Spring Festival of the Arts Oakbrook Center
Fine Arts & Crafts
May 17 – 18, 2014
Oakbrook Center, Oak Brook, Illinois
Amdur Productions announces the kickoff of the Spring Festival of the Arts, May 17 & 18 at the beautiful Oakbrook Center in Oak Brook, Illinois. This festival will feature all types of art, highlighting jewelry, fashion, and functional art in addition to painting, photography and more.
30% of Oak Brook households in 2013 have an income of over $200,000 and 54% of residents have a bachelor’s degree or higher. With a community of smart, wealthy and art loving people, this is a great show to show and sell your art.
Oakbrook Center is a premier open-air shopping center located in the affluent western suburbs of Chicago. The Center features more than 160 fine shops that include Lord & Taylor, Macy’s, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom and Sears. All artists are located throughout the mall's open air walkways among trees, flowers, plants, and fountains.
- Staff Support: Amdur Productions staff is present on site throughout the entire festival to assist artists from load in to load out.
- Booth Sitting: Amdur Productions staff is available to booth sit for artists throughout the entire festival.
- Artists Parking: Amdur Productions provides artist close oversize and regular parking over the festival weekend.
- Tent Rental: Artists may rent tents and tables through the festival. Tents are commercial grade and rental includes delivery, set up, weights and removal.
- Set Up/Take Down Help: Booth set up and take down assistance is available on an hourly rate basis.
- Break Room: An artist break room/area provides refreshments throughout the festival for artists.
- Hotel Rooms: Hotel rooms are blocked to give artists the best rates in the area.
- Marketing: A large multi-layered marketing plan supports this show with ads running in newspapers, advertisements, on radio, posters, street banners, social media and through direct mail postcards. Professional public relations insures high visibility for this festival.
- Security: Overnight security is provided.
- Art Bucks Program: To increase attendance and encourage sales, we run an Art Bucks program. Art Bucks are sold to the public and also given away as pre-show marketing. These special Art Bucks certificates are each worth $25 and good only for the purchase of art. Artists who receive these certificates turn it in to Amdur Productions for a reimbursement check.
Amy Amdur, Festival Director
PO Box 550
Highland Park, IL 60035
Important Dates and Deadlines
- April 16, 2014: Applications due
- April 23, 2014: Notifications of festival status
- April 30, 2014: Registration forms and show fees due (generally half fees)
- May 17 – 18, 2014: Spring Festival of the Arts
- All artwork submitted to the jury process, displayed and presented for sale must be designed and executed by the accepted artist.
- Artist certifies that jury images submitted represent his/her current original work.
- Art collaborators that produce a single product may qualify as a single exhibitor. Such a team may not consist up to two people. If you enter as a collaboration, it must be clearly noted on the application and the collaborative effort must be clearly defined. Both artists must be present during all festival hours.
- No work by apprentices or employees will be accepted.
- Buy/sell vendors are strictly prohibited.
- Artwork created from commercial molds, mass-produced kits, embellished objects or other commercial methods or artwork produced in studios involved in volume production will not be permitted.
- Work made from ready-made items like clothing, glassware, furniture, etc. with painted, dyed or added embellishments will not be accepted.
- Acceptance is non-transferable.
- Spring Festival of the Arts is a drug-free and an alcohol-free environment.
- No smoking is allowed in artists booths.
- Accepted artists must be present and exhibit during all festival hours. No agents, representatives, family members or friends are permitted as a substitute for the accepted artists’ attendance.
- Any artist closing his/her booth prior to the end of the show will not be permitted to return the next day or in subsequent years (unless illness so requires).
- Only artwork or crafts in the category accepted through the jury process are allowed to be exhibited. It is the exclusive right and responsibility of the Festival Committee to remove work that is not in compliance with the festival policies and requirements.
- Discount/sales signs, ribbons and awards from other shows are not allowed.
- Each exhibitor is responsible to collecting and remitting local sales tax to the State’s Department of Revenue as required by law.
Reproduction and Limited Edition Prints Policy
Fine art reproductions must be clearly and individually labeled as a limited edition which is signed and numbered on the front of each piece. The method of reproduction and brief process description must be on the back. Browse bins may be used, but reproductions may not be mixed with originals. Framed reproductions may be hung on one wall not to exceed a total of ten linear feet. No laser prints or photo copies permitted.
Limited Edition Prints are printed works for which the artist hand manipulates the plates, stones or screens and which have been properly signed and numbered as a limited edition are. These hand pulled prints are considered to be originals. Printmakers are encouraged to identify their process.
Jury and Exhibit Space Fees
$25 Jury Fee (non-refundable)
$460 Exhibit Space Fee
Applications will be processed online through Juried Art Services (JAS) at www.juriedartservices.com. Juried Art Services is free to participating artists and includes a detailed introductory tutorial. After reviewing our prospectus and the JAS Tutorial, if you have any questions contact us via email or phone, and we will assist you with the process of applying to our festivals.
When applying in two categories, work in each must be substantially different. Four images of the work and one of the display must be submitted for each category. A separate jury fee is required for each category.
Online jury payments are processed directly by Amdur Productions through a secure payment system. Email confirmation of your payment will be sent. Please follow online payment instructions if paying your jury fee with a credit card. Your jury fee payment will be posted to JAS within three days after you submit your application. All questions or concerns regarding the payment of your fees should be directed to the office at 847-926-4300 or email Lennette at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If paying with a check or money order (US currency only) please send via US mail no later than 7 days after the submission of your online application. Applications will not be processed or forwarded on to our jury unless your jury fee is paid in full. The non-refundable jury fee check will be deposited on receipt.
All checks are to be made payable to “Amdur Productions” and sent to:
PO Box 550
Highland Park, IL 60035
Please note the festival title on your check.
