Art on BRiC Walls:
A Boca Raton Museum of Art
in Association with CP Group
Exhibition Dates: November 10, 2021 – February 15, 2022
Opening Reception: November 10, 2021
Application Dates: July 1 - September 19, 2021
Application Fee: $30.00 for 1 - 3 artworks
Open only to artists living in Broward and Palm Beach counties.
Representing a dynamic cross-section of talent from Broward and Palm Beach Counties, this juried exhibition organized by the Boca Raton Museum of Art in association with CP Group reinforces the Boca Museum's commitment to local residents, provides professional exhibition opportunities for emerging artists, and reveals a provocative glimpse of the state of art today.
What began as an outpost for IBM’s Research and Development and the birthplace of the first IBM personal computer is now a state-of-the-art, accessible 1.7 million square foot office park that is a magnet for forward thinkers. Designed by iconic Brutalist architect Marcel Breuer, Boca Raton Innovation Campus (BRiC) is the largest single facility office building in Florida and has been repositioned as a community destination in the heart of Boca Raton. The campus was acquired by CP Group, formerly Crocker Partners, in 2018 with the vision of transforming BRiC into the technology and life sciences hub for the Southeastern United States with unparalleled amenities. BRiC’s partnership with the Boca Raton Museum of Art is part of BRiC’s long-term vision of creating a walking art museum with exhibits throughout the miles of corridors that make up the campus in an effort to integrate art and technology into the ecosystem of the campus.
REQUIREMENTS AND TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Only original artworks completed AFTER January 1, 2019 are eligible.
- No digital reproductions of original artworks will be accepted. If a work of art already exists (as a painting, watercolor, drawing, photograph, etc.) and is copied by digital or photographic means and printed on an offset press, serigraph press or through a computer by means of an ink jet or electrostatic printer, this would be a reproduction. All digital or photographic prints must be signed and numbered in a limited edition of 250 or less.
- If an artwork is for sale, the artist will provide a sales price. This price will also serve as the insurance value. If the artwork is not for sale, the artist will provide an insurance value that must reflect current market value. Sales prices/insurance values cannot exceed $2,500. Prices will not be displayed with the artworks. Potential buyers will be given the artist’s contact information.
- No artwork measuring more than 1,200 square inches unframed will be accepted. (For example, a 30 x 40 inch artwork is 1,200 square inches.)
- No sculptures will be accepted. Every artwork must be ready to install on a wall. All works must be wired or have hanging devices already attached and in place and ready for installation. An artwork will not be included in the exhibition if it is delivered unprepared for installation.
- Do not use glass when framing works exceeding 16 x 20 inches. Acrylic glazing is encouraged but not required for artworks.
- Canvases with wet paint and frames in fragile condition will be disqualified.
- All pieces must be suitable for public display. No potentially offensive or controversial pieces will be selected.
- No works containing live plants, perishable items, or works requiring maintenance will be accepted.
- The juror's decisions are final. No refunds will be given for any rejected entries.
- No substitutions will be permitted.
DROP-OFF & PICK-UP OF ORIGINAL WORKS
Original artwork accepted for exhibition must be dropped off between 10 AM and 4 PM on November 3, 4, or 5, 2021; and picked up between 10 AM and 4 PM on February 16, 17, or 18, 2022. Artworks will not be released to any person other than the artist without written authorization from the artist to the Boca Raton Museum of Art.
Upon each artist’s submission of their respective artwork for the exhibition, each artist represents and warrants that he or she is the creator and sole owner of the submitted artwork with full power and authority to grant the rights to display such work at the exhibition.
Unless prior written permission is arranged, artworks not picked up by 4 PM, February 18, 2022 will be subject to an initial storage charge of $25 plus $5 for each additional business day. If not retrieved by February 28, 2022, any artwork will be considered a donation to be sold for the Museum’s Acquisition Fund. Artists will be liable for all additional expenses including packing, transportation, insurance and off-site storage. No exceptions will be made.
The Boca Raton Museum of Art does not participate in the sale of artwork. Neither will the Museum provide any documents of authenticity. All inquiries will be directed to the artist or their representative. Artworks that sell during the exhibition period must remain installed for the duration of the exhibition.
Only artists who live in Palm Beach County, Florida and Broward County, Florida are eligible to enter the Art on BRiC Walls Juried Exhibition.
Crocker Partners will insure artwork at up to $2,500 per piece while exhibited or stored on BRiC premises. The Boca Raton Museum of Art or Crocker Partners cannot assume liability for any loss or damage caused by transporting or hand-delivery of artwork. It is the responsibility of the artist to provide adequate insurance coverage during transport.
PHOTOGRAPHY OF ARTWORK
In entering the competition, artists grant the Boca Raton Museum of Art permission to reproduce their artwork for publicity and educational purposes. Visitors to the exhibition will be permitted to take photographs of artworks for personal use.