National Oil and Acrylic Painters’ Society
5th ‘Best Of America’
Small Works National Juried Exhibition
April 28-May 27, 2022
Beverly McNeil Gallery, Birmingham, Alabama
Celebrating its 5th Best of America Small Works National Juried Exhibition in 2022, the National Oil & Acrylic Painters’ Society (NOAPS) invites oil and acrylic painters from all across North America and International Artists to apply to our exhibit honoring the BEST in oil and acrylic painting. NOAPS has been showcasing the talents of oil and acrylic painters since 1991.
Opening & Awards Reception: Thursday, April 28th, 2022
AWARDS: Best of show $3,000, over $15,000 cash and sponsor awards
Exhibition dates: April 28-May 27, 2022
Application Deadline: February 13, 2022, Midnight PST
Notification Date: March 4, 2022
All NOAPS members: 18 years of age or older residing in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Other International NOAPS Member artists may apply but please take into consideration shipping and custom fees since this is a gallery show.
· The Best of America SMALL WORKS National Juried Exhibition is a juried competition open to current members of NOAPS.
· The 2022 annual membership is $52 and can be paid when entering this exhibit or through the Membership Link at www.NOAPS.org.
All entries will be submitted via Juried Art Services (JAS) www.juriedartservices.com. JAS is a free service and provides a comprehensive ‘Help’ menu. NOAPS is also available to help with procedural problems. Email: Membership@NOAPS.org for assistance.
· Digital files should be saved in universal .jpeg format for JAS entry and should be between 1400 pixels and 4000 pixels longest dimension at 300PPI (pixels per inch). Please crop your image to include ONLY the painting; no frame or other background should appear in your image.
· Art work must be original two dimensional with mediums limited to oil and acrylic paints
· Completed in the last three (3) years
· Not previously accepted in any other NOAPS Exhibit (including NOAPS Best of America National Exhibitions, Fall and Spring International Online Top 200, and Associate Online Exhibition).
· Maximum size of the art excluding frame shall not exceed 320 square inches (Example: 16 x 20 in= 320 square inches).
NOAPS is dedicated to exhibiting excellent works of fine art which promote the artist’s artistic ability, vision and creativity within the traditional art forms of oil and acrylic painting. In this respect All artwork should be original and created from conception to completion by the artist in Oil and/or Acrylic only. Artists are permitted to use their own photos as reference materials in the creation of their artwork, but not photos from other sources. No mixed media, painted giclee prints, painted over photographs, or any other type of digital or photographic reproductions in conjunction with the Oil & Acrylic qualify. No artwork copied from other artists work or published photos, or created in an instructional setting are eligible.
The annual 2022 NOAPS membership of $52 is required. If you are not currently a member pay the membership fee through the membership link at www.NOAPS.org/join-us or when entering this exhibit.
· The annual membership is valid from January 1st to December 31st of each year.
· To verify if you are a current 2022 NOAPS Member, please check our Members Directory Page. https://www.noaps.org/member-directory A 2022 will be listed after your name if you are a current member.
The fee to enter is $35 for the first image and $10 for each additional image UP TO A MAXIMUM OF 5 IMAGES.
· Example: maximum of five (5) entries= $75 plus current 2022 NOAPS membership ($52) if not already paid. Payment may be made by Pay Pal or Credit Card.
· Please be sure ALL images you wish to submit are added to the application BEFORE paying.
Three NOAPS Signature or Master Artists will comprise the Awards Judging Panel
Each entry is reviewed and scored by an independent Selection jury panel. The Jurying Panel will consist of a minimum of 5 NOAPS Master or Signature Members. The panel selects paintings for the exhibit based on the quality and individual mastery of the medium. IMPORTANT: Jurors in the panel make selections based on the image entered (make sure the image depicts a true representation of the painting). Jurors score the image only and do not see any information about the artist.
NOAPS Best Of America Small Works National Juried Exhibition AWARDS
Awards include: Best of Show $3,000, $15,000 cash and sponsor awards
Signature and Master Artist Guild Qualifying Update
Both Best of America National shows starting in 2018 count for Signature Status
· 6 points total over 5 years are needed to qualify for Signature Status
· Acceptance into the "Best of America National Juried Exhibition" will count for 1 point per year
· Acceptance into the 'Best of America' Small Works National Juried Exhibition will count for 1 point
· One point for 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in the Associate Online
· A maximum of 2-3 points attainable per year
· After Signature Status is achieved, the awarded artist may use the initials NOAPS on original works of art and in their correspondence.
Master Artist Membership: Master Qualification begins AFTER the show in which Signature status is attained. Master Artist Membership is awarded to active members, whose dues are current.