Spaces are 10’ X 10’ and work must be contained within the assigned space. You may not infringe on another space physically or audibly. Exhibitors must have a white tent unless exempted by festival director. All tables must be skirted to the ground. Only one artist’s work or the work of two collaborating artists may be displayed per booth. Artist must keep their area clean and orderly. Double spaces are considered.
Special booth space or special needs requests will be accepted but not guaranteed. We will make every effort to meet all special requests on a first come, first served basis. Additional charges may apply. Please include all booth requests on the registration form.
During the festival, all exhibits will be visited by a festival representative to ensure that they are in compliance with our festival policies. It is the exclusive right and responsibility of the Festival Staff to call for the removal of work that is not in compliance with the festival policies and requirements. Non-compliance may result in expulsion from the festival or refusal of future festival participation.
All canopies are required to be white and able to withstand winds and rain and be properly weighted. No staking allowed. You must respect the clearance of all fire lanes. If there is a requirement, Amdur Productions will let you know.
Jury and Selection Process
The artistic work submitted by each artist is juried based on the criteria listed below:
- Body of Work: How well the images represent a point of view
- Artistic Theme: design, vision, creativity
- Technical Competence: technique, skill, degree of difficulty, mastery of materials used
Notification and Booth Fee Payment
Once the jury process is complete, all artists will receive an email from Juried Art Services directing the artist to log into their JAS account to check the status of their application. Please keep your email up to date with JAS to receive this information in a timely manner.
Notification of status will be available at Juried Art Services on April 23, 2014. Accepted artists will be required to submit their booth fee payment by April 30, 2014 for participation. If the booth fee is not received by the deadline date, the artist may forfeit his/her participation in the festival.
Credit card payments are processed directly by Amdur Productions. All questions or concerns regarding the payment of your fees should be directed to Lennette in our accounting office at 847-926-4300.
If paying with a check or money order (US Currency only) please send via US mail no later than 14 days after the application due date (05/16/2014). Include artist’s name and name of festival on your check.
All checks are to be made payable to “Amdur Productions” and sent to:
PO Box 550
Highland Park, IL 60035
If you have any questions regarding status notification or our payment process please contact us.
Categories - All artists must apply to a category
2D – Original two-dimensional work including graphite, charcoal, chalk, pastels, wax crayon, inks, and washes. All work must be framed and finished. 2D Artists must have panels in your booth.
3D Functional – Dimensional work that has a function – such as wearable fiber or wood furniture.
3D Non Functional – Art that serves an aesthetic not functional purpose. Generally “sculptures.”
Painting – Original, two-dimensional work created with pigment, including oils, acrylics, watercolor, egg tempura, etc.
Photography – Signed prints created by the artist from his/her own original negative or digital files that have been processed by that artist or under the artist’s direct supervision.
Jewelry – All jewelry, whether the work is produced from metal, glass, clay, fiber, paper, plastic or other materials, must be entered in this category. No commercial cast, molds or production studio work is allowed.
Sub-categories – All artists must select a sub-category
Ceramics – Original shaped and fired clay (including earthenware, porcelain, stoneware and terracotta)
Fiber – Original work created by the artist from fibers/fabric or leather including batik, basketry, weaving, and quilt-making. No factory produced items are permitted.
Furniture – Original work in any material which is functional as a piece of functional furniture or home accessory.
Glass – Original work created in glass by the artist including blown glass, fused glass or stained glass.
Print Making - Prints manually created by the artist using plates, stones or screens which have been signed and numbered.
Metal – Original work created by the artist without use of a production studio.
Mixed Media – Includes collage and handmade paper; incorporates more than one type of material. Generally flat, wall hung art.
Wood – Original hand-tooled, machine worked, built-up, turned or carved work in wood.
Acrylic Paint – Applied to a surface in any way
Acrylic Resin – Applied to a surface in any way
Batik – Technique used on fabric
Collage – Variety of materials applied to a surface
Drawing – Charcoal, graphite, and color pencils applied to a surface
Egg Tempera – Applied to a surface in any way
Gold and/or Silver – Precious metal or precious metal clay used in jewelry
Leather – Primary material used
Oil Paint – Applied to a surface in any way
Paper – Hand made
Pastel – Dry pigments applied to a surface
Photo – Black & white, color, black and white & color, hand color, digital. Select the area the majority of your work is in
Stone – Carved
Watercolor – Applied in any way
Other - If your category is not represented, you may add your own
An Artist Statement describing the technique, materials, and processes used in the creation of your entire body of work must be included with each Juried Art Services entry. Co-artists must describe the collaboration. Your Artist Statement may be used in the promotion of the festival through public relations efforts and should be no longer than a maximum of 1000 characters (including punctuation and spacing).
Wait List Policy
A wait list is selected from the jury's scores in each category, and wait listed artists are invited as cancellations occur in that particular category. Wait list artists can be accepted up to and on the day of the show and will be notified by phone and email when a booth becomes available.
Cancellations must be made in written form and submitted by mail, fax, or email. Emails should be sent to the Artists Director, Lisa, at email@example.com.
No refunds after April 30. Booth fee transfers to next year’s festival will be determined on a per case basis.
No Show Policy
Artists who have not checked in and/or notified Amdur Productions with a message via festival phone (224-619-4089), office phone (847-926-4300), or email ( firstname.lastname@example.org) by 7:00 am Saturday (first day of festival) will be considered a NO SHOW and the assigned space will be forfeited with no refund.
By applying to this festival, I hereby certify that these images represent my original work, and that the work is unique and made by me. I also agree to follow all festival rules as outlined in the prospectus. In partnership situations, we declare that our combined efforts made every individual piece of work we would exhibit, if accepted. I/We also agree to allow images of my/our work to be used in the event related to publicity and or materials.