TABLETOP – A juried-ceramics exhibit of functional work related to the serving, celebration and enjoyment of food.
- Open to all artists, Art League gallery members receive discounted entry rate.
- Entry Fee - $35 per artist, up to two entries. $30 per artist for Art League members.
- Work must be no larger than 16” X 16” X 16”
- All work must be for sale. No single work may exceed $500 in value. Artists will pay a 40% commission to the gallery on all sales. Commissions will be paid after the close of the exhibit, or by July 15, 2015
- Artist responsible for shipping cost to and from the gallery, shipping paid through UPS or FedEx only, all work must include pre-paid return shipping label
- Digital entry only, JPEG format, 300 dpi and no more than 2100 pixels at the longest dimension. All files must be labeled with artist’s first initial and last name
- The Art League reserves the right to photograph exhibited work and use these or the artists digital images for reproduction in both printed and electronic materials for publicity.
- Artists will be notified by e-mail by 6:00pm on May 15, 2015
- Works accepted for the exhibition may be hand-delivered or shipped to The Art League. Hand-deliver to The Art League gallery on Monday, June 1, 10:00am – 8:30pm or Tuesday, June 2, 10:00am – 12:00Noon. Exhibitors are responsible for the cost of transporting artworks to and from the exhibit. Shipped works must arrive by Tuesday, June 2, 2015. Shipments must include a FedEx or UPS prepaid return shipping label. Place the prepaid shipping label in an envelope and attach it to the outside of your shipping container.
- Use care when packing your artwork. Wrap carefully with bubble wrap or foam, place box with ceramic piece inside a second, larger box cushioned with protective materials such as foam “popcorn” or bubble wrap. Tape both boxes carefully on all sides. Work will be returned in the same containers.
- Unsold work must be picked up after 5:00pm, July 6, 2015. Shipped works will be returned by July 15, 2015.
JUROR – Trevor Dunn
Trevor Dunn studied sculpture and ceramics at the University of South Florida. After graduating he moved to Durango, Colorado to set up a studio where he built a small anagama kiln and pursued his interest in wood-fired ceramics. In 1999 Trevor joined the faculty at San Juan College to teach ceramics and sculpture until 2006. In 2009 he earned his MFA degree in ceramics from Utah State University. Trevor has lectured internationally and led workshops around the country in wood firing, salt/soda firing, and kiln building. His work has been shown in numerous exhibitions and is held in public and private collections. In 2009 he received the NCECA Graduate Student Fellowship Award for a proposed study and film project in Jianxi, China. He is currently an assistant professor of ceramics at the University of North Florida.
May 1, 2015 – Deadline for entries
May 15, 2015 – Artists notified of acceptance
June 2, 2015 – Work must be delivered to gallery no later than 7:30pm
June 3 – July 6, 2015 – Tabletop exhibit dates
June 11, 2015 6:30 – 8pm – Opening reception
July 7, 2015 – Return of work (artist to provide return shipping label)
AWARDS - $1,000 – Best in Show, two $400 Equal Merit awards
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
While we make every effort to protect artwork in the gallery, artists understand that they exhibit at their own risk. Any damage to work during shipping to and from the gallery is also at the artists own risk. No person will be denied membership or participation on the basis or race, color, religion, age, sex, ethnic origin, or any other basis prohibited by stature.
Permission to photograph any work in the exhibition for publicity purposes is considered granted.
For more information call 703-683-1780 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org