National Oil and Acrylic Painters’ Society
2023 SPRING INTERNATIONAL ONLINE EXHIBITION
Application Dates: January 16, 2023 to April 9, 2023 at midnight Pacific Time
A R T E X H I B I T I O N P R O S P E C T U S
A B O U T T H E E V E N T
The National Oil & Acrylic Painters’ Society (NOAPS) invites oil and acrylic painters from all across North America and International Artists to apply to our exhibit honoring the Best in oil and acrylic painting. NOAPS has been showcasing the talents of oil and acrylic painters since 1991.
· This is an INTERNATIONAL juried online competition open to ALL artists 18 years of age and older working in Oil and ACRYLIC medium. Both members and non-members of NOAPS may apply.
· 200 Artworks accepted into the show and eligible for awards
The Online International Awards:
Best of Show: $1000Second Place: $500 Third Place: $300 Best Landscape: $200.00 Best Still Life: $200.00 Best People: $200.00 Best Use of Light & Color: $200.00 Most Innovative: $200.00 Narrative Excellence: $200.00 Ten Awards of Excellence: $100 Ten Merit Awards: I year membership to NOAPS - $52.00 value
The TOP 200 artists will be given recognition on www.NOAPS.org with Artist name, artist website address and image selected for this exhibit.
Acceptance into or awards received in the On-Line International Exhibits do not apply for NOAPS Signature or Master Status.
Certificates will only be sent to artists who have won awards. Award Certificates that have been won by artists from outside of North America will be sent exclusively by email.
Notification Date: May 22nd 2023 – Please check your JAS account as correct email address is necessary in order to receive notices of acceptance into the show and Award payments - which are paid through PayPal. Correct physical address is necessary for artists living in North America to receive Award Certificates. Please check the addresses you use on the JAS site.
A R T I S T E L I G I B I L I T Y
All NOAPS Members and Non-Members. This is an International Show and all countries welcome.
E N T R Y P R O C E S S
All entries will be submitted via Juried Art Services (JAS) www.juriedartservices.com. JAS provides a comprehensive ‘Help Menu’. NOAPS is also available to help with procedural problems.
- Email: contact@NOAPS.org for assistance or use the help menu on Juried Art Services
- Digital files should be saved in universal .jpeg format for JAS entry and should be between 1400 pixels and 4000 pixels longest dimension at 300PPI (pixels per inch). Jurors will not consider entries that are not displayed correctly. No frame, mat, or background visible. Be sure the image is right side up.
- Please note: After submitting an image(s) and making payment you can still log back into your application at any time before the application deadline and change the painting that has been submitted for a different painting. If you choose to add more paintings to your application you can do so (again, log back into your original application) for $10 per image and contact NOAPS to pay for the extra painting(s) submitted. PLEASE MAKE ONLY 1 APPLICATION. You can get assistance from the JAS “HELP MENU” or through contacting NOAPS to edit your entry if you have a problem logging back in to your application or editing it.
T E R M S a n d C O N D I T I O N S
- Art work must be original two dimensional with mediums limited to OIL and ACRYLIC paints
- Completed in the last three (3) years
- Not previously accepted in any other NOAPS National Exhibit or NOAPS Online Exhibition.
- No Minimum or Maximum size
- All artwork must be original and created from conception to completion by the artist in Oil and/or Acrylic only. Artists are permitted to use their own photos as reference materials in the creation of their artwork, but not photos from other sources. No mixed media, painted giclee prints, or any other type of digital or photographic reproductions in conjunction with the Oil and Acrylic medium qualify. No artwork copied from other artists work or published photos, or created in an instructional setting are eligible.
- If you wish to sell the art entered, please price your art consistent with the established value of your work in U.S Dollars. NOAPS does not receive a commission. Paintings do not have to be for sale.
- Selected paintings will be showcased on www.NOAPS.org, in the NOAPS Blog, and in NOAPS Social Media. By entering, entrants are consenting to having a reproduction of their work used for promotion of the exhibit. You are confirming the work entered is your own and copyrighted images incorporated in your work have not been used.
- Certificates will only be provided to artists who have won awards.
M E M B E R S H I P
Current 2023 NOAPS membership is NOT required. However, we welcome your membership. To join NOAPS click the link here www.noaps.org/members and click on the firstoption in the dropdown menu.
F E E S
The fee to enter is $30 for the first image and $10 for each additional image UP TO A MAXIMUM OF 5 IMAGES.
- Example: maximum of five (5) entries = $70 (US Currency)
- Entry fees are non-refundable
A W A R D S J U D G E
SARAH van der HELM
Sarah has been a NOAPS Master Signature Artist since 2006 and a member of the Oil Painters of America where she is juried into numerous shows. She was chosen as an “Artist to Watch” by the Southwest Art Magazine and has paintings hanging in public and private collections around the world, including the Chongqing Municipal Museum in China.
S E L E C T I O N P R O C E S S
Each entry is reviewed and scored by an independent jury panel. The Jurying panel will consist of a minimum of 5 NOAPS Master Artists or Signature Members. The panel selects paintings for the exhibit based on the quality and individual mastery of the medium.
IMPORTANT: Jurors in the panel make selections based on the image entered. Make sure the image depicts a true representation of the painting. Images that are not displayed right side up or without proper cropping (no frames or backgrounds) will not be juried. Jurors score the image only and do not see any information about the artist
S A L E S
All 200 selected works will be posted on www.NOAPS.org to promote sales. Requests relating to artist’s information or sales will be forwarded to the artist. NOAPS does not receive a commission on online sales. Be sure that your website is listed on your submission if you want it published on the NOAPS website along with your painting.
C A L E N D A R
Applications Dates: January 11th 2023 to April 9th 2023 at midnight Pacific Time
Notification: May 22nd 2023 - Reminder - incorrect email addresses will not allow notifications to be delivered
Publication on website: May 22, 2023
Your participation and support of the
NATIONAL OIL & ACRYLIC PAINTERS’ SOCIETY
is greatly appreciated.
NOAPS HELPS ARTISTS GET RECOGNIZED!
Q U E S T I O N S
Please email contact@NOAPS.org
The National Oil & Acrylic Painter’s Society