May 21 - 22, 2022
Artist Made Art and Craft Show
Please Note: This is a "late application". Invitations are determined on space and jury score at the time of the submitted application. If you apply between February 3, 2022 - March 1, 2022, Amdur Productions will notify you of your status shortly after March 1, 2022. After the notification date of March 1, 2022, Amdur Productions will notify you via email within 10 days of application date received.
This new north side Chicago festival launches on Lincoln Avenue, home to a variety of indie businesses and vibrant shops. Near Lakeview, Roscoe Village, the Southport Corridor, Lincoln Park and Lincoln Avenue, visitors flock to outdoor festivals here. A diverse community including young professionals, city dwellers and families. All media of art and original craft are invited with room for home goods and upcycled items too. Held on closed City Streets, easy in and out. Sponsored by the Lakeview SSA 27.
- Population: Lakeview 71,785
- Median Income: $115,878
- 52.7% have an income exceeding $100,000
- 23% have income exceeding $200,000
- 51% of homes in Lakeview are worth $300,000+
- 14% of homes in Lakeview are worth $1 million+
- 48% of adult residents have a bachelor’s or graduate degree.
- 28% of residents have a master’s degree
- 41% of residents live in a home, married with children
About Amdur Productions
For over 38 years, Amdur Productions, a nationally acclaimed arts festival production company, has organized and directed many of the Midwest’s most prestigious juried art festivals. Many of Amdur’s festivals have been rated in Sunshine Artist Magazine’s top 100 with several appearing in the top 50. Recent top rated shows include: Port Clinton Art Festival, Art at the Glen Town Center, Gold Coast Art Fair, Millennium Art Festival, and Barrington Art Festival.
Festival Key Facts
- Urban show
- Easy drive up and set up
- Rental of weights and tents available (fee)
Artist Sales: Artists keep all their sales income from the show.
Exhibitor Spaces: About 60 spaces
Staff Support: Amdur Productions staff is present on site throughout the entire festival to assist artists from load in to load out.
Load-in: Artists will be able to drive up to or very close to their booth space and unload their vehicle.
Booth Sitting: Amdur Productions staff is available to booth sit for artists throughout the entire festival.
Tent Rental: Tents, weights, tables, and chairs are available for rent.
Hotel Rooms: Amdur Productions works to provide discounts at local hotels for each festival.
Marketing: A large multi-layered marketing plan supports this show with ads running in newspapers, advertisements, on radio, posters, street banners, social media, and through direct mail postcards. A professional public relations team ensures high visibility for this festival. Over $500,000 is spent on marketing for the festival season.
Security: Overnight security is provided.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- March 1, 2022: Applications due
- March 4, 2022: Notifications of festival status online
- March 16, 2022: Registration forms and show fees due (either $100 deposit, half fees, or full fees)
- March 17, 2022 and Thereafter: Late payments apply, $20 per festival
- April 16, 2022: Last day for refunds (less $50)
- May 21-22, 2022: Spring Lincoln Roscoe Art & Craft Fair
Jury and Exhibit Space Fees
Jury Fee (non-refundable): $25
12’ Wide by 10’ Deep Exhibit Space Fee: $350 + $25 City of Chicago permit fee
1. All artwork submitted to jury, displayed and presented for sale at festivals must be created, designed and made by or made under the direct supervision of the accepted artist(s). All artwork shown must be for sale.
2. An artist/crafter may apply in more than one category, but not twice in the same category.
3. No factory produced items allowed.
4. Photography/Digital art: Original work made by the hands of the photographer is allowed.
5. Artists must create their work from start to finish.
6. The Artist/crafter certifies that jury images submitted represent their current original work and represent the category and body of art that will be displayed at the festival.
7. Art collaborators (up to two artists in total) producing a single item qualify as an exhibitor. A collaborator is not an employee or helper. If artists enter as a collaboration, it must be clearly noted on the application and art shown must be signed by both.
8. No work made solely by apprentices or employees is allowed. All artwork must be made in the country the artist resides in.
9. “Buy/sell” items are strictly prohibited from all or part of an artist’s booth. Buy/Sell is any art or object that is purchased from a manufacturer or maker other than the artist and sold at a festival as “original” work. The restriction of buy/sell work is in ALL categories of art at ALL shows.
10. Multiples: Limited editions of work in which the artist hand manipulates plates, stones, or screens numbered and signed in editions up to 500 are allowed and are an artist’s original body of work. Reproductions by mechanical techniques including “giclee” and “iris” prints must be signed and numbered (up to 500).
