EVENT CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19
N O R T H L A K E T A H O E
Plein Air Festival
J U N E 2 3 - 2 7, 2 0 2 0
North Tahoe Arts is excited to once again host the North Lake Tahoe Plein Air Festival in 2020! Accepted artists can look forward to five days of creating “en plein air” in the stunning Lake Tahoe Basin from June 23rd-27th, 2020. Event activities include plein air painting demonstrations, hosted paint outs with refreshments and an event-long Plein Air gallery exhibit with the option to continue showcasing and selling your work until July 21st. Cash prizes will be awarded to the top selected works in the Main Competition and the Quick Draw Competition.
E N T R Y A N D
S E L E C T I O N
P R O C E S S :
All entries must be submitted electronically with a non-refundable fee of $35. Please submit three to five high-resolution (300 dpi) JPEG images of original works that have been created within the last two years. All submitted works must be original and have been completed “en plein air”. Submitted work must be reflective of medium and style that the artist will portray during the event.
No digitally manipulated images are allowed. Artists must be age 18 or older to participate.
A selection committee will review submissions and select up to 30 artists to participate in the event. Deadline for submissions is April 1st, 2020. Notification of selected artists will be sent to each applicant no later than April 6th, 2020.
Upon acceptance, a participation fee of $120 is due to North Tahoe Arts no later than May 30th, 2020. Artist agreement forms will be emailed to accepted artists following the announcement.
- Artists are requested to submit artwork not sold Saturday at the closing of the event, for a Plein Air exhibit at the North Tahoe Arts gallery from
June 28th - July 21st 2020.
- Participation is optional but strongly encouraged.
- There is an additional fee of $75 to participate in the gallery exhibit.
- Commission for gallery sales is 40% to North Tahoe Arts, 60% to the artist.
- Unsold paintings and the costs associated with returning unsold works are the responsibility of the artist.
A W A R D S
1st Place - Best of Show: $1000.00
2nd Place: $700.00
3rd Place: $500.00
Quick Draw: $250.00
E V E N T R E Q U I R E M E N T S :
Artist understands and agrees that all works displayed or presented for sale to the public shall be original paintings created by the artist in the North Lake Tahoe or Truckee area during the time of June 23rd - 27th 2020. Artists are required to paint within the set boundaries throughout the duration of the event. Maps will be provided to demarcate the boundary area. A minimum of 3 paintings created during the event are required for the Public Exhibition and Sale on Saturday June 27th. Canvases will be stamped at registration on June 23th. Only canvases with the proper stamp will be allowed for sale and competition. All works for sale must be properly framed and ready to hang. Artist presence is requested during the gallery/event reception on Friday, June 26th and during the Awards Ceremony/Public Exhibition and Sale on Saturday, June 27th.
S A L E S :
The North Lake Tahoe Plein Air Festival supports North Tahoe Arts, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. 40% of all sales (gallery or public sale) will go to North Tahoe Arts. A cashier will be present during gallery hours and the Public Exhibition to facilitate all artwork sales.
A D D I T I O N A L E V E N T S F O R A R T I S T S :
For the duration of the Plein Air Festival, North Tahoe Arts will hold a plein air exhibition featuring works by participating artists. Artists are invited to bring one previously completed original work to hang for sale. Artwork must be properly framed and wired for hanging. Artwork must have been created “En plein air” within the last 12 months.
- Prior to the North Tahoe Arts Plein Air Festival, artists have an opportunity to take a plein air workshop with award-winning artists and NLTPAF jurors
Antonin Passemard & Anastasia Dukhanina
6 / 2 0 / 2 0 2 0 - 6 / 2 2 - 2 0 2 0
Join Russian artist Anastasia Dukhanina and French artist Antonin Passemard in learning how to improve and fine-tune your painting style and technique.
Join the artists directly at email@example.com if you are interested in one of these limited spots.
L O D G I N G / T R A N S P O R T A T I O N :
Artists are responsible for their own lodging, transportation and meals. A list of discounts through area hotels will be provided to artists upon acceptance.
I M P O R T A N T D A T E S :
- May 1st 2020 - Application Deadline
- May 15th 2020 – Selected artists announced
- May 30th - Selected artists confirmed and $120 Participation fee due
- June 23rd - Champagne registration and gallery display drop off. Artist’s meet and greet, evening reception
- June 24th – Organized Paint-out with demonstrations and picnic lunch
- June 25th - Quickdraw Competition at Tahoe City Farmer’s Market/Commons Beach
- June 26th – Morning Organized Paint-out. Evening, Main Competition pieces submitted and public gallery reception
- June 27th – Outdoor Exhibit and Sale. Main Competition Awards Ceremony and Festival Closing.