C A L L T O A R T I S T S :
C L A S S A C T 2 0 2 1
E X H I B I T I O N P R O S E C T U S
The Gallery of Contemporary Mosaics, Chicago is pleased to announce “Class Act 2021” an annual juried exhibition by works of past and present students of The Chicago Mosaic School (2005-present). The exhibition will showcase the diverse works being created by local, national and international artists who have studied at The Chicago Mosaic School during their careers. The exhibition will illustrate the diverse scope of contemporary mosaic art voices and showcase students that have grown as artists through their educational experience(s) at CMS.
The exhibition will take place January 16- March 14, 2021, both at the gallery and online.
The opening reception is pending per current COVID-19 guidelines.
The exhibition will juried by the curatorial board of The Chicago Mosaic School.
The Gallery of Contemporary Mosaics (GoCM) exhibits internationally renowned masters, emerging and established contemporary mosaic artists. GoCM is the only US gallery dedicated exclusively to promotes artists working in Mosaic Art. The gallery showcases works by a variety of renowned artists worldwide who exemplify technical excellence through a multitude of approaches, styles and materials. GoCM is located in Chicago’s historic Edgewater neighborhood and affiliated with The Chicago Mosaic School (CMS), the preeminent center for Mosaic Arts education in the Americas.
C A L E N D A R
Nov 3, 2020 Submissions accepted online
Dec 4, 2020 Submission deadline
Dec 14, 2020 Jurying Opens
Dec 16, 2020 Jurying Completed
Dec 18, 2020 Notification of acceptance by email
Jan 10 2021 All works must be received at CMS
Jan 16, 2021 Exhibition Opens
Jan 16, 2021 OPENING RECEPTION TO BE DETERMINED
Mar 14, 2021 Exhibition Closes
Mar 20, 2021 Artwork shipped back to artists
E L I G I B I L I T Y / R E S T R I C T I O N S / G U I D E L I N E S
- All work MUST be of original design. Absolutely NO copies, reproductions or works by other artists or any other copyrighted material will be considered. An exception will be made for reproductions made in the Ravenna Technique Workshop/ ancient mosaics.
- Decorative art will not be considered. This includes but not limited to tables, mirrors, vases, boxes, etc.
- All work must be ready to hang/exhibit and ready/wired for hanging upon arrival. Work with saw-tooth hanger or wired inappropriately for the weight of the work will NOT be shown.
- Size/Weight Restrictions: 2D work must not exceed 36” (in either direction, without frame) and 25 lbs.
- 3D work must be stable and be able to be secured on a 12” square pedestal.
- No artwork will be removed before the exhibition closing date.
- All Images should be submitted Digitally in 300 dpi jpeg format.
S A L E S
- All exhibited works must be for sale (30% commission to GoCM for sales)
A R T D E L I V E R Y
- Artists are responsible for shipping and insuring accepted work in a sturdy, reusable box or crate.
- Return shipping and insurance MUST be prepaid, with labels and included with the work upon arrival.
- Absolutely NO packing peanuts whether packed by artist or packing service.
- Hand deliveries no later than January 8h, 2020
- Shipping instructions will be included with acceptance notification.
R I G H T S , R E S P O N S I B I L I T I E S A N D L I A B I L I T Y
- GoCM takes all reasonable care in handling and displaying entries. GoCM is not responsible for any loss, damage or deterioration of artwork while in its possession. Artists are responsible for appropriately insuring their artwork during the show and while in transit.
- Sending an entry to this show implies an agreement with all conditions set forth in the prospectus and grants the sponsors the right to reproduce any work for catalog and/or publicity.
- GoCM is not responsible for work not picked up 10 days after the show ends.
- GoCM reserves the right to reject any work that differs from the submitted image or that is deemed too dangerous or fragile to display
G A L L E R Y O F C O N T E M P O R A R Y M O S A I C S
1127 West Granville Avenue • Chicago, IL 60660 • 773 856 6778