Space Coast Art Festival 2013
November 30 – December 1, 2013
Cocoa Beach, FL
Application Dates: March 1, 2013 – May 30, 2013
Late Application Dates: May 31, 2013 – June 13, 2013
Application Fee: $40.00
Additional Late Fee: $25.00
Booth Fee $300.00
50th Annual Space Coast Art Festival 2013
We invite you to apply to a Master Fine Arts Show offering up to $50,000 in Award Money.
The 50th Space Coast Art Festival held Thanksgiving weekend, November 30 and December 1, 2013, in the beautiful oceanfront city of Cocoa Beach, Florida. 250 artists will be jury-selected to exhibit in this outdoor show, one of the top shows in the Southeast, drawing outstanding artists from throughout the nation.
The Space Coast Art Festival is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization governed by an all-volunteer Board of Directors. We have been praised by participating artists for being artist friendly, for our teams of cheerful, helpful Volunteers, and our new and improved layout!
Our low fees are $40 application fee, additional $25.00 for late application, and $300 Booth Fee. You are automatically accepted into SCAF 2013 if you were a Category winner in the 2012 SCAF show. In this case Application Fee not required however you must still submit an Application and pay the Booth Fee with all the deadlines and stipulations outlined in this Application.
PAYMENT of Non-refundable Application Fee can be made online through PAYPAL at the time you fill out your application. If you prefer to pay by check, please make check payable to SCAF and mail it to: SCAF Registration, P.O. Box 320135, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931-0135. Be sure to include your JAS application identification number for proper credit.
SCAF features special rates for artists at select local hotels, an Artists’ Oasis serving breakfast both mornings, and a Patron Purchase Program to guarantee sales. Other features are a 5K Turkey Trot held Thanksgiving morning, a special Poster and Show T-shirt for each annual festival designed by a Florida artist, a judged Student Art Show for young artists from county-wide public and private schools grades 1-12, a children’s T-shirt design contest for grades 1-12, a Young-at-Art booth with hands-on activities for budding artists, performing arts throughout the day (no loud bands), and a Food Court with professional concession vendors,.
Check our website for more information: Spacecoastartfestival.com
Space Coast Art Festival telephone 321-784-3322
AWARDS & CATEGORIES
AWARDS (up to $50,000 in Award Money!)
Best of Show $3,000
1st Place (in each of 10 categories) $1,800
2nd Place (in each of 10 categories) $1,200
3rd Place (in each of 10 categories) $ 800
Best Display Award $ 500
President’s Award * $ 500
Merit Awards ** $ 500
* The President’s Award is presented in memory of long time SCAF Member Jay Dow.
** Up to 16 Merit Awards of $500 each to be awarded at the judges’ discretion in any or all of the categories.
CATEGORIES (maximum of two categories)
A. Oils & Acrylics
C. Drawings, Graphics, Collages, Printmaking & Paper
I. Leather, Fiber, Wood
J. Mixed Media
SPACE COAST ART FESTIVAL 2013 RULES AND REGULATIONS
Eligibility for Judging:
1. To be eligible for judging, all art work must be the artist’s original work, must be marked with a selling price or marked ‘Not for Sale’. Two-dimensional work must be framed or gallery-wrapped and signed.
2. Limited edition prints and unframed two-dimensional work are not eligible for judging but may be displayed in a portfolio or bin.
3. All artists accepted into SCAF must personally exhibit their work. All named artists must provide a photo ID during Roll Call.
1. Artists may begin setup on Friday – the time will be specified in acceptance information. Assigned space will be forfeited if artist is not present and open by 9:00 am on Saturday and 10:00 am on Sunday and remains open until 5 pm both days. “No-Shows” or exhibitors leaving before the close of the festival will not be invited back.
2. Artists must prominently display the booth card provided by SCAF identifying the artist's name, space number, category, and city and state of residence. Only original work by the artist may be exhibited and no ribbons, awards, or gallery cards from other art shows may be displayed. Any winning art work from a previous SCAF that is displayed is not eligible for cash awards and must be clearly marked “NOT ELIGIBLE FOR JUDGING.”
3. Each exhibitor is responsible for the collection of Florida sales tax (6%) on all sales made during the festival. Tax forms will be provided in the artist’s packet at Roll Call.
4. One booth space is assigned per entrant. If available, a second booth space may be purchased for an additional Exhibitor Fee. Exhibitor's belongings must be contained within the 12' X 12' space and no animals are allowed, except service dogs. Artists' booth may not be attached to pavement or other structures. No changes in booth location may be made without the express approval of the Registration Chairperson. No generators allowed.
5. Items NOT permitted in SCAF: any trademark infringement; ALL BUY/SELL; jewelry not totally handmade, including settings; ceramics cast from commercial molds; crocheted or knitted items; string art; candles; decoupage; china painting; shell craft; any item made from kits or mass produced; commercial displays of picture frames, art supplies, loose stones, belt buckles, etc.
6. Artists not in compliance with the rules and regulations of SCAF will be ineligible for cash awards, required to leave the festival, and denied future admission. SCAF reserves the right to refuse any application.
7. Acceptance into the Space Coast Art Festival is a commitment to SCAF and there will be NO REFUNDS. 2012 Returning Award Winners must apply, but are not required to pay a Jury Fee or submit images if applying for the same category. A second category would require a Jury Fee and Images.