North Tahoe Arts National Juried Exhibit
• B L A C K A N D W H I T E •
Black and White – Put it in black and white; not just for dramatic contrast or greater clarity, but to show a new perspective on your subject.
Artists of all ages are accepted. All mediums are encouraged to apply, with the exclusion of digital media (video) and installation work. International artists may apply but please take into consideration shipping and custom fees since this is a gallery show.
- All entries will be submitted through Juried Art Services.
- Digital images of work must be in JPEG format, 300 dpi resolution, and between 1400 and 4000 pixels on longest side.
- Submitted work should not exceed 40” on any side or weigh more than 10 lbs. for two dimensional work. Sculpture should not exceed 36” on any dimension or weigh more than 30 lbs.
- Submitted work must have been created within the past three years.
- Submitted work must be of original content. No prints or reproductions. Work must be for sale at a price specified by the artist.
- Two dimensional work must be framed or have professional gallery wrapped edges and be properly wired for hanging. No sawtooth hangers.
- Artists are allowed three different entries per submission fee. Two additional entries are accepted at $10 per entry. Only one image is needed per two dimensional work; two images are accepted for three dimensional work (one of full piece, one of detail or second view).
- Members of North Tahoe Arts receive a $10 discount off the submission fee. Members use discount code NTAMem19 (case sensitive) to receive your discount. Not sure of your membership status? Email Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org to check your status. Visit www.northtahoearts.com/support to join as an annual member.
- All entries with a discount will be checked for current membership status; any entries with a non-current membership will either be billed for the correct amount or will have until the submission deadline to purchase a current membership, otherwise the submission will not be considered for entry into the exhibit.
- Artists are responsible for all shipping costs and insurance, and must provide a return label with their shipped work.
- Artist presence is requested at the Artist Reception on Saturday August 10, 2019 from 5-7pm.
- Best Of Show: $100 (awarded by juror Keoki Flagg)
- NTArts Choice: $75 (awarded by North Tahoe Arts Board President, Elysia Cecchetti)
- People’s Choice: $50 (awarded by a majority vote by North Tahoe Arts visitors)
- The Best of Show and NTArts Choice winners will be announced at the Artists Reception on Saturday, August 10, 2019. The People’s Choice ballots will be counted and the Award will be announced Tuesday September 3, 2019. Checks for award winners will be issued no later than October 15, 2019.
All submitted work must be for sale. All sales will be facilitated through North Tahoe Arts, and 40% of all sales will be retained by North Tahoe Arts. Checks for sold work, less the 40% commission, will be issued no later than October 15, 2019.
Keoki Flagg is a world-renowned fine art and extreme sports photographer. His unique limited edition photographs cover a wide range of subjects and span all 7 continents, including Antarctica, and are admired by fine art collectors and connoisseurs internationally.
Flagg has produced commercial work for a vast international clientele including VISA, General Electric, DuPont, California Tourist Board, New Zealand Tourist Board, Discovery Channel, Maui Jim, Volkl, Rossignol, and Squaw Valley Resort. His images have been published in, and graced the covers of National Geographic Adventure, Men’s Journal, Vogue, Men’s Fitness, Audubon, Archeology, Outside, Geo, Sunset, Backpacker, Sports Illustrated for Women, Powder, Ski & Skiing Magazine, The Mountain Zone and Warren Miller Entertainment.
Flagg is the recipient of numerous awards including winner of the 2001 Banff International Photo Contest, the KT Award and the Captain John Noel Award. He is a member of the Explorer’s Club, an international exploration society based in New York City.
More information on Keoki can be found at www.gallerykeoki.com.
- Submission Deadline: June 24, 2019
- Artist Status Notification: July 23, 2019
- Shipped Artwork Arrival Deadline: August 2, 2019
- Hand-delivered Artwork Drop off Deadline: August 5, 2019
- Exhibit Dates: August 7 – September 8, 2019
- Artist Reception: Saturday August 10, 2019 5-7pm