MADE. A carefully curated experience showcasing handmade, tailor made, custom made, homemade, loft made, city made, kitchen made, well made, finely made, creatively made, uniquely made, precisely made, beautifully made, perfectly made, outrageously made, delicately made, in-your-face made, and deliciously made.
MADE. It’s about the passion Makers put into what they do…and the work they make.
MADE. A different kind of show, featuring everything made by hand, by Makers and the work they love to make. From art to food, clothing to lotions, stationary to furniture…MADE is the place to show it and sell it.
MADE. The newest, best, quirkiest, most exciting sampling of art, food, drinks, décor, accessories, and fashion.
MADE. A day for those in search of the next great thing to come see, taste, drink, try on, wear, enjoy, fall in love with, buy and own.
To be in MADE send us four images of what you make, one of the images can be how you display your makings.
MADE. Indoors at Chicago’s Morgan Manufacturing in the West Loop, the on trend venue for what is current.
MADE will be open for showing and selling from 11 am – 5pm.
About Amdur Productions: For over 35 years, Amdur Productions, a nationally acclaimed arts festival production company, has organized and directed many of the Midwest’s most prestigious juried art festivals. Many of Amdur’s festivals have been rated in Sunshine Artist Magazine’s top 100 with several appearing in the top 50. Recent top rated shows include: Port Clinton Art Festival, Art at the Glen Town Center, Gold Coast Art Fair, Millennium Art Festival, artfest Michigan Avenue, Chicago Botanic Garden Art Festival, Barrington Art Festival and the Promenade of Art Arlington Heights.
Applying to many Amdur Productions’ art festivals? Buy our Pro Pass for a flat fee and apply to any of our 2020 shows!
Click here for details.
- Urban show
- Dolly into the show
- Power available
- Maker Spaces: About 100 spaces
- Staff Support: Amdur Productions staff is present on site throughout the entire festival to assist Makers from load in to load out.
- Booth Sitting: Amdur Productions staff is available to booth sit for Makers throughout the entire festival
- Marketing: A large multi-layered marketing plan supports this show. Professional public relations ensure high visibility for this festival.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- January 20, 2020: Applications due for all festivals
- February 20, 2020: Notifications of festival status online
- March 20, 2020: Registration forms and show fees due (in full or half)
- March 21, 2020 and Thereafter: Late payments apply, $20 per festival
- April 20, 2020: Last day for refunds (less $50)
- December 13, 2020: MADE Holiday Pop Up
Jury and Exhibit Space Fees
Jury Fee (non-refundable): $20
8’ Wide by 5’ Deep Exhibit Space Fee: $270
- All artwork submitted to jury, displayed and presented for sale at MADE must be created, designed and made or made under the direct supervision of the accepted Maker(s). All artwork shown must be for sale.
- A Maker may apply in more than one category, but not twice in the same category.
- Jewelry created through fabrication and casting is allowed if the original casts are made by the Maker.
- No factory produced items may be shown.
- Photography/Digital art: Original work made by the hands of the photographer is allowed.
- Makers must design their work.
- The Maker certifies that images submitted represent their current original work and represent the work that will be displayed at the festival.
- Collaborators (up to two Makers in total) producing a single item qualify as an exhibitor. A collaborator is not an employee or helper. If Makers enter as a collaboration, it must be clearly noted on the application and work shown must be signed by both.
- “Buy/sell” items are strictly prohibited from all or part of a Maker’s booth. Buy/Sell is any art or object that is purchased from a manufacturer or Maker other than the Maker and sold at a festival as “original” work. The restriction of buy/sell work is in ALL categories.
- Acceptance is non-transferable. Tables cannot be split without show permission.
- MADE is a drug-free environment. Smoking is not allowed inside Morgan Manufacturing.
- Accepted Makers must be present during festival hours. No agents, representatives, family members or friends are permitted as a substitute for the accepted Makers’ attendance, unless express exception is granted in special circumstances.
- Only work in the category accepted through the jury process is allowed. See Amdurproductions.com for full info.
