Portland Fine Craft Show
2017 Event Prospectus
The Portland Fine Craft Show, produced by the Maine Crafts Association will take place on August 26, 2017 on Congress Street in Portland Maine. The Portland Fine Craft Show will feature 100 juried exhibitors from the greater New England area exhibiting fine craft in the following media categories: baskets, ceramics, fiber, furniture, glass, jewelry, leather, metal, mixed media, paper, stone and wood.
The Portland Fine Craft Show will take place on the same date as the ever-popular WSCH 6 Sidewalk Art Festival featuring 150 painters, printmakers and photographers. The two shows are promoted and managed separately, but exist side-by-side, closing down much of Congress street to vehicles for an exceptional day dedicated to art and craft.
The show is a one-day outdoor show, that shuts down the main thoroughfare of Portland, Maine, exhibitors are prepared for a relatively quick set up (3-4 hours) and take down (2 hours).
Show Producer: Maine Crafts Association
Established in 1983, the Maine Crafts Association supports craft artists by providing educational, marketing and retail opportunities. The MCA strives to develop lasting and impactful opportunities for both our members and greater craft community and was thrilled to launch this exciting new show in 2015. The show is one of the only Maine craft shows open to artists not living in Maine and in its first year earned the reputation as a high quality, well attended and well organized event. And we buy you lunch!
$155 MCA Member rate
$185 Non Member rate
· Listing on Maine Crafts Association Website
· Lunch delivery
· Water delivery throughout day
· Volunteer booth sitters
· Professional Show Producer with staff available daily for assistance leading up to show
When: 9am – 4pm August 26, 2017 rain or shine
[Set-up: 6am-9am, (unloaded by 8am) Take down: 4pm-6pm]
Where: Congress Street, between High and State. (Closing Congress to vehicle traffic)
What: Fine Craft Show: 100 vendors in 10x10 spaces selling handmade craft work
Other Portland Art Events: WCSH 6 Sidewalk Arts Festival on Congress (High to Preble St.). This event draws 20,000 – 30,000 visitors.
· Booths will be in two lines facing one another on Congress St. sidewalks will remain open. Booth assignments will be based on creating a mix of media in each section.
· 10 x 10 spaces, EZ-up (or equivalent) tents required.
· Tent weights required.
· No electricity available.
· Premium Booths: Spacing and booth location is determined by driveways, fire hydrants, intersecting streets and other street-based logistics – therefore, there is not a significant difference between corner and non-corner booths, additionally, booths will have not be wall-to-wall against neighboring booth. However, there are a few locations and opportunities for custom booths for an additional fee. Please contact show staff to discuss.
Accepted Fine Craft Media:
Fiber: Decorative + Wearable
Media/Products Not Accepted:
Specialty Foods, Personal Care, Candles, Books, CDs/DVDs, Cards, 2D Fine Art, Photography, flower arrangements, buy-sell items or any products made from commercially available kits.
Cancellation / Refund Policy:
If before June 1st: Refund less $25
If before August 1st: 50% refund
After August 1st: No refunds
Dorothy Royle, Show Director: Dorothy@mainecrafts.org 207-245-5880
Sadie Bliss, MCA Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org 207-564-0041
MCA Site: www.MaineCrafts.org
PFCS Page on Site: http://mainecrafts.org/programs/portland-fine-craft-show/