Celebrating its 40th year in 2016, The City of Fairfax Fall Festival invites you to participate with more than 400 juried crafters and food vendors showcasing their wares. Enjoy this family friendly exciting outdoor street festival in the heart of the City of Fairfax, VA. Activities include children’s activities, amusement rides and musical entertainment for all ages. FREE ADMISSION!!! Attracts 25,000 shoppers annually. For more information, call 703.385.7858 or visit www.fairfaxfallfestival.com.
All work must be original, handcrafted art and craft items produced by the vendor (US based artists only) and must be representative of items juried. Parks & Recreation reserves the right to request an inventory of items to be sold by vendor and to disallow any entry based on the guidelines and decisions of the Selection Committee.
The following exhibits are not allowed in the shows:
• IMPORTED MERCHANDISE
· Copyright and/or trademark images, names and products may not be sold unless vendor has written permission “To Sell” by holder of copyright or trademark. Examples are “Disney”, “Warner Brothers”, “Precious Moments”, professional and college sports teams.
• Kits & commercially manufactured merchandise.
• Affiliates of companies.
• Novelty sale items including inflatable toys.
• No canopies, tables or chairs will be provided. It is highly recommended, though not required, that vendors bring canopies to the Fall Festival. Vendors must provide tie-downs, weights (such as sandbags), and any other sturdy equipment necessary to stabilize canopies, displays and artwork.
• Electricity available for Fall Festival (designated areas).
• Vendors who participated in the shows the previous year can request the same space location for the upcoming year. We will try to accommodate, but cannot guarantee assignment of the same space.
• Photographs taken by staff of a vendor's display may be used in future programs or advertisements.
• Vendors may not switch, sublet or apportion spaces to other vendors or be affiliates of companies.
• Vendors must keep booths open during ENTIRE festival/show.
• Vendors are required to conduct all activities within their contracted space.
• Vendors are prohibited from using amplifying devices.
• Vendors may not use generators.
• Failure to comply with regulations will result in vendor being prohibited from future participation in City of Fairfax craft shows.
• If you are a city resident and your business is located in the City of Fairfax, you must have a current business license. Contact the Commissioner of Revenue’s office at 703-385-7880 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• All vendors that sell jewelry must select as their category listing “Jewelry” even if they also sell other items. The Multi-Media category is for those vendors whose products are a combination of categories (two or more) excluding the category Jewelry.
As a result of the new Consumer Products Safety Improvement Act, all vendors are required to sign the indemnification form. Completion of the indemnification form is necessary at time of acceptance.
EXHIBITOR SET-UP & TAKE-DOWN
Festival opens at 10am and closes at 5pm. Set-up is scheduled to take place the morning of the events. Vendors may start setting up at 6am however no vehicles will be allowed to enter into the festival area after 8:30am. All vehicles must be removed by 8:30am. Detailed times will be provided upon notification of acceptance. For the Fall Festival, vehicles will be able to drive up to the vendor space location. Each exhibitor is responsible for his/her own booth set-up and take-down. Staff is not authorized to assist with set-up or take-down. Canopies, tables or chairs will not be provided.
It is strongly recommended that vendors carry their own insurance policy to cover their actions. The City is not responsible for loss or damage to exhibitors or vendors. NOTE: By applying to exhibit at the Fall Festival, all exhibitors and their personnel waive any claim against, and agree to hold harmless the City of Fairfax and the Parks & Recreation Department, and their employees and volunteers, from any and all liability for damages or injury incurred during participation in the Fall Festival.
STATE, COUNTY & CITY REGULATIONS
Vendors must comply with State of Virginia tax laws (540)635-7984 or website at https://www.tax.virginia.gov/site.cfm?alias=ContactUs#email, Fairfax County Health Department 703-246-2444 or website https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/hd/food/ and City of Fairfax Fire Marshal requirements 703-385-7830 or via email at Andrew.email@example.com.
In the event of a cancellation by a vendor prior to August 11, 2016, a full refund of the participant fee paid will be made to vendor. After August 11, the Parks & Recreation Department will retain all fees paid.
- Application fee - $15
- Per space: $160 Crafter (10'x10')