Art For Horses Show & Sale 2016
AN EXHIBIT OF HUMAN CREATIVITY FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE EQUINE SPIRIT
In the heart of Colorado Horse country, at the PACE Center, 20000 Pikes Peak Ave., Parker, CO 80138
Ticketed Opening Reception, Dinner, Auction and Sale:
Thursday, September 15, 2016, 5:30-9:30 p.m.
Exhibit and Sale:
Friday, September 16 - Sunday, October 30, 2016
Art for Horses is proud to present our 4th fund-raising art show and sale. The mission of the show is to promote and capitalize on human creativity to support the art community and benefit the welfare of equines. Art for Horses 2016 will benefit two horse rescues: Drifter’s Hearts of Hope and The Horse Protection League.
Art for Horses is a fine art show and sale.
• Artwork must be Equine in subject matter, look, feel, theme, (broadly defined).
• Artwork may be any medium. Etchings, prints and photographs in small editions may be considered.
• Examples do not have to be the pieces intended for the exhibit and you may submit multiple media in one application. We want to see your best work.
• Artwork must be for sale. Artists receive 60% commission for their art sales, remaining 40% goes to facilitation of the show and to the horse rescue beneficiaries.
• There is a $35 application fee for each artist submitting work. Fee is collected by Juried Art Services and distributed to Art for Horses show management for facilitating the show and for fund raising for beneficiaries.
• All work submitted by April 30, 2016 will be reviewed by the curator.
• Each artist may submit 4-10 pieces for consideration.
• Open to artists over age 18.
• Artwork must be priced and ready for display and sale.
• All artwork must be the original work of the artist.
• Submit original works only. No Giclees or mechanical reproductions.
• We will not select jewelry, furniture, saddles, pottery, or other crafts.
• Artwork not conforming to criteria, eligibility and conditions of this prospectus will not be accepted.
• Prices may not be changed after submission, and applicable taxes will be added to the price. Works not sold will be returned to the artist at the artist’s expense.
Rose Fredrick has curated the Coors Western Art Exhibit & Sale since 1997. As an art advisor, publisher and writer, Fredrick has been actively involved in the art scene for more than 25 years, working on exhibitions for non-profit causes and writing about art and artists for national publications. Fredrick won a National Endowment for the Arts grant in 2006, to curate a traveling exhibition title “Master Pieces of Colorado,” which explored the legacy of landscape painting in Colorado. Her interview with Wayne Thiebaud has been viewed at museums during his retrospective exhibitions, and is used by artists and professors in college curriculum. She has juried numerous exhibitions, and has moderated and sat on panel discussions covering such topics as “Art versus Smut: Where Does Photography Cross the Line” and “What’s Wrong with Western Art?” Fredrick has a fine art publishing company with an affiliation to University of New Mexico Press. Her publication “Elevated Perspectives:
The Paintings of Joellyn Duesberry” was selected as a finalist for the Colorado Book Awards.
Best of Show • Edyth Horton Memorial Award • People’s Choice
Ticketed Opening Reception, Dinner, Art Auction and Sale:
Thursday, September 15, 2016, 5:30-9:30 pm at PACE Center, 20000 Pikes Peak Ave., Parker, CO 80138.
• Submit works for consideration via JURIED ART SERVICES
• Submissions are due Saturday, April 30, 2016
• Results will be sent to applicants via email on Friday, June 3, 2016 (if you do not hear from us it means your work is not accepted). If you do not receive an email, please check your Juried Art Services account before making an inquiry to Art for Horses.
How to submit:
• Online submission and fees are being handled by Juried Art Services (JAS).
• Register as an artist and create your free account on https://www.juriedartservices.com
• Upload your images according to Juried Art Services specifications
• Image naming requirements: artists last name, title of the piece and size need to be in the file name
• Input artist statement/biography (optional), description of art and artist contact details
• After all edits, and choosing your images, finalize and submit
Delivery of accepted work:
• Accepted work must be delivered to PACE Center, 20000 Pikes Peak Ave., Parker, CO 80138 on Monday,
September 12, 2015 from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
• Artwork must be labeled on the back with artist’s name, address, phone number, title and price
• Accepted works must be exhibit ready: framed with hanging wire, appropriate glass (no exposed glass edges), no sawtooth hangers. Art for Horses and PACE reserve the right to alter hanging mechanisms
• Shipped work MUST CONTAIN PRE-PAID POSTAGE and PAPERWORK for return shipping. If the postage and paperwork is not contained, your work will NOT be considered.
• Artwork must be shipped in strong, reusable cartons or crates with no free-floating Styrofoam popcorn packing. All shipping costs are the responsibilities of the artists.
• COD deliveries will not be accepted
• Late or damaged shipments will be returned
• Art for Horses and PACE are not responsible for damage/loss during transportation
Pick-up of unsold work: at PACE on Monday, October 31, 2016 from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Location of show, display and management of art and legal agreement:
PACE will have limited insurance while art work is at or on display in PACE. It is artist’s responsibility to have insurance and artists will be responsible for their work outside of, and during transportation to and from PACE. Submission to the show constitutes an agreement on the part of artist to the conditions set forth in this prospectus. Art for Horses and PACE reserve the right to final curatorial, educational, and marketing decisions. Work must be suitable for a general audience of all ages. Art for Horses and PACE reserve the right to reject any artwork that is not deemed to be appropriate. Participant’s Waiver: Submission of work automatically waives any claim for damage or loss against Art for Horses and PACE, including the officers, members, employees, and volunteers. By submission, artists whose submissions are chosen for the exhibition grant Art for Horses and PACE the right to use their images for purposes of marketing the exhibition. Artists grant the use of their image(s) as stated, without further contact or compensation from Art for Horses and/or PACE.
online submissions due: Saturday, April 30, 2016
notifications of accepted work: Friday. June 3, 2016
art drop off/delivery of art to the PACE: Monday, September 12, 2016 , from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
opening reception ticket sales: Thursday, July 1, 2016 - Thursday, September 15, 2016
ticketed opening reception/dinner/art auction and sale: Thursday, September 15, 2016
exhibition dates: Friday, September, 16 through Sunday, October 30, 2016,
pickup of unsold work: Monday, October 31, 2016, from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Questions regarding the show should be directed to:
Vicki Christensen at 303.332.9344 or firstname.lastname@example.org