1. Acceptance is non-transferable. Booths cannot be split without the expressed consent from the Festival Committee.
2. This event is drug-free. No smoking or vaping is allowed in or near artists’ booths.
3. Accepted artists must be present during all festival hours. No agents, representatives, family members or friends are permitted as a substitute for the accepted artists’ attendance, unless express exception is granted in special circumstances.
4. Any artist closing the booth prior to the end of the show without permission will not be permitted to return the next day or in future years.
5. Only artwork in the category accepted through the jury process is allowed. It is the exclusive right of the Festival Committee to direct removal of work at the show that is not in compliance with festival rules. Non-complying artists will be asked to leave the show immediately and no refund will be given.
6. Discount/sales signs, and ribbons from other shows are not allowed.
7. Each exhibitor is responsible for collecting and remitting local sales tax to the State’s Department of Revenue as required by law.
8. White tents only.
9. Double and corner spaces may be requested but not guaranteed and are awarded at the sole discretion of the Festival Committee. Double spaces must be occupied by two 10’ x 10’ tents or one 10’ x 20’ tent.
Applications will be processed online through Juried Art Services (JAS) at www.juriedartservices.com. If you have any questions with the process of applying to our festivals, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
When applying in two categories, work in each must be substantially different. Four images of the work and one image of the display must be submitted for each category. A separate jury fee is required for each category.
Online jury payments are processed directly by Amdur Productions through a secure payment system. Email confirmation of your payment will be sent. Please follow online payment instructions if paying your jury fee with a credit card. Your jury fee payment will be posted to JAS within three days after you submit your application. All questions or concerns regarding the payment of your fees should be directed to the office at 847-926-4300 or email email@example.com.
If paying with a check or money order (US currency only) please send via US mail no later than 7 days after the submission of your online application. Applications will not be processed or forwarded on to our jury unless your jury fee is paid in full. The non-refundable jury fee check will be deposited on receipt.
All checks are to be made payable in US dollars to “Amdur Productions” and sent to:
PO Box 550
Highland Park, IL 60035
Please note the festival name on your check.
Spaces are 12’ wide X 10’ deep and work must be contained within the assigned space. You may not infringe on another space physically or audibly. Exhibitors must have a white tent. All tables must be skirted to the ground. Only one artist’s work or the work of two approved collaborating artists may be displayed per booth. Artists must keep their area clean and orderly. Double and corner spaces may be requested but are not guaranteed and are awarded at the sole discretion of the Festival Committee. Double spaces must be occupied by two 10’ x 10’ tents or one 10’ x 20’ tent.
An artist requesting a corner must either have the corner wall open or use the outside wall to display art.
Special booth space and special needs requests will be accepted (including corner space and double space requests) but are not guaranteed. We will make every effort to meet all special requests on a first come, first served basis. Additional charges may apply. If invited into a show, please include all booth requests on that show’s registration form.
During the festival, all exhibits will be visited by a festival representative to ensure that they are in compliance with our festival policies. It is the exclusive right and responsibility of the Festival Staff to call for the removal of work that is not in compliance with the festival policies and requirements. Non-compliance may result in expulsion from the festival or refusal of future festival participation.
Requirements for Exhibiting Artists
All canopies are required to be white and able to withstand winds and rain and be properly weighted. Properly weighting requires AT LEAST 60 pounds per leg (more in windy weather). Tents must be connected to weights with rope or straps, not bungee cords. Weights may not include cinder blocks or water jugs as they do not meet the 60 pound requirement.
Jury and Selection Process
The artistic work submitted by each artist is juried based on the criteria listed below:
Body of Work: How well the images represent a point of view
Artistic Theme: design, vision, creativity
Technical Competence: technique, skill, degree of difficulty, mastery of materials used
Notification and Booth Fee Payment
Once the jury process is complete, all artists will receive an email from Juried Art Services directing the artist to log into their JAS account to check the status of their application. Please keep your email up to date with JAS to receive this information in a timely manner.
All artists who have applied will be notified March 4, 2022 via email. Your application status will be indicated by a color:
- Green checkmark indicates invited artists
- Yellow exclamation point indicates waitlisted artists
- Red “x” indicates declined
Invited artists will be required to submit their online registration and booth fee payment by March 16, 2022 for participation. If the booth fee is not received by the deadline date, the artist will automatically be put on the waitlist. Late fees apply on booth space fees paid after March 16, 2022. The late fee on booth space fees is $20 per show fee.
