Laudholm Nature Crafts Festival
September 7-8, 2019
The Laudholm Nature Crafts Festival is held in Wells, Maine, each September on the weekend after Labor Day. This prestigious event brings many of the Northeast’s finest craftspeople and artisans, selected by jury, to exhibit and sell their work to more than 5,000 attendees. Music, local food, and drink round out the 2-day festival.
The ambience of the Laudholm Nature Crafts Festival combines professional vitality and country hospitality. The event takes place on the site of a beautifully restored historic saltwater farm midway between Portland, Maine, and Portsmouth, New Hampshire. It is just a few minutes from the Maine Turnpike (I-95) and 90 minutes north of Boston.
The Laudholm Nature Crafts Festival hosts craftspeople from across the New England region and is always seeking new talent to maintain the event's excitement and diversity.
Applicants are judged on these criteria:
- Originality: Unique designs and techniques are much appreciated.
- Quality: Workmanship should be exemplary. The craftsperson who is applying should be the primary creator of the work that is exhibited and is expected to be present at the show.
- Nature: The world of nature is a recommended theme for materials and works, as the festival takes place at, and is a fundraiser for, a nature preserve and environmental science center.
- Booth Setup: Please have an attractive display with multi-level presentation, floor-length table coverings, screening from neighboring booths, and a sign with the artist or business name. Multiple price points are appreciated.
Crafters are the engines of creativity and dynamism that keep visitors flocking and buying year after year. Artists like you provide high-quality, hand-crafted wares, beautifully displayed, that are the heart and soul of the Laudholm Nature Crafts Festival.
- Tent spaces are located within large tents. A wide aisle runs down the center of each tent, with display areas along the sides. Additional room behind each tent space may be used for storage, but must be kept neat if it is visible to the public.
- Lawn spaces are out in the open; we do not provide tent cover for lawn spots. Vendors must provide an awning or tent to protect and display wares.
- Booth fees range from $300 to $375. All spaces (except "Lawn – no electricity") include up to 400 watts of electricity. Additional electricity must be requested in advance and incurs an additional $30 fee.
- Location choices are: tent straight, tent corner, lawn, barn. All should be marked “w/ electricity” or “no electricity.” All spots are 10’x10’, though the barn has some irregularly shaped locations. Please include your 1. First location choice; 2. Second location choice. 3. If your 1st and 2nd choices are unavailable, will you accept another location?
- We do not guarantee assignment to a first choice booth space, but do try to accommodate requests.
- Wholesome and tasty food is available for sale on site.
- Artisan demonstrations, local food and drink, live musicians, and a beautiful location keep customers lingering all day long, shopping comfortably and forming fond memories.
For more information visit our website here.
(Paper applications are also available for download.)
To view photos of past festivals, click here.
Thank you for applying.