KAO INTERNATIONAL KINETIC ART COMPETITION
KAO, the Kinetic Art Organization and the City of Boynton Beach/Art in Public Places, Florida are pleased to announce the 2015 KAO INTERNATIONAL KINETIC ART COMPETITION and the February 6-8, 2015 International Kinetic Art Exhibit and Symposium in Boynton Beach, Florida,
KAO was founded in 2001 as a virtual and not- for-profit organization. The objective of KAO and our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/kineticartorganization/info is to provide a place for kinetic artists from around the world where they can interact with those that are interested in kinetic art and sculptures.
We again welcome kinetic artists from around the world to submit their recent kinetic sculpture creations to this free-of-charge 2015 KAO international competition.
We are pleased to announce our partnership with the February 6-8, 2015 International Kinetic Art Exhibit and Symposium in Boynton Beach, Florida. The 2015 KAO INTERNATIONAL KINETIC ART COMPETITION awards will be announced on Feb. 8 during the 2015 International Kinetic Exhibit and Synposium. For more information: www.intlkineticartevent.org
A) CONTACT INFORMATION REGARDING THE 2015 KAO INTERNATIONAL KINETIC ART COMPETITION:
KAO - KINETIC ART ORGANIZATION
301 Clematis Street, #3000
W. Palm Beach, Fl 33401, USA
B) CONTACT INFORMATION REGARDING THE FEB. 6-8, 2015 INTERNATIONAL KINETIC ART EXHIBIT AND SYMPOSIUM IN BOYNTON BEACH, FLORIDA:
CITY OF BOYNTON BEACH - ART IN PUBLIC PLACES
Debby Coles - Dobay
Public Art Manager
Important Dates and Deadlines
- Monday, 15th of December 2014 - Online Application Deadline at Juried Art Services
- Monday 12th of January 2015 - Jury Session
- February 6-8, 2015 - INTERNATIONAL KINETIC ART EXHIBIT AND SYMPOSIUM in Boynton Beach.
- February 8th, 2015 at 3:30 PM - Awards announcement at the 2015 INTERNATIONAL KINETIC ART EXHIBIT AND SYMPOSIUM in Boynton Beach.
KAO 2015 INTERNATIONAL KINETIC ART COMPETITION Eligibility
- Only one Kinetic Artwork per artist.
- Artworks have to be sculptural and kinetic art pieces, which includes a motion, or interactivity.
No static sculptures or static optical art, or 2D art will be reviewed for this competition.
- Submissions are FREE OF CHARGE.
- Artwork must be original in design and executed by the artist within the last 3 years.
- Art teams and/or collaborators that produce a single product may qualify as a single entry. If you enter as an artist team or collaboration, it must be clearly noted on the application.
KAO 2015 INTERNATIONAL KINETIC ART COMPETITION Submission Requirements
10. Submit up to 4 images of your one kinetic sculpture.
11. The images must be in jpeg format and labeled with your name and the name of the sculpture (example: johndoe-kineticsculpture1.jpeg).
12. With your submission, please include your:
- contact information (name, address, phone, cell, email and web site);
- resume (2 page maximum);
- artist bio (500 word maximum),
- artwork title; material; retail price; dimensions and weight,
- if for sale (incl. price) or not.
13. If links to videos are available, please include them.
KAO 2015 Competition Prizes
FIRST PRIZE - $1,000,
SECOND PRIZE - $500,
THIRD PRIZE - $250
All AWARDEES WILL RECEIVE CERTIFICATES
The awards will be announced 3:30pm – 4:00pm Sunday, February 8, 2015 at the KAO - Kinetic Art Organization International 2015 Competition Awards Presentation in the City Hall Chambers, Boynton Beach, Florida.
Shortly after the awards will be notified by email.
Each awards artwork can be displayed on the KAO Facebook page and awards may display the 2015 KAO logo on their website, marketing materials, etc.
Jury verdict is final and at the judges sole discretion.
KAO 2015 INTERNATIONAL KINETIC ART COMPETITION Application Process
All applications will be processed online through Juried Art Services (JAS) at www.juriedartservices.com. Juried Art Services is free to participating artists and includes a detailed introductory tutorial. After reviewing our prospectus and the JAS Tutorial, if you have any questions contact us via email or phone, and we will assist you with the process of applying to our festivals.
Jury and Selection Process
Our jurors’ panel consists of several independent jurors selected for their in-depth knowledge and experience in the field of Kinetic Art.
The judging criteria are:
· Innovation and Originality,
· Form and Function, Artistic Esthetics and Craftsmanship