- Discount/sales signs, and ribbons from other shows are not allowed.
- Each Maker is responsible to collecting and remitting local sales tax to the State’s Department of Revenue as required by law.
Reproduction and Limited Edition Prints Policy
Fine art reproductions must be clearly and individually labeled as a limited edition which is signed and numbered on the front of each piece. The method of reproduction and brief process description must be on the back.
Limited Edition Prints are printed works for which the Maker hand manipulates the plates, stones or screens and which have been properly signed and numbered as a limited edition. These hand pulled prints are considered to be originals. PrintMakers are encouraged to identify their process.
Applications will be processed online through Juried Art Services (JAS) at www.juriedartservices.com. If you have any questions with the process of applying to our festivals, contact email@example.com.
When applying in two categories, work in each must be substantially different. Four images of the work and one of the display must be submitted for each category. A separate jury fee is required for each category.
Online jury payments are processed directly by Amdur Productions through a secure payment system. Email confirmation of your payment will be sent. Please follow online payment instructions if paying your jury fee with a credit card. Your jury fee payment will be posted to JAS within three days after you submit your application. All questions or concerns regarding the payment of your fees should be directed to the office at 847-926-4300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If paying with a check or money order (US currency only) please send via US mail no later than 7 days after the submission of your online application. Applications will not be processed or forwarded on to our jury unless your jury fee is paid in full. The non-refundable jury fee check will be deposited on receipt.
All checks are to be made payable in US dollars to “Amdur Productions” and sent to:
PO Box 550
Highland Park, IL 60035
Please note the festival name on your check.
Spaces are 8’ X 5’ and work must be contained within the assigned space. You may not infringe on another space physically or audibly. Only one Maker’s work or the work of two approved collaborating Makers may be displayed per space. Makers must keep their area clean and orderly. Double deep or double wide spaces may be requested but are not guaranteed and are awarded at the sole discretion of the Festival Committee.
Special needs requests will be accepted but are not guaranteed. We will make every effort to meet all special requests on a first come, first served basis. Additional charges may apply. Please include all space requests on the registration form after acceptance.
During MADE, all displays will be visited by a MADE representative to ensure that they are in compliance with our festival policies. It is the exclusive right and responsibility of the MADE Staff to call for the removal of work that is not in compliance with the MADE policies and requirements. Non-compliance may result in expulsion from the MADE or refusal of future MADE participation.
Jury and Selection Process
The work submitted by each Maker is juried based on the criteria listed below:
- Body of Work: How well the work represents a point of view
- Theme: design, vision, creativity
- Technical Competence: technique, skill, degree of difficulty, mastery of materials used
Notification and Booth Fee Payment
Once the jury process is complete, all artists will receive an email from Juried Art Services directing the artist to log into their JAS account to check the status of their application. Please keep your email up to date with JAS to receive this information in a timely manner.
All artists who have applied will be notified on February 20, 2020 via email. Your application status will be indicated by a color:
- Green checkmark indicates invited artists
- Yellow exclamation point indicates waitlisted artists
- Red “x” indicates declined
Invited artists will be required to submit their online registration and booth fee payment by March 20, 2020 for participation. If the booth fee is not received by the deadline date, the artist will automatically be put on the wait list. Late fees apply on booth space fees paid after March 20, 2020. The late fee on booth space fees are $20 per show fee.
Credit card payments are processed directly by Amdur Productions. All questions or concerns regarding the payment of your fees should be directed to Annette in our accounting office at 847-926-4300.
If paying with a check or money order (US Currency only) please send via US mail on or before the registration due date (03/20/2020). If we do not receive the check on or before the registration due date, you will be put on the wait list. Include artist’s name and name of festival on your check.
All checks are to be made payable to “Amdur Productions” and sent to:
PO Box 550
Highland Park, IL 60035
If you have any questions regarding status notification or our payment process please contact us.
Categories - All Makers must apply to a category
2D – Includes original two-dimensional work including graphite, charcoal, chalk, pastels, collage, wax crayon, inks, and washes.
