MVIS 7th Annual Juried Art Show
A National Event
MISSOURI VALLEY IMPRESSIONIST SOCIETY in partnership with 1516 Gallery
(Juried Acceptance into this show counts toward Signature status within the MVIS - learn more about Signature status on our website)
MISSOURI VALLEY IMPRESSIONIST SOCIETY
To unify Impressionism throughout the Missouri River Valley region by connecting artists who are consistent in their pursuit of the rural, urban, and historic beauty of our unique geography, while embracing the various approaches unique to each artist in this representation of beauty and truth.
JUROR - Stephen Cornelius Roberts.
Stephen Cornelius Roberts received a BFA in painting from the University of Nebraska at Omaha in 1976. He won a national competition to paint eight 6'8" high x 12' long murals for the Nebraska State Capitol's Memorial Chamber in 1991. The paintings were completed in 1997. Roberts has shown throughout the country, in such shows as The Perception of Appearance, a Decade of Contemporary Figure Drawing at the Frye Art Museum in Seattle, Washington; The Body Revealed, Two Hundred Years of the American Nude at the New Britain Museum of American Art, New Britain, Connecticut; Face to Face, RSVP and The Figure in Five Media, the Museum of Nebraska Art in Kearney, Nebraska and Disrobed, at the Allan Stone Gallery in New York, New York. Roberts was with the Allan Stone Gallery for over 25 years.
Artists who are currently 2018 MVIS members are allowed to submit pieces for this show. To become a member and become eligible, please visit and complete our Membership requirements located on the Join page. Membership is open nationwide.
CASH AWARDS: (Sponsored by the Missouri Valley Impressionist Society) will be presented to:
Best of Show ($1000)
Second Place ($500)
Third Place ($250)
Three Honorable Merits ($100 each).
MVIS Founders are ineligible to receive any awards.
SPECIFICATIONS AND PRESENTATION
All work must be matted and framed, and wired for hanging: clip frames will not be accepted. Plexiglass is required on all shipped work. Eligible work includes paintings and pastels. No sculpture, photography, video, film, installations, computer generated art or giclées are accepted. Original Art Only. 2-D work may not exceed 10 feet in height and 10 feet in width including the frame. Works on paper must be framed in glass or plexiglass. Any piece juried into any of the 2012 -2017 MVIS Shows are ineligible in this and future MVIS shows.
HOW TO ENTER
Three (3) digital images in jpg format may be submitted at a submission fee of $30. Only paid 2018 MVIS members are eligible. Incomplete entries will not be accepted. Digital images shall be named with last name, first initial, and then title as in this example: DoeJ_PrairieMeadow.jpg.
Please pay your MVIS fee here:
Once membership dues are paid and show fee is paid, please upload no more than three (3) images to this server. Please Note: We are not taking mailed CD applications and images any longer. Please use the naming convention above. In your uploaded submission you will include the following information for each piece: Your Name, Title, size, media, price. You will include your address and phone number as well in your submission.
A 20% commission will be retained on any sold work by the MVIS (Not Gallery 1516): All work must be for sale—no NFS or POR. All sold artwork must remain in exhibition until the conclusion of the show. The 20% commission must come from the buyer and be made out to:
Missouri Valley Impressionist Society
1324-B Southwest Blvd
Kansas City, KS 66103
ARTWORK DELIVERY AND PICKUP
- The artist will be responsible for ALL shipping expenses, to/from The Gallery 1516 (1516 Leavenworth Street, Omaha, NE 68102, 1-402-305-1510)
- The artist will also be responsible for any shipping insurance related to their paintings while in transit to/from Gallery 1516.
- Gallery 1516 IS NOT responsible for any work that is stolen, lost, or damaged once picked up by the shipper for return.
- All works of art shipped to Gallery 1516 MUST BE shipped securely and safely with packing materials that are easy to unpack and may be re-used to easily re-pack and return any works that have not sold at the exhibition’s conclusion to the artist at their expense.
- ABSOLUTELY NO PACKING PEANUTS PLEASE.
- All shipments MUST BE sent “SIGNATURE REQUIRED” in order to be safely received by Gallery 1516.
- Gallery 1516 IS NOT responsible for any lost packages left with no signature required.
- ALL SHIPMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY SATURDAY, April 28, 2018 (04/29/18).
-ALL HAND DELIVERED WORK MUST BE DELIVERED BY SUNDAY, April 29, 2018 (04/30/18)
- Please use packing materials appropriate for safe shipping to/from Gallery 1516.
- Shipments that appear to have major damage upon receipt will not be opened and the artist will be contacted immediately to assist in assessing the damage and determining how to proceed.
- The artist will also be contacted immediately if any major damage is discovered once a painting is unpacked.
- Minor scuffs and scratches to frames as well as typical wear and tear will not be considered “damage” and will be deemed acceptable at the discretion of Gallery 1516.
- If shipping, please email the tracking info beforehand to email@example.com.
- Artists are welcome to deliver/pickup their works in person but an appointment must be made beforehand. Please call (402) 305-1510 to make your appointment.
- Artists may also arrange for other individuals to deliver/pickup their works but they must contact 1516 Gallery beforehand.
- All unsold work will be returned via shipment or local pickup, just as it was received.
- Paintings being returned via shipment will be packed and returned in the same packing materials they arrived in.
- The artist is responsible for arranging the return shipment of their painting(s).
- Pre-paid return labels may be enclosed in the original shipment or emailed to Gallery 1516 (firstname.lastname@example.org) once the show has ended.
- Return shipment arrangements must be made no later than Tuesday, July 3rd, 2018 (07/03/18).
- Any work being picked up locally must be picked up, by appointment only, no later than Tuesday, July 3rd, 2018 (07/03/18). Artists may call (402) 305-1510 to make their appointments.
The Missouri Valley Impressionist Society and Gallery 1516 are not responsible for loss or damage to artwork while in transit to the show and while on display. The artist agrees to allow the Missouri Valley Impressionist Society, at its discretion, to utilize photographs or exhibited work for publicity purposes, not for reproduction.
Now - Entry acceptance begins
April 1 - ENTRY DEADLINE
April 8 - Notification to Artists
April 15 - 29 - Gallery 1516 will begin receiving artwork
April 29 - Deadline for GAllery 1516 to receive artwork (Hand-delivery by appointment only. See above for shipping/delivery info)
April 30-May 5 - Installation of work
May 10 - MVIS Members Only Preview Reception (time TBA)
May 11 - MVIS Public Reception (time TBA)
June 30 - SHOW CLOSES
July 1- 3 - Make arrangements for return shipping by this date.
Local pick-up of unsold artwork (By appointment only. See above for pickup info)
July 4 - onward - ALL artwork not picked up or shipped back by this date will be charged a $5/per day storage fee payable to Gallery 1516