Both “Best of America National Juried Exhibitions” starting in 2018 count for Master Status
· When a Signature Artist receives three (3) TOP Master Qualifier Awards in a five (5) year period in the “Best of America National Juried Exhibitions” they are now qualified to make a submission to the Masters jury committee headed up by NOAPS Master Artist, Cheng Lian
· Email Membership@noaps.org – title the email “Masters Submission”
· Please submit: 10 original artwork images, Biography and any published articles or related achievements
· These TOP Qualifier Awards will be clearly identified as Masters Qualifier Awards before the start of the Best of America Exhibits. They include Best of show, 1st, 2nd, and all “Best of” category awards.
· With 2 Nationals per year, there will be 10 opportunities in a 5 year period to qualify for Master.
· Upon approval of the Masters jury submission committee and Masters designation is received, the awarded artist may use the initials NOAPSM on original works of art and in their correspondence. This honor is awarded for life, unless forfeited by nonpayment of annual dues or resignation.
Artists selected for the Exhibition will be notified by email from Juried Art Services. An up to date email address is essential for notification. Please be sure that your contact information in your Juried Art Services account is correct.
ART ACCEPTED FOR THE EXHIBIT
Upon receipt of the accepted paintings at the exhibit location, NOAPS and the Gallery retain the right to refuse to display and/or allow award judging due to: technical inaccuracy, misrepresentation, inadequate framing, or damage from improper packaging.
· FRAMING: Gallery quality wood frames and finished (painted) edge gallery wrap are acceptable
· NOAPS strongly recommends Strong Boxes from Airfloat Systems. (they provide a 20% discount to NOAPS members, promo code NOAPS). Similar shipping container can also be accepted. All art received and displayed will not be returned until after the exhibit has closed.
IMPORTANT: Once accepted, failure to send the accepted artwork to the exhibit will result on a two (2) year disqualification period for the artist. Artwork must remain at the exhibit until the end of the show, unless released for sale by the gallery.
· If the artwork is sold after acceptance but before shipping it to the exhibit, artist must contact NOAPS (firstname.lastname@example.org). The artwork should still be sent to the gallery, and commission should be paid to the art gallery.
· Selected paintings will be showcased on www.NOAPS.org, in the NOAPS Blog, and in NOAPS Social Media.
· By entering, entrants are consenting to having a reproduction of their work used for promotion of the NOAPS Exhibits. You are confirming the work entered is your own and copyrighted images incorporated in your work have not been used.
All entries must be for sale. Paintings of all price ranges are accepted. Entrants price their work and should closely represent the established market value of the artist’s work. The price entered on the Juried Artist Services application form will be the price for the duration of the exhibit.
Every reasonable care will be exercised with all artwork. NOAPS, The Gallery, and any other organization or individual connected with the exhibition will not be responsible for loss or damage of artwork while in transit. By entering this exhibit, the applicant agrees to the terms and conditions of the prospectus.
The artist will receive 55% of the selling price, with the remainder split at 45% to the hosting gallery.
Once your art is accepted into the Exhibition, please follow the shipping instructions carefully. Full shipping instructions will be provided with acceptance letters from Juried Art Services. All shipping charges to and from the Gallery are the responsibility of the artist. We recommend insuring your work before shipping.
ALL ART MUST ARRIVE AT THE GALLERY BETWEEN April 8-April 15, 2022
***Include in the shipping container:
1. Return shipping label - Fedex or UPS (this is created by the shipping agent)
2. HOW TO create a return shipping label- example - If using UPS - Must open an account, then use their online program to "Create a return" - Enter all the information and print the label but do not schedule a pickup. Enclose return label in envelope for the gallery or email to the gallery (Brittany@beverlymcneilgallery.com). There are no charges until the UPS driver picks up the parcel and scans the shipping label.
3. $15 check made payable to The Beverly McNeil Gallery for unpacking/repacking fees.
4. Hand deliveries DO NOT require a handling fee.
5. Artwork label attached to back of painting (this is included in the acceptance letter from Juried Art Services.)
6. IMPORTANT: Shipping from OUTSIDE the USA must be shipped FREE DOMICILE or they will not be accepted. International artists please check all shipping restrictions and custom regulations before entering this exhibit. All Duties and Taxes must be paid by the artist
Applications Dates: October 26, 2021-February 13, 2022
Notifications: March 4, 2022
Artwork arrival ship dates: April 8 - 15, 2022
Shipping Address for artwork:
Beverly McNeil Gallery
605 28th St. South
Birmingham, AL 35233
Opening Week Program: Events to be listed at www.noap.org
Opening Reception: Thursday, April 28, 2022
Exhibit Closing: Friday, May 27, 2022
Your participation and support of the NATIONAL OIL & ACRYLIC PAINTERS’ SOCIETY is greatly appreciated.
We wish you success in this event and may all your
art career goals be met!
Please email to email@example.com