3D Functional – Includes dimensional work that has a function – such as wearables, tableware, quilts, fiber, wood furniture, artisan soaps, lotions, candles, artisan foods, and stationary.
3D Non Functional – Includes art that serves an aesthetic not functional purpose. Generally “sculptures.”
Painting – Includes original, two-dimensional work created with pigment including oils, spray paint, acrylics, watercolor, egg tempura, etc.
Photography – Includes signed prints created by the Maker from his/her own original negative or digital files that have been “taken” and processed by that Maker.
Jewelry – Includes earrings, necklaces, bracelets, rings, cuffs, watches and anklets. No buy/sell or buy/sell fill-in allowed.
Sub-categories – All Makers must select a sub-category
Artisan Gourmet – handmade by the maker, is edible and pre-packaged, no representatives from large companies
Artisan Soaps – handmade by the maker, not mass produced, no representatives from large companies
Artisan Candles - handmade by the maker, not mass produced, no representatives from large companies
Ceramics – Original shaped and fired clay (including earthenware, porcelain, stoneware and terracotta)
Fiber – Original work created by the Maker from fibers/fabric or leather including batik, basketry, weaving, and quilt-making. No factory produced items are permitted.
Furniture – Original work in any material which is functional as a piece of functional furniture or home accessory.
Glass – Original work created in glass by the Maker including blown glass, fused glass or stained glass.
Print Making - Prints manually created by the Maker using plates, stones or screens which have been signed and numbered.
Metal – Original work created by the Maker without use of a production studio.
Mixed Media – Includes collage and handmade paper; incorporates more than one type of material. Generally flat, wall hung art.
Wood – Original hand-tooled, machine worked, built-up, turned or carved work in wood.
Acrylic Paint – Applied to a surface in any way
Acrylic Resin – Applied to a surface in any way
Batik – Technique used on fabric
Collage – Variety of materials applied to a surface
Drawing – Charcoal, graphite, and color pencils applied to a surface
Egg Tempera – Applied to a surface in any way
Gold and/or Silver – Precious metal or precious metal clay used in jewelry
Leather – Primary material used
Oil Paint – Applied to a surface in any way
Paper – Hand made
Pastel – Dry pigments applied to a surface
Photo – Black & white, color, black and white & color, hand color, digital. Select the area the majority of your work is in
Stone – Carved
Watercolor – Applied in any way
Other - If your category is not represented, you may add your own
A Maker Statement describing the technique, materials, and processes used in the creation of your entire body of work must be included with each Juried Art Services entry. Co-Makers must describe the collaboration. Your Maker Statement may be used in the promotion of MADE through public relations efforts
Wait List Policy
A wait list is selected from the jury's scores in each category, and wait listed makers are invited into the show as cancellations occur in that particular category. Wait list makers can resubmit art images and/or a booth image for reconsideration on their overall jury score. Wait list makers can be accepted up to and on the day of the show and will be notified by phone and/or email when a booth becomes available.
Cancellations must be made in written form and submitted by mail, fax, or email. Emails should be sent to the Director of Artist Relations, Caitlin, at Caitlin@AmdurProductions.com.
If a maker cancels a show on or before April 20, 2020, they will be given a refund for the amount they have paid towards the booth, less $50 processing fee. Application fees, credit card processing fees, and permit fees are non-refundable. NO REFUNDS AFTER APRIL 20, 2020.
Makers that cancel after April 20, 2020 can have the amount that they have paid toward their booth fee transferred to another 2020 Amdur Productions’ festival balance. The fee to transfer is $125. Permit fees, credit card processing fees, and application fees are non-transferable between festivals. Credit transfer will not be accepted if an artist cancels within a week from the festival start date. Credits from a cancelled show can only be transferred once.
No Show Policy
Artists who have not checked in and/or notified Amdur Productions with a message via festival phone (TBD), office phone (847-926-4300), or email (email@example.com) by 7:30 am on the first day of festival, will be considered a NO SHOW and the assigned space will be forfeited with no refund.