68th Annual Beulah Valley Arts and Crafts Festival
August 2nd - 4th 2024
Nestled in the foothills of the Wet Mountains in Southern Colorado, the Beulah valley is a beautiful place to get away from the summer heat and big city crowds. It is a popular tourist destination only 20 miles from Pueblo, with hiking, lodging and tourist destinations in the area.
The Beulah Valley Arts and Crafts Festival, in its 68th year, is the backbone of a fun-filled weekend. The event is eagerly anticipated throughout the region, and visitors come from surrounding communities, as well as the cities of Pueblo and Colorado Springs. Attendance is estimated at 2,500-3,000 over the course of the weekend. In addition to dozens of vendor booths, the weekend features three days of live music, beginning Friday evening, as well as a classic car show and a Fine Art Exhibition that runs concurrently. There will be food vendors and a beer garden on site, as well as children’s activities, to make this a fun and successful weekend for participants and visitors alike.
Visitors look forward to purchasing original art from the artist who created it. Works will range from pottery to paintings; prints and photography; fabric and fiber art; wood and metal craft; sculpture and mixed media; glass art and bead work; soaps, jams and jellies; woven, sewn, knitted, natural textiles, and creative objects from new, recycled, or repurposed materials.
The Beulah Valley Arts and Crafts Festival is a juried show.
We are looking for the following:
- Fine arts and crafts of all types that are handmade by the vendor.
- Books that are sold by the author.
- Cottage foods and home goods that are produced by the vendor.
- Cast or molded work made using molds designed and made by the vendor.
- No factory made or mass-produced items or items purchased for resale will be permitted.
- Please carefully review the guidelines under Terms and Conditions.
- Jurying will be on the basis of four images of your work and one image of your booth display.
- Jurors will select work based on quality, striving for a variety of work in every category, with a range of price points
Application fee: $10 (non-refundable)
Booth fee: $95
Artist Statement: Please describe your products, processes, and sources of inspiration. We will use this information in social media posts to promote you and your work.
Media Categories: Please choose a category that best describes your work. The categories are: Baskets, Books (sold by the author), Clay, Food (Cottage foods), Fiber arts, Glass, Home goods (Soap, lotion, candles, etc.), Jewelry, Leather, Metal (other than jewelry), Painting, Floral (Plants/flowers), Sculpture, Wood, Other Media (Miscellaneous fine handcrafts and art from repurposed or recycled materials).
Exhibit space: Spaces are for 10’ x 10’ tents. Tents must be able to withstand wind and rain. Use at least 50 pounds of weight per leg, strapped to the tent frame with rope or ratchet straps, not bungee cords.
Number of booth spaces: 73 artist booth spaces
Dates and Deadlines:
- Applications open Feb. 1, 2024
- Deadline for applications April 15, 2024
- Notification of results: May 1, 2024
- Cancellation deadline: refund of booth fee if artist cancels by June 15
- Artists on the wait list will be contacted as space opens up.
- The show will proceed rain or shine. In the unlikely event of cancellation due to extreme weather or unforeseen circumstances the BVAC will offer refunds or credit towards next year’s show.
About the festival:
- Volunteers will be available to assist with loading, unloading and booth sitting
- Food and drinks will be available from vendors on site.
- There is free vendor parking and free shuttles from the parking lot
- Artists keep all proceeds from their sales
- Every effort is made to accommodate vendors with physical limitations. If a vendor requires extra time or space for loading and unloading, you may request a booth space with more room to park and load/unload. Please make this request before booth spaces are assigned. There are a limited number of booth spaces with this capacity.
Terms & Conditions:
1. The Arts and Crafts Festival will run the first full weekend of August, 2024. The hours are 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, Aug 3rd, and from 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. on Sunday Aug 4th at the Beulah School of Natural Sciences, located at 8734 School House Lane, Beulah, CO 81023. We request that ALL vendors stay through the entire show, however if early breakdown is necessary, you will NOT be able to bring your vehicle into the show area.
2. No factory-made or mass-produced products, purchased for resale, will be allowed. Prints are acceptable as long as they are your own original artwork.
3. All hand-crafted art mediums will be accepted. We reserve the right to ask you to remove any merchandise not in compliance with these guidelines. We reserve the right to ask any vendor to leave if unruly or considered disruptive, at the BVAC’s discretion.
4. Spaces are 10’ x 10’. The BVAC provides a space only, not a tent, tables, or other display equipment. Please keep in mind that these are outdoor spaces on asphalt. Each vendor is responsible for his/her own booth stability. Please use adequate weights (50 pounds recommended) on EACH leg of your canopy. Firmly strap the weights to the tent frame. All booth spaces will be on a paved surface so you won’t be able to stake your canopy down. All vendor spaces are for tent booths only.
5. Vendor space assignments are designated by BVAC at its discretion.
6. CHECK-IN: All vendors must check in at the Registration booth prior to set-up. Vendors may park by their spaces while unloading goods for a limited time, and then their vehicles must be moved to the designated vendor parking before continuing to set up the booth. No vehicles will be allowed in the Arts & Craft Show area during the open hours of the two-day event. PLEASE, NO BREAKDOWN UNTIL END OF SHOW.
7. SET-UP: Friday, August 2nd 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. and/or beginning at 7:00 a.m. Saturday, August 3rd. Vendors who arrive on Friday are advised to drop off tents, display equipment and goods in your booth space, if desired, in order to streamline set-up on Saturday, but we advise you NOT to set up your tent until Saturday. All vendors must be set up by 9:15 a.m. on Saturday.
8. Those selling packaged or wrapped food items (jams, jellies, preserves, baked goods, etc.) must follow cottage food guidelines per the Pueblo County Health Department.
9. Only SILENT generators will be allowed. No ice will be available at either the Beulah General Store, or elsewhere at the event.
10. SUNDAY: Take-down begins at 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, August 4th. No cars permitted in area until after 4:00 p.m. Please leave your area clean. Handicapped vendors who need extra time or space for set-up and take-down may indicate this in your application.
11. Wi-FI will be available, however, please check with your mobile service provider to see if options are available for you to align your phone with the cell tower in Beulah or to make your own Wi-Fi arrangements to ensure that your transactions run smoothly. We do not have someone available to help you process your transactions.
12. Sales tax: Collecting, reporting and payment of sales tax are the sole responsibility of the vendor. Beulah is an unincorporated town, so we have no city sales tax. Pueblo County tax is 1% and the Colorado state tax is 2.9% for a combined rate of 3.9%
13. Refunds: There are no refunds after June 15.
14. Overnight accommodations: There are a few bed and breakfasts located in the Beulah Valley (lists are available on our website). However, there are many motels and/or hotels located on the south and north ends of Pueblo that are just 30 minutes away from the show site.
15. The Pueblo County Sheriff’s Department will provide deputies during the two-day event and the arts council will provide overnight security. Vendors may not stay overnight at the show site. The Beulah Valley Arts Council will not be responsible for the loss or damage to vendor items, vendor equipment, personal property or personal injury. The vendor’s signature on the Registration Form releases the BVAC from all liability, injury and or damages.
16. The Fine Art Show will be indoors where artwork can be locked at night. (Applications and guidelines for the Art Show are available at beulahvalleyartscouncil.org/.)
17. By signing the registration form, you agree to abide by all the rules and guidelines outlined by the vendor policies. You furthermore release the Beulah Valley Arts Council from any and all liability in the event of injury and/or damage or loss of property or goods while participating in the Beulah Valley Arts and Crafts Show.
More information: beulahvalleyartscouncil.org
*Photo credit. Top- Greta Hanson. Middle-Chloe Campbell.