the NOAPS website on the Associate Member Online Exhibition page.
IMPORTANT: The Judge of Awards makes selections based on the image entered. Make sure the image depicts a true representation of the painting. Each image should display the painting only; no frame or mat. The image should be properly oriented; please make sure your image is right side up.
S A L E S
The paintings may be for sale or not for sale. All sales will be conducted through the artist, and no commission is due to NOAPS.
C A L E N D A R
- Applications Dates: April 1, 2021 to June 15, 2021 at midnight Pacific Time
- Publication on website: July 15, 2021
Your participation and support of the
NATIONAL OIL & ACRYLIC PAINTERS’ SOCIETY
is greatly appreciated.
NOAPS HELPS ARTISTS GET RECOGNIZED!
Q U E S T I O N S
Please email contact@NOAPS.org
The National Oil & Acrylic Painter’s Society