The Pastel Society of the Southwest 2013 National Juried Exhibition will be the nonprofit organization’s 32nd Juried Show. The exhibition will be held at the Convention and Visitors Bureau of Grapevine Texas with a reception for artists, collectors, the public and press. Historic downtown Grapevine has over 200 restaurants, along with art galleries, fabulous shopping and winery tasting rooms. Events take place throughout the year.
We invite you to participate in our juried exhibition and be a part of our quest for the highest artistic excellence in pastel. The show is an open show for all soft pastel artists. We also encourage you to join The Pastel Society of the Southwest. Our membership ranges from beginners to nationally recognized professionals, and we seek to increase our knowledge and enjoyment of the pastel medium.
The total awards given in 2012 equaled + $5,000, including a $1,000 Best in Show.
The awarding juror is nationally known pastel artist Judith Carducci, who will also be conducting a workshop November 4-6, 2013.
Online submission- Deadline: September 4, 2013
Electronic applications will be accepted beginning March through Wednesday, September 4, 2013.
- Images should be a width of 1400 pixels by a height of 1400 pixels.
- Specific details on how to prepare your image can be found by CLICKING HERE.
- Open to all artists working in the soft pastel medium. Society members receive a discount on show entry fee. Join at www.pssw.info. Membership dues are $35.
- Entries must be original, unpublished and executed in the last 3 years.
- Student work produced under supervision is not eligible.
- Entries must not have been exhibited previously in a PSSW juried exhibition.
- Entries must be suitably framed under glass or Plexiglas.
- Painting must be framed and wired for hanging. No saw tooth hangers.
- Framed work must not exceed 48 inches in height or width.
- All accepted work must remain at The Convention and Visitors Bureau for the duration of the exhibition.
- PSSW reserves the right to reject any work not meeting eligibility requirements or deemed inappropriate to The Convention and Visitors Bureau (including frontal nudes) even after the painting has been accepted.
- Minimum entries: one (1). Maximum entries: three (3). A maximum of only two (2) can be accepted into the show!
- Sale prices marked on entries may not be changed. "Not For Sale" will be accepted.
- Best of Show will receive $1,000 cash award.
- PSSW receives a 30% commission for all work sold.
The Convention and Visitors Bureau of Grapevine Texas
636 S. Main St.
Grapevine, Texas 76051
DO NOT SHIP YOUR PIECE(S) HERE!
DELIVERY AND RETURN OF SELECTED ENTRIES
Hand delivered entries will be accepted Friday, November1st from 10am to 2pm p.m. at The Convention Center.
Craters & Freighters, Inc.
2220 Merritt Dr., Ste 200
Garland, TX 75041
THIS IS THE DESIGNATED AGENT
Shipped entries must be received by the shipping agent between October 21 and October 28, 2013. The shipping agent, Craters and Freighters, charges $45 for one painting and $10 for each additional painting shipped.. Shipped entries must be prepaid in reusable crates. Insure for your own protection.
Shipped entries will be packaged and returned no later than December 16, 2013.
Hand delivered entries will be picked up Monday, December 2, 2013 from 10am-2pm at The Visitors and Convention Bureau of Grapevine, Texas.
Direct shipping and handling questions to Janis Krendick, Tel. 972-517-5480
LIMITATION OF LIABILITIY
Artwork will be handled with all possible care; however, neither The Pastel Society of the Southwest, The Convention and Visitors Bureau of Grapevine Texas, Craters and Freighters (shipping agent) nor any member of PSSW will be responsible for any loss or damage. Glass is used at the artist's risk. Artists will be responsible for replacing broken glass. By entering this exhibition artists shall be deemed to agree with the conditions stated. PSSW suggests artists carry separate insurance. Permission to reproduce artists’ work for publicity purposes is deemed given with acceptance.
No refunds will be made on unaccepted entries. Participants will be notified of the juror’s selections.
CALENDAR CHECKLIST 2013
SEPTEMBER 4 Entry Deadline
OCTOBER 1 Notification of acceptance Please check your e-mail carefully, even SPAM! You can also check your portfolio at Juried Art Services around the 1st of October.
OCTOBER 21 - 28 Out of Town Entries to Craters & Freighters
NOVEMBER 1 Hand Delivered Entries Accepted 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
NOVEMBER 4 Exhibition Opens
TBA Reception and Awards Ceremony
November 30 Exhibition Closes
DECEMBER 2 Pick up of hand delivered entries 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
DECEMBER 16 Shipped entries returned by this date