93rd Grand National Exhibition
November 8th to 19th, 2021 ♦ Salmagundi Club of New York
Application Opens: July 1, 2021, Application Dates: July 1, 2021 - September 26, 2021, Application Fee: $40.00 for Members; $70 for Non-Members,
Notification Date: October 12, 2021
Apply online July 1 - September 26, 2021
The American Artists Professional League (AAPL) is pleased to announce the 93rd consecutive Grand National Exhibition at the Salmagundi Club of New York. The in-person Exhibition and virtual show honors the finest in representational and traditional realism art. The Exhibition and virtual show are open to all American and US based artists.
Due to Covid safety concerns, the in-person
exhibition may need to be changed solely to a virtual show.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Open to artists 18 years of age or older.
- Up to three (3) works in the same medium may be submitted. However, only one work per artist will be accepted.
- Only works in Representational or Traditional Realism will be considered.
- Entries in oil, acrylic, water media, mixed media, pastel, graphics and sculpture must be original and not previously exhibited with the American Artists Professional League.
- Giclees, photographs and digital prints are not eligible.
- No minimum or maximum size restrictions.
- Sale prices for art need to be in United States currency. Work does not have to be for sale.
- Selected work will be showcased on aaplinc.org , in the AAPL newsletter and in AAPL social media.
- Your entry confirms that the work entered is your own and that copyrighted images by others have not been incorporated into your work.
- By entering, you agree that AAPL may reproduce your work for promotional purposes.
- Certificates will be presented to award winners.
- AAPL members: $40.00 for first entry, $25.00 for each additional entry. Three entries max.
- Non-members: $70.00 for first entry, $40.00 for each additional entry. Three entries max.
- All funds must be in US currency.
- No refunds for rejected works.
- Membership in AAPL is not required.
- New members are always welcome.
- Membership is available through the website: www.americanartistsprofessionalleague.org or via email at aaplinc.org
ENTRY PROCESS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- All entries are to be submitted through www.juriedartservices.com. (JAS) The “Apply Now” link at the bottom of this prospectus will start the entry process for submission. JAS provides a comprehensive ‘Help Menu.’
- AAPL provides help with any application issues by contacting Alex Tibar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- JAS requires digital files in the universal jpeg format - 1400 to 4000 pixels on the longest dimension - 300 pixels per inch.
- No frame, mat or background may be visible.
- Image must be displayed right side up. For assistance with images that display sideways, contact email@example.com.
- After submitting an image(s) and making payment you can change your submission(s) by returning to the JAS website and following directions. Or contact JAS or AAPL for help.
- No submissions will be accepted after midnight EST on September 26, 2021.
- Each entry is reviewed and scored by a panel of members of the Board of Directors independent jury panel.
- Submissions are scored on the quality and individual mastery of each medium as well as the composition and design of the work.
- Jurors score the image and do not see any information about the artist.
- Images not displayed right side up or without proper cropping will not be juried.
- Jurors on the panel make selections based on the digital image(s). Make certain the image(s) submitted is a true representation of the work. Work misrepresented by the submitted image(s) will not be shown.
- Selected works will be posted on aaplinc.org to promote sales.
- Specific requests relating to artists information or sales will be forwarded to the artist.
- AAPL reserves a 30% commission on all sold work.
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTED WORKS
- Announced October 12, 2021
- Names of ‘Accepted Artists’ to be listed on the AAPL website: aaplinc.org
- Delivery/shipping instructions provided at that time.
- Inclusion of accepted work into the catalog with a copy of the catalog offered for $30.
- Accepted works will have the opportunity to be sold on the Bidsquare site for the GNE.
ABOUT THE AWARDS JUDGE – Peter Trippi
Peter Trippi is editor-in-chief of Fine Art Connoisseur, the magazine that serves collectors of contemporary and historical realist art. He is also president of Projects in 19th-Century Art, a firm he established to pursue research, writing, and curating opportunities. Based in New York City, Trippi directed the Dahesh Museum of Art and co-curated international touring exhibitions devoted to J.W. Waterhouse (1849–1917) and Lawrence Alma-Tadema (1836–1912). His Waterhouse monograph was published by Phaidon Press in 2002, and he authored an essay in the catalogue accompanying the James Tissot exhibition that visited San Francisco and Paris in 2019–20. His current exhibition, Artful Stories: Paintings from Historic New England, was co-curated with Nancy Carlisle and is on view at the Eustis Estate in Milton, Massachusetts, through October 2021. His next curatorial project is the group show Flora Nova: Painting Nature Now at Sugarlift (New York City), on view July 1–31, 2021.
American Artists Professional League, Inc.,
℅ The Salmagundi Club
47 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10003