Concepts in Clay
The Cape Cod Potters, Inc. and the Cape Cod Museum of Art, 60 Hope Lane, off Route 6A in Dennis, Massachusetts will hold an exhibition "Concepts in Clay" works by the Cape Cod Potters. The show will be juried by Ellen Shankin of Floyd, Virginia, and will open in the fall of 2012.
This exhibition will demonstrate the development and fulfillment of an idea in clay from each exhibitor. The artist's photographs and accompanying written explanation for the body of work will show the conception, evolution and resolution of a single concept in a glaze, form or technique. The collection of work submitted by each artist for review should embody the same concept or theme, and must be recent work produced in the past two years.
The exhibit will open on October 27th, 2012 and will run through January 6th, 2013. There will be a reception on Friday, November 2nd, 2012 from 5:30-7:30pm.
Each potter may submit up to 6 pieces with a statement of not more than 120 words explaining the concept.
- All pieces submitted for consideration must be made by a 2012 member of Cape Cod Potters, Inc.
- If a piece is accepted into the show, that specific piece must be present at the exhibition; there will be no substitutions allowed.
- During the exhibit, accepted artwork will not be for sale.
- If a piece incorporates other materials, the majority of the work must be constructed from clay in order to be considered.
The juror will review works anonymously, and will select the works she feels best embody the theme of the show and that are of the highest caliber. The juror may choose all, some, or none of the pieces submitted by each individual.
Show applications online will be accepted from April 2nd, 2012 through May 24th, 2012 and selection notification will be started June 22nd, 2012. A non-refundable application fee of $45.00 is required for entry into this show.
- April 2nd, 2012, Applicants may start submitting their applications to this event on line at: www.juriedartservices.com
- May 24th, 2012, On-line application deadline, no applications/submissions/alterations accepted after this date.
- June 1st, 2012, Jurying begins.
- June 22nd, 2012, Notifications of jury results start going out.
- October 22nd & 23rd, 2012, 10am to 4pm, Juried entry must be delivered to the Cape Cod Museum of Art.
- October 27th, 2012, Show opens at the Cape Cod Museum of Art.
- November 2nd, 2012 Reception at the Cape Cod Museum of Art from 5:30-7:30pm.
- January 6th, 2013, Show ends.
- January 7th & 8th, 2013, 10am to 4pm, Pickup of your entry from the Cape Cod Museum of Art.
- All applications must contain a minimum of one (1) and a maximum of six (6) digital images.
- Neither the potter nor their gallery/business/shop name may be visible in any of the images.
- No altered images will be accepted, such as using Photoshop® or other image editing software. The image submitted must be an actual digital photograph.
- Digital images must be no smaller than 600 x 600 pixels and no larger than1400 to 2000 pixels at the longest dimension and at 300 DPI in jpeg format only.
Potter statements and applications:
- Statements may NOT contain the name of the potter or their gallery/business name.
- Incomplete applications will not be forwarded to the jury for review.
- A potter may NOT apply more than once.
- Statement cannot exceed 120 words.
- A non-refundable application fee of $45.00 is due and is payable by check to the Cape Cod Potters, Inc. Application fees will be accepted from March 26th to May 11th, 2012. You can apply to the show only after we receive the application fee. Forms are available on our website: www.capecodpotters.org/ccmashow/entryform.pdf
Mail to: Cape Cod Potters, Inc.
Chatham, MA 02633-0076
- Instructions and support on the use of Juried Art Services can be found on this website:https://www.juriedartservices.com/index.php?content=help:faq Do not contact the Cape Cod Potters, Inc. for technical support.
- If you have previously set-up an account/portfolio with Juried Art Services, you do not need to set up a new one in order to apply. Just create a new application within your account/profile.
- Notifications will be posted or emailed to each potter’s Juried Art Services profile/account. Check your profile/account on or after that date for your status. It is vital that the email address you enter in your account/profile is correct.
- There will be no telephone notification.
- All work will be judged by digital images and the accepted piece shown in the image will be what appears in the show.
How to get started:
Our juror, Ellen Shankin has requested that we use Juried Art Services, this online web service for this show. We are not able to help you with technical support. All support will go through Juried Art Services website. They have excellent tutorials available for setting up your account/profile which you can do at anytime. Just go to https://www.juriedartservices.com and select the [HELP] tab. You will find FAQ’s and many tutorials, which we suggest you review.
1. Follow their instructions for setting up your account/profile. You can start uploading images and text to your account/profile at any time. You will not be able to apply to our show until after April 2nd, 2012.
2. Download the entry/payment voucher from our website: www.capecodpotters.org/ccmashow/entryform.pdf, please fill it out and send it to Cape Cod Potters, Inc., CCMA Show, Box 76, Chatham MA 02633, with your check for $45.00 (make checks out to: Cape Cod Potters, Inc.). Please allow time, it will take approximately four business days after we receive your check for you to be able to apply to our show. Application fees will be accepted from March 26th to May 11th, 2012.
3. There will be a [Pay-By-Check] checkbox on the Juried Art Services website when applying to our show, check that box only. Do NOT select any other payment option for our show. Please note that your entry/payment voucher form must be received before you can apply to our show. It may take up to four business days to approve your entry after you apply to our show.