Out West Art Show and Sale
March 20-23, 2019
Show Manager - 406-564-8669
Thank you for your interest in applying for the Out West Art Show and Sale, held annually in Great Falls, Montana, over Western Art Week at the Best Western Plus Heritage Inn. It is our goal to continue to bring in fine artists in a variety of subject matters and mediums.
Due to the strong demand for an exhibit room, the Out West Art Show has a very limited amount of space. There are approximately 110-120 artists in this show, with low turnover each year. However, if you are not chosen for a 2019 room, but the jury panel loves your work, you may be added to a waiting list for available rooms.
To apply for the show, please submit your bio in 500 words or less, five images representative of your work, and your website address, to Juried Art Services. A professional jury will view them and you will be notified if you are accepted.
Thank you. Out West Art Show -a function of the Out West Art Foundation, Inc
Show Dates: March 20-23, 2019
- $25 processing and handling fee for each set (5 images) of images
- 2D and 3D are juried separately. You may choose to jury for both 2D and 3D but you must pay the process and handling fee ($25) for each
- If there are multiple mediums submitted (2D and 3D) and only one is accepted, only work represented in that application may be exhibited. If both are accepted, the work may be exhibited in any proportion.
- All application fees are non-refundable and are not transferable. The OWAS assumes no responsibility for the receipt of incomplete applications.
- Submitted images should be high resolution (a minimum of 300 dpi at 5 x 7 in.). Juried Art Services requires that images be between 1400 and 4000 pixels on the longest side. Refer to the help menu on the Juried Art Services website and review the application checklist. Contact Juried Art Services directly for technical assistance
- Application deadline for 2019 shows is September 15, 2018, at midnight (PST)
- Jury results for all shows will be emailed to show applicants in late September 2018.
About the Show rooms:
This is a high-end hotel show comprised of professional artists. Your room location, if accepted, is chosen by the Out West Art Foundation. For your information, if accepted and if you plan to take your exhibit room, there is a show fee of approximately $900 – 1200, depending on room location. (This show fee covers the show expenses such as venue and advertising.) Some artists are able to share a room, which of course halves that cost. In addition to the show fee, you are responsible for the hotel room (five nights) and a room stripping fee of approximately $125. For those who wish to stay in the room, rollaway beds are available. Panels and lights can be rented—but again, most professional artists supply their own.
Exhibitor Terms and Conditions
Accepted exhibitors must agree to abide by the general terms and conditions of the Out West Art Show.
- Exhibitors must be professional, capable of producing work of consistent quality,
- All work in Out West Art Show must be created by the exhibitor. Exhibitors must display only their own work, not work made by others. Exhibitor must display a high percentage of originals compared to prints. (approx.. 90% to 10%)
- Exhibitors must present work consistent with the type and quality represented in the application submission.
- Exhibitors must attend their work in person for the duration of the show.
- Booth displays must remain intact until the show ends.