National Oil and Acrylic Painters’ Society
"2020 FALL INTERNATIONAL ONLINE EXHIBITION”
Application Dates: July 10, 2020 to October 25, 2020 at midnight Pacific Time
A R T E X H I B I T I O N P R O S P E C T U S
A B O U T T H E E V E N T
The National Oil & Acrylic Painters’ Society (NOAPS) invites oil and acrylic painters from all across North America and International Artists to apply to our exhibit honoring the Best in oil and acrylic painting. NOAPS has been showcasing the talents of oil and acrylic painters since 1991.
- This is an INTERNATIONAL juried online competition open to ALL artists 18 years of age and older working in Oil and ACRYLIC medium. Both members and non-members of NOAPS may apply.
- 150 Artworks accepted into the show and eligible for awards.
The Online International Awards:
Best of Show: $1000
Second Place: $500
Third Place: $300
Best Landscape: $200.00
Best Still Life: $200.00
Best People: $200.00
Best Use of Light & Color: $200.00
Most Innovative: $200.00
Narrative Excellence: $200.00
Ten Awards of Excellence: $100
Ten Merit Awards: I year membership to NOAPS - $50.00 value
The TOP 150 artists will be given recognition on www.NOAPS.org with Artist name, artist website link and image selected for this exhibit.
The Awards in the On-Line International Exhibits do not apply for NOAPS Signature or Master Status.
Certificates will only be sent to artists who have won awards. Certificates for Merit Awards that have been won by artists from outside of North America will be sent exclusively by email.
Notification Date: DEC 7th 2020 – Please check your JAS account as correct email address is necessary to receive notices and Merit Award certificates. Correct physical address is necessary to receive prizes.
A R T I S T E L I G I B I L I T Y
All NOAPS Members and Non-Members. This is an International Show and all countries welcome.
E N T R Y P R O C E S S
All entries will be submitted via Juried Art Services (JAS). JAS provides a comprehensive ‘Help Menu’. NOAPS is also available to help with procedural problems. The ‘"Apply Now"’ link at the bottom of this prospectus will start the entry process for your submission..
- Email: contact@NOAPS.org for assistance or use the help menu on Juried Art Services.
- Digital files should be saved in universal .jpeg format for JAS entry and should be between 1400 pixels and 4000 pixels longest dimension at 300PPI (pixels per inch). Jurors will not consider entries that are not displayed correctly. No frame, mat, or background visible. Be sure the image is right side up.
- Please note: After submitting an image(s) and making payment you can still go back to your submission at any time before the submission deadline and change the painting that has been submitted for a different painting. If you choose to add more paintings to your submission you can do so for $10 per image and contact NOAPS to pay for the extra submissions. Do NOT create a new submission to make changes. Log in to your original submission and edit it. You can get help on this through JAS or NOAPS if needed.
T E R M S a n d C O N D I T I O N S
- Art work must be original two dimensional with mediums limited to OIL and ACRYLIC paints.
- Completed in the last three (3) years.
- Not previously accepted in any other NOAPS National Exhibit or NOAPS Online Top 150.
- No Minimum or Maximum size.
- NOAPS is dedicated to exhibiting excellent works of fine art which promote the artist’s artistic ability, vision and creativity within the traditional art forms of oil and acrylic painting. In this respect all artwork must be original and created from conception to completion by the artist. No mixed media, photography, digital and or other media, No painted giclee prints, or any other type of reproductions, no manipulated photos. No artwork copied from other artists work or published photos, or created in an instructional setting are eligible.
- If you wish to sell the art entered, please price your art in United States currency consistent with the established value of your work. Paintings do not have to be for sale.
- Selected paintings will be showcased on www.NOAPS.org, in the NOAPS Blog, and in NOAPS Social Media. By entering, entrants are consenting to having a reproduction of their work used for promotion of the exhibit. You are confirming the work entered is your own and copyrighted images incorporated in your work have not been used.
- Certificates will only be provided to artists who have won awards.
M E M B E R S H I P
- Current 2019 NOAPS membership is NOT required. However, we welcome your membership. To Join NOAPS click the link here: https://www.noaps.org/join-us
F E E S
The fee to enter is $30 for the first image and $10 for each additional image UP TO A MAXIMUM OF 5 IMAGES.
- Example: maximum of five (5) entries= $70 (US Currency)
A W A R D S J U D G E
Elizabeth Robbins has won numerous awards including "Best Still Life" and "Best of Show" at the National Oil and Acrylic Painter's Exhibit and the "Tuffy Berg Award" at the 2008 CM Russell auction. She is a Signature Member of the Oil Painters of America and A Master Signature Member of the American Women Artists and the National Oil and Acrylic Painter's Society She is co-owner of Bella Muse Gallery in Ogden, Utah and owns Bella Muse Productions where she films and produces instructional painting videos to help inspire other artists along their journey.
Robbins has been featured in Southwest Art, The Artist Magazine, American Art Collector, Western Art Collector and Artbof the West. She is represented by several top galleries.
S E L E C T I O N P R O C E S S
Each entry is reviewed and scored by an independent jury panel. The Jurying panel will consist of a minimum of 5 NOAPS Master Artists or Signature Members. The panel selects paintings for the exhibit based on the quality and individual mastery of the medium.
IMPORTANT: Jurors in the panel make selections based on the image entered. Make sure the image depicts a true representation of the painting. Images that are not displayed right side up or without proper cropping will not be juried. Jurors score the image only and do not see any information about the artist.
S A L E S
All Selected work (150 paintings) will be posted on www.NOAPS.org to promote sales. Requests relating to artist’s information or sales will be forwarded to the artist.
C A L E N D A R
July 10th 2020 to October 25th 2020
at Midnight Pacific Time
DEC 7th 2020
Reminder - incorrect addresses will not
allow notifications to be delivered
Publication on website:
Dec 7th 2020
Your participation and support of the
NATIONAL OIL & ACRYLIC PAINTERS’ SOCIETY
is greatly appreciated.
NOAPS HELPS ARTISTS GET RECOGNIZED!
Q U E S T I O N S
Please email contact@NOAPS.org
The National Oil & Acrylic Painter’s Society