National Oil and Acrylic Painters’ Society
Application Dates: July 14, 2021 to October 24, 2021 at midnight Pacific Time
A R T E X H I B I T I O N P R O S P E C T U S
A B O U T T H E E V E N T
The National Oil & Acrylic Painters’ Society (NOAPS) invites oil and acrylic painters from all across North America and International Artists to apply to our exhibit honoring the Best in oil and acrylic painting. NOAPS has been showcasing the talents of oil and acrylic painters since 1991.
- This is an INTERNATIONAL juried online competition open to ALL artists 18 years of age and older working in Oil and ACRYLIC medium.
- Both members and non-members of NOAPS may apply.
- 200 Artworks accepted into the show and eligible for awards
T H E O N L I N E I N T E R N A T I O N A L A W A R D S :
Best of Show: $1000.00
Second Place: $500.00
Third Place: $300.00
Best Landscape: $200.00
Best Still Life: $200.00
Best People: $200.00
Best Use of Light & Color: $200.00
Most Innovative: $200.00
Narrative Excellence: $200.00
Ten Awards of Excellence: $100.00
Ten Merit Awards: One year membership to NOAPS - $50.00 value
The TOP 200 artists will be given recognition on www.NOAPS.org with Artist name, artist website link and image selected for this exhibit.
The Awards in the On-Line International Exhibits do not apply for NOAPS Signature or Master Status.
Certificates will only be sent to artists who have won awards. Certificates for Awards that have been won by artists from outside of North America will be sent exclusively by email.
Notification Date: DEC 7th 2021 – Please check your JAS account as correct email address is necessary in order to receive notices and Merit Award certificates and correct physical address is necessary to receive prizes. Please check the addresses you use on the JAS site.
A R T I S T E L I G I B I L I T Y
All NOAPS Members and Non-Members. This is an International Show and all countries welcome.
E N T R Y P R O C E S S
All entries will be submitted via Juried Art Services (JAS). JAS provides a comprehensive ‘Help Menu’. NOAPS is also available to help with procedural problems. The ‘Apply Now’ link at the bottom of this prospective will start the entry process for your submission.
- Email: Membership@NOAPS.org for assistance or use the help menu on Juried Art Services.
- Digital files should be saved in universal .jpeg format for JAS entry and should be between 1400 pixels and 4000 pixels longest dimension at 300PPI (pixels per inch). Jurors will not consider entries that are not displayed correctly. No frame, mat, or background visible. Be sure the image is right side up.
- Please note: After submitting an image(s) and making payment you can still go back to your submission at any time before the submission deadline and change the painting that has been submitted for a different painting. If you choose to add more paintings to your submission you can do so for $10 per image and contact NOAPS to pay for the extra submissions. PLEASE MAKE ONLY 1 ENTRY. Do NOT create a new submission to make changes. Log back in to your original submission and edit it. You can get help on this through JAS by going to their Help Menu https://www.juriedartservices.com/index.php?content=help
- or by contacting NOAPS: Membership@NOAPS.org
T E R M S A N D C O N D I T I O N S
- Art work must be original two dimensional with mediums limited to OIL and ACRYLIC paints
- Completed in the last three (3) years
- Not previously accepted in any other NOAPS National Exhibit or NOAPS Online Show.
- No Minimum or Maximum size
- All artwork must be original and created from conception to completion by the artist in Oil and/or Acrylic only. Artists are permitted to use their own photos as reference materials in the creation of their artwork, but not photos from other sources. No mixed media, photography, digital and or other media, No painted giclee prints, or any other type of reproduction, no manipulated photos. No artwork copied from other artists work or published photos, or created in an instructional setting are eligible.
- If you wish to sell the art entered, please price your art in United States currency consistent with the established value of your work. Paintings do not have to be for sale.
- Selected paintings will be showcased on www.NOAPS.org, in the NOAPS Blog, and in NOAPS Social Media. By entering, entrants are consenting to having a reproduction of their work used for promotion of the exhibit. You are confirming the work entered is your own and copyrighted images incorporated in your work have not been used.
- Certificates will only be provided to artists who have won awards.
M E M B E R S H I P
- Current 2021 NOAPS membership is NOT required. However, we welcome your membership and will provide you with a 2022 Membership should you choose to join. To Join NOAPS click the link here: https://www.noaps.org/join-us
F E E S
- The fee to enter is $30 for the first image and $10 for each additional image up to a MAXIMUM OF 5 IMAGES.
Example: maximum of five (5) entries= $70 (US Currency)
A W A R D S J U D G E
Bill Farnsworth is a Signature member of The Oil Painters of America, The American Society of Impressionists and the National Oil and Acrylic Painters Society. He is also a Fellow in The American Society of Marine Artists. His paintings have appeared in many National shows, Museums, and private collections throughout the United States. A nationally known illustrator, Bill has seamlessly moved into the Fine Art field where he has been awarded The Dickinson Signature Member award in The American Society of Impressionists National Show in 2018 and 2019.
He won first place in The AIS 2020 Online Exhibition, Best Landscape in the 2021 NOAPS Best of America Small Works National Juried Exhibition, along with numerous other awards. As well as being widely known for his workshops he is a nationally recognized plein air painter and attends many ‘invitation only’ plein air events throughout the United States.
S E L E C T I O N P R O C E S S
Each entry is reviewed and scored by an independent jury panel. The Jurying panel will consist of a minimum of 5 NOAPS Master Artists or Signature Members. The panel selects paintings for the exhibit based on the quality and individual mastery of the medium.
IMPORTANT: Jurors in the panel make selections based on the image entered. Make sure the image depicts a true representation of the painting. Images that are not displayed right side up or without proper cropping will not be juried. Jurors score only the image and do not see any information about the artist.
S A L E S
All Selected work (200 paintings) will be posted on www.NOAPS.org to promote sales. Requests relating to artist’s information or sales will be forwarded to the artist. NOAPS does not receive a commission on the sale of your work. Be sure that your website is listed on your submission if you want it published on the NOAPS website along with the image of your painting.
C A L E N D A R
Applications Dates: July 14th 2021 to October 24th 2021 at Midnight Pacific Time
Notification: DEC 7th 2020 Reminder - incorrect addresses will not allow notifications to be delivered.
Please check the physical address and email address that you have provided on the JAS website.
Publication on website: Dec 7th 2021
Your participation and support of the
NATIONAL OIL & ACRYLIC PAINTERS’ SOCIETY
is greatly appreciated.
N O A P S H E L P S A R T I S T S G E T R E C O G N I Z E D !
Q U E S T I O N S
The National Oil & Acrylic Painter’s Society