10th Annual ‘National’ Juried Art Show
MISSOURI VALLEY IMPRESSIONIST SOCIETY
in partnership with Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art
Application Opens: Aug 22, 2021, Application Dates: Aug 22, 2021 - Oct 24,
2021, Application Fee: $35.00, Notification Date: Nov 1, 2021
To unify Impressionism throughout the Missouri River Valley region by connecting artists who are consistent in their pursuit of the rural, urban, and historic beauty of our unique geography, while embracing the various approaches unique to each artist in this representation of beauty and truth.
JUROR - To Be Announced
Artists who are currently 2021 MVIS members are allowed to submit pieces for this show. To become a member and become eligible, please visit and complete our Membership requirements located on the Join page. Membership is open nationwide.
(Sponsored by the Missouri Valley Impressionist Society) will be presented to:
Best of Show ($1000)
Second Place ($500)
Third Place ($250)
Three Honorable Merits ($100 each)
MVIS directors are ineligible to receive any awards.
SPECIFICATIONS AND PRESENTATION
All work must be matted and framed, and wired for hanging: clip frames will not be accepted. Plexiglass is required on all shipped work.
Eligible work includes paintings and pastels of representational art. No sculpture, drawing, illustrations, photography, video, film, installations, computer generated art or giclées are accepted. Original Art Only. 2-D work may not exceed 45 inches in height or width including the frame. Works on paper must be framed in glass or plexiglass. Any piece juried into any of the 2012 -2020 MVIS Shows are ineligible in this and future MVIS shows.
HOW TO ENTER
Please pay your MVIS membership fee here first:
Three (3) digital images in jpg format may be submitted at a submission fee of $35. Only paid 2021 MVIS members are eligible. Incomplete entries will not be accepted. Please title pieces when entering online.
Once membership dues are paid and show fee is paid, please visit Juried Services link and create an online presence if you have not worked with this platform in the past. Find our link to our show and please pay the fee and submit up to three images. In your uploaded submission you will include the following information for each piece: Your Name, Title, size, media, price. You will include your address and phone number as well in your submission.
A 30% commission will be retained on any sold work. All work must be for sale—no NFS or POR. All sold artwork must remain in exhibition until the conclusion of the show.
ARTWORK DELIVERY AND PICKUP
All shipped works need to come to: Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art, 2818 Frederick Ave., St. Joseph, MO, (816) 233-7003. All artwork should have a return call tag with them in case they do not sell. Hand deliver dates: Sunday, Nov. 7th, 1-4pm or Monday, Nov. 15th, 10am-4pm. Shipped art needs to be received by Nov. 8th. Shipped work can not come in wooden crates or use packing peanuts. All shipped work must arrive in a reusable container and include a prepaid computer-generated UPS or FEDEX return shipping label. No U.S. Postal Service returns. Do not send stamps, cash or credit card information for return of work.
Artists are responsible for insuring their own work prior to and after the exhibit and while in transport.
- ABSOLUTELY NO PACKING PEANUTS PLEASE.
- All shipments MUST BE sent “SIGNATURE REQUIRED” in order to be safely received by the gallery.
- AKMA and MVIS ARE NOT responsible for any lost packages left with no signature required.
- Shipments that appear to have major damage upon receipt will not be opened and the artist will be contacted immediately to assist in assessing the damage and determining how to proceed.
- The artist will also be contacted immediately if any major damage is discovered once a painting is unpacked.
- Minor scuffs and scratches to frames as well as typical wear and tear will not be considered “damage” and will be deemed acceptable at the discretion of the gallery.
- If shipping, you may email the tracking info beforehand to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Artists may also arrange for other individuals to deliver/pickup their works but they must contact the museum beforehand.
- All unsold work will be returned via shipment or local pickup, just as it was received.
- Paintings being returned via shipment will be packed and returned in the same packing materials they arrived in.
- The artist is responsible for arranging the return shipment of their painting(s).
- Pre-paid return labels may be enclosed in the original shipment or emailed to the gallery once the show has ended.
- Return shipment---please allow two weeks after the show for delivery.
- Any work being picked up locally must be picked up by Monday, January 10th, 12-5pm OR Tuesday, January 11th, 10am -6pm.
- Shipped pieces will be returned within 14 days of the close of the show.
The Missouri Valley Impressionist Society and Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art are not responsible for loss or damage to artwork while in transit to the show and while on display. The artist agrees to allow the Missouri Valley Impressionist Society, at its discretion, to utilize photographs or exhibited work for publicity purposes, not for reproduction.
Due to COVID restrictions and unknown conditions, there may be changes made in the future. Bear with us. Many art organizations are trying to get through and work around this epidemic. Stay safe!
Aug. 22 - Submission opens up on Juried Art Services.
Oct. 24 - Final day for artists to submit artwork.
Nov. 1 - Notification to artists.
Nov. 15 – All work must arrive by this date.
Nov. 19 - MVIS Public Reception (4-7pm)
Jan. 9 - SHOW CLOSES
Jan. 10 & 11 - Local pickup unsold art.