American Artists Professional League
Spring 2021 Member’s Online Show
T H E T H E M E
The theme for the first show of 2021 is: EXPLORE.
According to the Oxford English Dictionary, “Explore” is defined as "to examine a subject or a possibility completely or carefully in order to find out more about it."
It is the ultimate challenge for an artist, to take on a familiar subject or idea with an entirely fresh, new perspective.
T H E F A C T S
- All members of AAPL are invited to enter one (1) work of art of their choice (oil, acrylic, watercolor, pastel, graphics, other media or sculpture.)
- Those artists who wish to join the AAPL, may submit a membership application here: https://www.americanartistsprofessionalleague.org/Applications
- All accepted works will be displayed on the AAPL website through August 30, 2021
- Entry fee: $25
- Registration Period: November 22, 2020 - February 15, 2021
- Awards Announcement: March 15, 2021
- Show Dates: April 1, 2021 – August 30, 2021
A W A R D S
Within Each Medium category:
- First place: $200
- Second place: $100
- Third place: $50
W O R K S E L I G I B L E
Open to all members who have paid their 2021 dues. Only one (1) entry per artist may be accepted. Works only in Representational or Traditional Realism will be considered. All entries in oil, acrylic, watercolor, mixed media, pastel, graphics and sculpture must be original and not previously exhibited with the American Artists Professional League.
A P P R O V E D M E T H O D O F P A Y M E N T
- REMIT PAYMENT THROUGH JURIED ART SERVICES.
Note: Entries must be paid on or before February 15 or will be excluded from the competition.
P R O C E S S O F S U B M I S S I O N S
All entries are to be submitted via Juried Art Services (JAS). The “Apply Now” link at the bottom of this prospectus will start the entry process for submission.
JAS provides a comprehensive ‘Help Menu.’ Also, the AAPL office is available to help with any application issues by emailing email@example.com
● Digital files should be saved in universal .jpeg format for JAS entry and should be between 1400 pixels and 4000 pixels longest dimension at 300PPI (pixels per inch). Jurors will not consider entries that are not displayed correctly. No frame, mat, or background may be visible. Be sure the image is right side up. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help resolving image orientation issues.
● Please note: After submitting an image(s) and making payment you can still go back to your submission at any time before the submission deadline and change your submission for an alternate piece. Log in to your original submission and edit it. DO NOT create a new submission to make changes. If you need help, contact JAS or AAPL.
A R T I S T S U B M I S S I O N A G R E E M E N T
Your online entry will constitute that you agree and acknowledge the terms and conditions set forth in this Prospectus.
For Information - Telephone: 212-645-1345
You must be a member to apply!