North Tahoe Arts National Juried Exhibit
Flora & Fauna
Share your view of the symbiotic relationship between plants and animals.
Artists of all ages are accepted. All mediums are encouraged to apply, with the exclusion of digital media and installation work. International artists may apply but please take into consideration shipping and custom fees since this is a gallery show.
- All entries will be submitted through Juried Art Services.
- Digital images of work must be in JPEG format, 300 dpi resolution, and between 1400 and 4000 pixels on longest side.
- Submitted work should not exceed 40” on any side or weigh more than 10 lbs. for two dimensional work. Sculpture should not exceed 36” on any dimension or weigh more than 30 lbs.
- Submitted work must have been created within the past three years.
- Submitted work must be of original content. No prints or reproductions. Work must be for sale at a price specified by the artist.
- Two dimensional work must be framed or have professional gallery wrapped edges and be properly wired for hanging. No sawtooth hangers.
- Artists are allowed three different entries per submission fee. Unlimited additional entries are accepted at $10 per entry. Only one image is needed per two dimensional work; two images are accepted for three dimensional work (one of full piece, one of detail or second view).
- Members of North Tahoe Arts receive a $10 discount off the submission fee. Members use discount code NTAMem19 (case sensitive) to receive your discount. Not sure of your membership status? Email Hope at email@example.com to check your status. Visit www.northtahoearts.com/support to join as an annual member.
- All entries with a discount will be checked for current membership status; any entries with a non-current membership will either be billed for the correct amount or will have until the submission deadline to purchase a current membership, otherwise the submission will not be considered for entry into the exhibit.
- Artists are responsible for all shipping costs and insurance, and must provide a return label with their shipped work.
- Artist presence is requested at the Artist Reception on Saturday, October 12, 2019 from 5-7pm.
- Best Of Show: $1000 (awarded by juror Peter Hazel)
- NTArts Choice: $200 (awarded by North Tahoe Arts Board President)
- People’s Choice: $100 (awarded by a majority vote by North Tahoe Arts visitors)
- The Best of Show and NTArts Choice winners will be announced at the Artists Reception on October 12, 2019. The People’s Choice ballots will be counted and the Award will be announced Tuesday, November 4, 2019. Checks for award winners will be issued no later than the 15th of December, 2019.
All submitted work must be for sale. All sales will be facilitated through North Tahoe Arts, and 40% of all sales will be retained by North Tahoe Arts. Checks for sold work, less the 40% commission, will be issued no later than December 15, 2019.
Biography: Since 2005, second generation artist Peter Hazel has been creating stunning permanent mosaic sculptures in ceramic, tile and glass. Primarily depicting the natural world, Peter is a master of form and scale and imbues his pieces with energy and vibrant color palettes that reflect his love of nature. He works in both 2 and 3 dimensional sculptures, reliefs and mosaic panels.
With thirty years experience as a custom tile and granite designer, he worked with high end builders and discerning private clients. He designed, built and installed custom tile and granite countertops along with one of a kind alabaster sinks and handmade mosaic tiled detail work.
On a trip to Barcelona in 2008, Hazel came across the works of Antoni Gaudi. "After seeing Gaudi's work, I couldn't wait to get home and start creating my own. As my first piece, I made a bird bath for a friend as a birthday gift. The whole experience was not only profound and enjoyable, but the reaction was so positive that it really inspired me to take it further. I didn't know if it was going to be good, and apart from my experience with ceramics and stone, I was entering new territory. I was so inspired by what I had seen in Gaudi's work."
In his most recent years, Peter has grown to be an established artist and has installed many public art pieces in Nevada, California, Utah, Colorado, and more. His ability to create monumental sculptures standing as tall as 40 feet, have captured the eyes of many. These large works have been displayed at Burning Man for many years and are his most impressive and intricate works of art.
At 62, he believes his art career has just begun, and is excited for what’s to come.
More information on Peter Hazel can be found at www.peterhazel.com.
- Submission Deadline: August 23, 2019
- Artist Status Notification: September 3, 2019
- Shipped Artwork Arrival Deadline: September 20, 2019
- Hand-delivered Artwork Drop off Deadline: September 23, 2019
- Exhibit Dates: September 27 - November 10, 2019
- Artist Reception: October 12 from 5-7