The Ridgewood Art Institute is proud to present the
43rd Annual Open Juried Show
January 8th, 2023
APPLICATION FEES (Members)
One Entry...$40 Two Entries...$50
APPLICATION FEES (Non-Members)
One Entry...$45 Two Entries...$55
Entry fees are non-refundable ♦ There is a 25% donation to RAI on all sales.
Over $5000 in merchanidise and cash awards including a $1000 grand prize.
The action of the Juries of Selection and Awards is final
One Entry $40
Two Entries $50
One Entry $45
Two Entries $55
Entry fees are non-refundable
There is a 25% donation to RAI on all sales
Judges: Thomas Adkins Oil & Robert Heyer Watercolor
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE
Jan 17th by email or online at Juried Art Services
- Open to all artists 18 years and older.Traditional realism only.
- Two-dimensional work only. No sculpture, photography, digital art or crafts.
- Maximum entries (2). However only one (1) painting may be accepted.
- Maximum size not to exceed 44 inches at the longest dimension, including frame.
- Artist's original work only. No class work, no work done under supervision.
- Copyright infringement of any kind is unacceptable. Submission must be originally conceived: artist's own reference, drawing, concept, and must have been self-painted. No copies of another's drawings, photographs or stock images.
- Artwork must have been completed in the last 3 years and never exhibited at previous RAI Juried Shows. Artwork must be framed (no strip molding), properly wired and ready for hanging.
- All watercolor, pastel, pencil and ink must be framed, matted (using clean mats) and under glass or Plexiglas. Works over 20" x 30" MUST be under Plexiglas.
- Entries accepted into the exhibition must remain in the exhibition until the end of the show.
RAI reserves the right to reject any work that falls outside eligibility guidelines or does not match image submitted for jurying. RAI and its members will not be held responsible for loss or damages. Entry into this show constitutes agreement with these terms & conditions.
Application Deadline-January 8, 2023
Notification of Acceptance-January 17
Awards posted on RAI website-February 8, www.ridgewoodartinstitute.org
Awards Reception-March 5, 2:00-4:00 pm
Exhibition Dates-February 12-March 5, check website for hours
Delivery of Accepted Work
Delivery for Local Artists: Deliver uncrated artwork to the Ridgewood Art Institute, 12 East Glen Ave., Ridgewood, NJ on February 4, 8:30am-12:00pm. Hand delivered work may be removed after the Awards Reception March 5, or on March 6.
Out of Town Artists: Ship artwork to the Ridgewood Art Institute, 12 East Glen Ave., Ridgewood, NJ to arrive January 30-February 3.
Handling fee: Out of town Artists must pay a $25 fee prior to their painting being hung. A pre-paid return shipping label must be included with artwork. RAI will waive the uncrating fee for artists who use a commercially manufactured artist's/strong box such as a StrongBox by Airfloat Systems, or Masterpak, Uline or a FedEx Premium Art Box (not a FedEx Large Frame Box). Note: Home Depot boxes are NOT included in the list of boxes for which the fee will be waived. NO PEANUTS or similar loose packing material. Artists who do not use one of these special boxes are required to remit the $25 prior to hanging of the painting. Strong Boxes will be returned to the artists at the conclusion of the show at the artist's expense. Please Note--RAI is not responsible for shipping sold work.
Thomas Adkins has the rare ability to capture the subtle nuances that make up the ever-changing beauty of light on the New England landscape in a realistic, contemporary way.
Currently he sits on the board of The Hudson Valley Art Association, is an elected member of The Connecticut Plein Air Painters and The Lyme Art Association and has won numerous awards, including First Place Lyme Art Association's New England Landscape Invitational.
Robert Heyer has developed a national reputation as a painter, teacher and literary contributor to art magazines and has received numerous awards and honors for his artwork. His paintings have appeared in many exhibitions and art shows and are held in both private and corporate collections.
Bob is a signature member of the New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Garden State Watercolor Societies.