American Artists Professional League
2023 Associate Members’ Online Show
All Associate members are invited to enter one to three works of art of their choice (oil, acrylic, watercolor, pastel, graphics, other media or sculpture).
All accepted works will be displayed and on sale on the AAPL website (www.aaplinc.org) from February 21th to April 21th,2023 and the images from the show will be kept live on the website indefinitely.
Entry fee: $25, includes maximum of 3 artwork entries.
Registration Period: January 3rd- February 3th, 2023
Awards Announcement: February 22nd, 2023
Show Dates: February 21 to April 21, 2023 on our website, www.aaplinc.org
First place: $200, Second place: $100, Third place: $50
Awards Judge: TBA
TERMS & CONDITIONS
• Open to all Associate Members who have paid their 2023 dues.
• Open to Associate Member artists 18 years of age or older.
• Up to three (3) works in the same medium may be submitted. However, only one work per artist will be accepted.
• Only works in Representational or Traditional Realism will be considered.
• Entries in oil, acrylic, water media, mixed media, pastel, graphics and sculpture must be original and not previously exhibited with the American Artists Professional League.
• Giclees, photographs and digital prints are not eligible.
• For prints, woodblocks, etchings and engravings will be considered and types not allowed are giclees, lithographs and screenprints.
• No minimum or maximum size restrictions.
• Sale prices for art need to be in United States currency. Work does not have to be for sale.
• Selected work will be showcased on www.aaplinc.org in the AAPL newsletter and in AAPL social media.
• Your entry confirms that the work entered is your own and that copyrighted images by others have not been incorporated into your work.
• By entering, you agree that AAPL may reproduce your work for promotional purposes.
• Certificates will be presented to award winners.
• Associate Membership in AAPL is required.
•New members are always welcome.
• Membership is available via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or through the website: www.aaplinc.org
ENTRY PROCESS AND SPECIFICATIONS
• All entries are to be submitted through www.juriedartservices.com. (JAS) The “Apply Now” link at the bottom of this prospectus will start the entry process for submission. JAS provides a comprehensive ‘Help Menu.’
• AAPL provides help with any application issues by contacting Alex Tibar at email@example.com.
• JAS requires digital files in the universal jpeg format - 1400 to 4000 pixels on the longest dimension - 300 pixels per inch.
• No frame, mat or background may be visible.
• Image must be displayed right side up.
• After submitting an image(s) and making payment you can change your submission(s) by returning to the JAS website and following directions. Or contact JAS or AAPL for help.
• No submissions will be accepted after midnight EST on February 3rd, 2023.
• Each entry is reviewed and scored by a panel of 9 members of the Board of Directors independent jury panel.
• Submissions are scored on the quality and individual mastery of each medium as well as the composition and design of the work.
• Jurors score the image and do not see any information about the artist.
• Images not displayed right side up or without proper cropping will not be juried.
• Jurors on the panel make selections based on the digital image(s). Make certain the image(s) submitted is a true representation of the work. Work misrepresented by the submitted image(s) will not be shown.
Artwork will be for sale on our site for the six-week duration of the show, unless works are specified as Not for Sale (NFS). Sales terms: If something sells, AAPL receives 30% commission of the sale price. Artists are responsible to pay for the shipping if artwork sells.
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTED WORKS
• Announced February 22, 2023.
•Names of ‘Accepted Artists’ to be listed on the AAPL website: www.aaplinc.org
ARTIST SUBMISSION AGREEMENT
Your online entry will constitute that you agree and acknowledge the terms and conditions set forth in this Prospectus.
For More Information: