The 3rd Annual ‘Collaborations and Mixed Media’ exhibition is seeking to highlight collaborative works in a range of mediums. This is an open media exhibition that will include mixed media artworks and works that are a range of mediums (i.e. Photography, Painting, Sculpture, etc.) as well as collaborative artworks. Emerging and established artists are encouraged to apply. The Gallery at Center for Creative Education rotates monthly and bi-monthly exhibitions in a professional, light-filled exhibition space in a newly renovated facility in the heart of Northwood Village Arts District located just a few blocks from downtown West Palm Beach, FL. Please visit https://cceflorida.org/the-gallery/ for the current list of exhibitions and for more information.
Sunday, February 26, 2017, 11:59 PM.
The 2017 3rd Annual Collaborations and Mixed Media exhibition will be held March 18 – April 22, 2017 and is open to all media created within the past two (2) years. This National exhibition is open to all, emerging or established artists, 18 years of age or older.
Best in show: $400. Second place: $200. Third place: $100.
ENTRY FEE and DEADLINE
The non-refundable entry fee is $40 for up to 3 works per entry. Artists may submit multiple entries. Entry fee is payable online by credit card. If you prefer to pay by check, please make check payable to Center for Creative Education, 425 24th St., West Palm Beach, FL 33407, (561) 805-9927. Be sure to include your application identification number so that we may credit your account appropriately. Entry fees are non-refundable.
Payments must be received on or before 11:59 PM, Sunday, February 26, 2017.
All accepted works must have been completed within the past TWO (2) years and must be installation-ready with ALL hanging hardware attached, as applicable (preferably wired for hanging). Works cannot be larger than 80 inches (framed) in any one direction. Wall mounted works are limited to 20 lbs. (maximum) and must hang with nail and hook only, wall anchors and screws are not permitted. All works to be considered must NOT include nudity or any suggestive, extremely violent or questionable imagery that would not fit into CCE’s regular day to day classes that welcome children of all ages and their parents. Work may be rejected if deemed as such. Entry fees are non-refundable.
DELIVERY and RETURN OF ACCEPTED WORKS
All accepted artwork must remain in the exhibition for its duration. Accepted works must be delivered to The Gallery between the hours of 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM March 7-11, 2017. Works must be picked up April 28-29, 2017 between the same hours listed.
Shipped works should be timed to arrive during this schedule as well. Artists are responsible for paying all shipping and insurance charges to and from The Gallery; include pre-paid return shipping label and reusable packaging with artwork. The Gallery is not responsible for artworks in transit. Containers should be sturdy and reusable with appropriate return shipping instructions. Works will be returned in the same shipping materials. Shipped entries will be returned as soon as possible after the exhibition’s conclusion. Please ship all works to The Gallery at CCCE, West Palm Beach, FL 33407, (561)805-9927.
INSURANCE, PUBLICITY, SALES
The Gallery reserves the right to photograph and/or reproduce digital images of accepted works for any related or educational purpose.
1. Agency; Purposes. The Artist appoints CCE as agent for the works of art ("the Artworks") consigned under this Agreement, for the purposes of exhibition and sale. CCE shall not permit the physical Artworks to be used for any other purposes without the written consent of the Artist. CCE is granted the ability to utilize artwork images for marketing purposes. This agreement applies only to works consigned under this Agreement and does not make CCE a general agent for any other works.
2. Charitable Contribution: CCE and the exhibiting Business/Artist agree that Artist Donates 40% percent of the Retail Price of the Artwork from art sales to CCE. Artist to retain 60% of sale to be paid at end of contract/exhibition.
3. Consignment. The Artist hereby consigns to CCE, and CCE accepts on consignment, those Artworks listed on the attached Inventory Sheet which is a part of this Agreement. Additional Inventory Sheets may be incorporated into this Agreement at such time as both parties agree to the consignment of other works of art.
4. CCE Liability and Security: CCE is not responsible for theft or damage. CCE will care for all artworks herein by all reasonable efforts. CCE is not responsible for loss from forces of nature (ex., Hurricane, Flooding). Artist is responsible for his/her own property insurance.
5. Warranty. The Artist hereby warrants that he/she created and possesses unencumbered title to the Artworks, and that their descriptions are true and accurate.
6. Duration of Consignment. The Artist and CCE agree that the initial term of consignment for the Artworks is to be exhibition specific, and that the Artist will not request their return before the end of this term. Also see #7 for removal specifics.
ATTENTION – IMPORTANT WEATHER DISASTER NOTIFICATION: In the event of an impending natural disaster such as named Tropical Storms and/or Hurricanes by which it has been advised evacuations have been determined each artist is responsible for collecting their own pieces and moving them to safe storage no less than two days prior to the oncoming storm/hurricane in order to allow CCE staff to take their own security measures to protect property and equipment held at the Gallery.
7. Fiduciary Responsibilities. Title to each of the Artworks remains with the Artist until the Artist has been paid the full amount owing him or her for the Artworks; title then passes directly to the purchaser. All proceeds from the sale of the Artworks shall be paid to the Artist at the end of the contract consignment. Commercial General Liability coverage. CCE carries Arch Insurance. This insurance (as with all similarly located galleries and insurance companies nationwide save those that insure established museum art pieces) does not apply to individual pieces of art at CCE. Artists who exhibit their pieces at CCE are responsible for insuring their work.
8. Removal from Gallery. Artwork is required to remain on exhibit for duration of contract. CCE shall not lend out or remove artwork from the premises, without first obtaining written permission from the Artist. Artist may not remove work from the gallery during consignment dates without obtaining written permission from CCE.
9. Promotion. CCE shall use its best efforts to promote the sale of the Artworks and undertake promotional activities on the Artist's behalf. For Professional Artists CCE may produce a promotional event. The Door Fee/Entry for event(s) is a $10.00 donation (per person) to support the Center for Creative Education. This fee helps to support the Center for Creative Education which is a not for profit organization that utilizes events such as this to help foster and further our mission in empowering our students to grow academically, creatively and socially through arts-based education. This contribution also supports the staffing, curating efforts, marketing, and event planning.
10. Procedures for Modification. Amendments to this Agreement must be signed by both Artist and CCE. Artist and CCE must initial any changes made on this form and any additional provisions written into it.
11. Unclaimed artwork for a period of 1 year from the end of the artists closing contract date will become property of CCE.
February 26 Entry deadline
March 4 Notification of juror decision
March 7-11 Artwork delivery
March 18 Exhibition opens
March 18 Exhibition reception and awards presentation
April 22 Exhibition closes
April 28-29 Artwork Pick-Up