2019 Regional Open Juried Show
The Ridgewood Art Institute is proud to present its 39th Annual Regional Open Juried Show
February 11th - February 24th, 2019
Garin Baker-“Man from Senegal”, Oil
"The Barn" Galleries ~ (201) 652-9615
Sat, Jan 12th, 2019
One entry: RAI Member $40 - Non-Member $45
Two entries: RAI Member $50 - Non-Member $55
Entry fees are non-refundable
There is a 25% donation to RAI on all sales.
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE
Tues, Jan 22nd by email or online at Juried Art Services
WEBSITE EVENT URL
- Open to all artists 18 years and older.
- Traditional realism only.
- Two-dimensional work only.
- No sculpture, photography or crafts.
- Two entries per person, with one accepted entry.
- Paintings must be original and never exhibited at previous RAI Juried Shows.
- Paintings must have been completed in the last 3 years.
- Paintings must not exceed 44 inches in either direction including the frame.
- Paintings must be framed (no strip molding), properly wired & ready for hanging.
- All watercolor, pastel, pencil & ink must be framed, matted (using clean mats) and under glass.
- Works over 20" x 30" MUST be under Plexiglas
- RAI reserves the right to reject any work that falls outside eligibility guidelines or does not match image submitted for jurying.
Over $5000 in merchandise & cash awards including a $1000 grand prize. Artist or a representative must be present at the awards ceremony. The action of the Juries of Selection & Awards is final.
Application Deadline -January 12, 2019
Notification of Jury Results- January 22, 2019
Hand Delivery of Accepted Work -Sat, Feb 2nd
Award Judging -Sun, Feb 3rd
Awards posted on website - Mon, Feb 4th www.ridgewoodartinstitute.org
Awards & Reception - Sun, Feb 24th, 2-4pm
Exhibition Dates - Sat Feb 11 - Sun, Feb 24 - (at RAI)
Removal of Work- Sunday Feb 24 -Mar 1
Meet the 2019 Judges
Garin Baker studied at Pratt Institute and is now an arts educator teaching life painting at the Art Students League in NYC. As a nationally and internationally recognized muralist he has created many public art projects as well partnering with governments, businesses and communities. He has won several awards: Grand Prize at Plein Air Easton, The Irvine Museum Award, recent invitations to the American Masters Exhibitions in NYC.
His work has been featured in many publications including The Washington Post, American Artist, Fine Art Connoisseur, Plein Air Magazine and many others. In addition Garin runs the Public Art Mural Company, which offers apprenticeships.
Roberta Oliver is an award-winning artist living in Bergen County, New Jersey. She has exhibited in many national and international shows including American Watercolor Society. Her work has been and will be published in ‘Splash, The Best Of Watercolor 19 and 20’. She enjoys signature status in Transparent Watercolor Society Of America, North East Watercolor Society, New Jersey Water Color Society and Florida Watercolor Society.
“I prefer my subjects to have strong natural light and paint with many hues mingled together to create brilliantly colored paintings.”
CHAIRPERSONS - Susan Hope Fogel & Patty Nebbeling
AWARDS CHAIRPERSON - Mary Mancuso
CONSULTANT - Joel Popadics
SHOW CATALOG - Murray Smith
HOSPITALITY - Jim Nocilla