Space Coast Art Festival 2015
November 28-29, 2015
Port Canaveral, Florida
Application Dates: March 18 2015 – July 9, 2015
Late Application Dates: July 10, 2015 – July 23, 2015
Jury Fee: $40.00
Additional Late Jury Fee: $25.00
Booth Fee $325.00
52nd Annual Space Coast Art Festival 2015
We invite you to apply to a Master Fine Arts Show offering up to $50,000 in Award Money. The 52nd Space Coast Art Festival will be held Thanksgiving weekend, November 28 thru November 29, 2015, at Port Canaveral, Florida. Visit our website at: Spacecoastartfestival.com
We are located at the beautiful Exploration Tower Area at Port Canaveral, just north of Cocoa Beach. The location offers spacious accommodations that allow us to create an artists’ booth layout that flows easily and is very accessible to patrons. The venue also has abundant parking for both artists and patrons, including trailers and RVs, and is easily accessible from main interstate highways. There are numerous restaurants and hotels nearby including a camp ground site.
250 artists will be jury-selected to exhibit in this outdoor show, one of the top shows in the Southeast, drawing outstanding artists from throughout the United States. The Space Coast Art Festival is a not-for- profit 501(c)(3) organization governed by an all-volunteer Board of Directors. We have been praised by participating artists for being artist-friendly and for our teams of cheerful, helpful Volunteers.
Our low fees are $40 Jury Fee, additional $25.00 for late Jury Fee, and $325 Booth Fee. You are automatically accepted into SCAF 2015 if you were a Category winner in the 2014 SCAF show. In this case the Jury Fee is not required; however, you must still submit an Application and pay the Booth Fee consistent with the deadlines and stipulations outlined in this Application.
PAYMENT is to be made by one check for the non-refundable Jury Fee (plus late fee if applicable) and your Booth Fee, made payable to SCAF and mailed to: SCAF Registration, P.O. Box 320135, Cocoa Beach, FL 32932-0135. Be sure to include the completed mail-in application form and a stamped #10 envelope self-addressed to where you will receive mail in early-September. If you wish to be notified of your Booth Space by email, please indicate on the Mail-In Application. Absolute deadline for receipt of all paperwork is July 23, 2015.
SCAF features special rates for artists at select local hotels, an Artists’ Breakfast served both mornings, and a Patron Purchase Program to guarantee sales. Other features are a special Artist Designed Poster and Show T-shirt for each annual festival (if you are interested in entering the Poster competition check out our website for more information: Spacecoastartfestival.com). Also featured is a judged Student Art Show for young artists from county-wide public and private schools grades 1-12, a children’s T-shirt design contest for grades 1-12 which will appear on our Volunteer T-shirts, a Young-at-Art booth with hands-on activities for budding artists, performing arts throughout the day (no loud bands), and a Food Court featuring the Daily City Food Truck Bazaar.
AWARDS & CATEGORIES
AWARDS (up to $50,000 in Award Money!)
Best of Show $3,000
1st Place (in each of 10 categories) $1,800
2nd Place (in each of 10 categories) $1,200
3rd Place (in each of 10 categories) $ 800
Best Display Award $ 500
President’s Award $ 500
Merit Awards $ 500
CATEGORIES (maximum of two categories)
A. Oils & Acrylics
C. Drawings, Graphics, Collages, Printmaking & Paper
I. Leather, Fiber, Wood
J. Mixed Media
SPACE COAST ART FESTIVAL 2015 RULES AND REGULATIONS
Eligibility for Judging:
1. To be eligible for judging, all art work must be the artist’s original work, must be marked with a selling price or marked ‘Not for Sale’. Two-dimensional work must be framed or gallery-wrapped and signed.
2. Limited edition prints and unframed two-dimensional work are not eligible for judging but may be displayed in a portfolio or bin.
3. All artists accepted into SCAF must personally exhibit their work. All named artists must provide a photo ID during Roll Call each morning.
1. Artists may begin setup on Friday after 12:00 Noon. Assigned space will be forfeited if artist is not present and open by 9:00 am on Saturday and 10:00 am on Sunday and remains open until 5 pm both days.
2. Artists must prominently display the booth card provided by SCAF identifying the artist's name, space number, category, and city and state of residence. Only original work by the artist may be exhibited and no ribbons, awards, or gallery cards from other art shows may be displayed. Any winning art work from a previous SCAF that is displayed is not eligible for cash awards and must be clearly marked “NOT ELIGIBLE FOR JUDGING.”
3. Each exhibitor is responsible for the collection of Florida sales tax (6.5%) on all sales made during the festival. Tax forms will be provided in the artist’s packet at Roll Call.
4. One booth space is assigned per entrant. If available, a second booth space may be purchased for an additional Booth Fee. Exhibitor's belongings must be contained within the 12' X 12' space and no animals are allowed, except service dogs. Artists' booth may not be attached to pavement or other structures. No generators are allowed. No changes in booth location may be made without the express approval of Registration.
5. Items NOT permitted in SCAF: any trademark infringement; ALL BUY/SELL; jewelry not totally handmade, including settings; ceramics cast from commercial molds; crocheted or knitted items; string art; candles; decoupage; china painting; shell craft; any item made from kits or mass produced; commercial displays of picture frames, art supplies, loose stones, belt buckles, etc.
6. Artists not in compliance with the rules and regulations of SCAF will be ineligible for cash awards, required to leave the festival, and denied future admission. SCAF reserves the right to refuse any application.
7. Acceptance into the Space Coast Art Festival is a commitment to SCAF and there will be NO REFUNDS. 2014 Returning Award Winners need to apply, but are not required to pay a Jury Fee or submit images. Entering a second category would require an additional Jury Fee and Images.
SCAF Website: Spacecoastartfestival.com
SCAF Telephone: 321-784-3322