Credit card payments are processed directly by Amdur Productions. All questions or concerns regarding the payment of your fees should be directed to Annette in our accounting office at 847-926-4300.
If paying with a check or money order (US Currency only) please send via US mail on or before the registration due date (03/16/2022). If we do not receive the check on or before the registration due date, you will be put on the waitlist. Include the artist's name and name of the festival on your check.
PO Box 550
Highland Park, IL 60035
If you have any questions regarding status notification or our payment process please contact us.
All artists must apply to a category
2D – Original two-dimensional work including graphite, charcoal, chalk, pastels, wax crayon, inks, and washes. All work must be framed and/or presented in a finished format. 2D Artists must show work vertically in your booth. Matted work must be shown in bins only and not on display walls.
3D Functional – Dimensional work that has a function – such as wearable fiber or wood furniture.
3D Non Functional – Art that serves an aesthetic not functional purpose. Generally “sculptures.”
Painting – Original, two-dimensional work created with pigment, including oils, acrylics, watercolor, egg tempura, etc.
Photography – Signed prints created by the artist from his/her own original negative or digital files that have been “taken” and processed by that artist or under the artist’s direct supervision.
Jewelry – No buy/sell or buy/sell fill-in allowed.
All artists must select a sub-category
Ceramics – Original shaped and fired clay (including earthenware, porcelain, stoneware and terracotta)
Fiber – Original work created by the artist from fibers/fabric or leather including batik, basketry, weaving, and quilt-making. No factory produced items are permitted.
Furniture – Original work in any material which is functional as a piece of functional furniture or home accessory.
Glass – Original work created in glass by the artist including blown glass, fused glass or stained glass.
Printmaking - Prints manually created by the artist using plates, stones or screens which have been signed and numbered.
Metal – Original work created by the artist without use of a production studio.
Mixed Media – Includes collage and handmade paper; incorporates more than one type of material. Generally flat, wall hung art.
Wood – Original hand-tooled, machine worked, built-up, turned or carved work in wood.
Acrylic Paint – Applied to a surface in any way
Acrylic Resin – Applied to a surface in any way
Batik – Technique used on fabric
Collage – Variety of materials applied to a surface
Drawing – Charcoal, graphite, and color pencils applied to a surface
Egg Tempera – Applied to a surface in any way
Gold and/or Silver – Precious metal or precious metal clay used in jewelry
Leather – Primary material used
Oil Paint – Applied to a surface in any way
Paper – Handmade
Pastel – Dry pigments applied to a surface
Photo – Black & white, color, black and white & color, hand color, digital. Select the area the majority of your work is in
Stone – Carved
Watercolor – Applied in any way
Other - If your category is not represented, you may add your own
An Artist Statement describing the technique, materials, and processes used in the creation of your entire body of work must be included with each Juried Art Services entry. Co-artists must describe the collaboration. Your Artist Statement may be used in the promotion of the festival through public relations efforts.
Wait List Policy
A wait list is selected from the jury's scores in each category, and wait listed artists are invited into the show as cancellations occur in that particular category. Wait list artists can resubmit art images and/or a booth image for reconsideration on their overall jury score. Wait list artists can be accepted up to and on the day of the show and will be notified by phone and/or email when a booth becomes available.
Cancellations must be made in written form and submitted by mail, fax, or email. Emails should be sent to the Director of Artist Relations, Caitlin, at Caitlin@AmdurProductions.com.
If an artist cancels a show on or before April 16, 2022, they will be given a refund for the amount they have paid towards the booth, less $50 processing fee. Application fees, credit card processing fees, and permit fees are non-refundable. NO REFUNDS AFTER APRIL 16, 2022.
Artists that cancel after April 16, 2022 can have the amount that they have paid toward their booth fee transferred to another 2022 Amdur Productions’ festival balance. The fee to transfer is $125. Permit fees, credit card processing fees, and application fees are non-transferable between festivals. Credit transfer will not be accepted if an artist cancels within a week from the festival start date. Credits from a cancelled show can only be transferred once.
Artists who have not checked in and/or notified Amdur Productions with a message via festival phone (TBD), office phone (847-926-4300), or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 7:30 am on the first day of festival, will be considered a NO SHOW and the assigned space will be forfeited with no refund.
By applying to this festival, I hereby certify that these images represent my original work, and that the work is unique and made by me. I also agree to follow all festival rules as outlined in the prospectus. In partnership situations, we declare that our combined efforts made every individual piece of work we would exhibit, if accepted. I/We also agree to allow images of my/our work to be used in publicity and or materials.