KAO INTERNATIONAL KINETIC ART COMPETITION
KAO, the Kinetic Art Organization and the City of Boynton Beach, Florida are pleased to announce the 2O13 KAO INTERNATIONAL KINETIC ART COMPETITION and the 2013 International Kinetic Art Exhibit And Symposium on the 8th to 10th of February 2013 in Boynton Beach, Florida,
KAO was founded in 2001 as a virtual and not- for-profit organization. The objective of KAO and our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/kineticartorganization/info is to provide a place for kinetic artists from around the world where they can interact with those that are interested in kinetic art and sculptures.
We again welcome kinetic artists from around the world to submit their recent kinetic sculpture creations to this free-of-charge 2013 KAO international competition.
We are pleased to announce our cooperation with The International Kinetic Art Exhibit and Symposium on the 8th to 10th of February 2013 in Boynton Beach, Florida, where the winners will be announced. For more information: www.intlkineticartevent.org
A) CONTACT INFORMATION REGARDING THE 2O13 KAO INTERNATIONAL KINETIC ART COMPETITION:
KAO - KINETIC ART ORGANIZATION
301 Clematis Street, #3000
W. Palm Beach, Fl 33401, USA
B) CONTACT INFORMATION REGARDING THE 2O13 INTERNATIONAL KINETIC ART EXHIBITION AND SYMPOSIUM IN BOYNTON BEACH, FLORIDA ON THE 8TH TO 10TH OF FEBRUARY 2013:
CITY OF BOYNTON BEACH
Debby Coles - Dobay
Public Art Administrator
Important Dates and Deadlines
- Thursday 17th of January 2013 - Online Application Deadline at Juried Art Services
- Thursday 24th of January 2013 - Jury Session
- February 8th to 10, 2013 - INTERNATIONAL KINETIC ART EXHIBITION AND SYMPOSIUM in Boynton Beach.
- February 10th, 2013 at 3:30 PM - Winner Announcement at the 2O13 INTERNATIONAL KINETIC ART EXHIBITION AND SYMPOSIUM in Boynton Beach.
KAO 2013 Competition Eligibility
- Only one Kinetic Artwork per artist.
- Artworks have to be sculptural and kinetic art pieces, which includes a motion, or interactive part.
- No static sculptures or static optical art, or 2D art will be reviewed for this competition.
- Submissions are FREE OF CHARGE.
- Artwork must be original in design and executed by the artist within the last 3 years.
- Art teams and/or collaborators that produce a single product may qualify as a single entry. If you enter as an artist team or collaboration, it must be clearly noted on the application.
KAO 2013 Competition Submission Requirements
- Submit up to 4 images of your one kinetic sculpture.
- The images must be in jpeg format.
- With your submission, please include your:
- resume (2 page maximum);
- artist bio (500 word maximum),
- artwork title; material; retail price; dimensions and weight,
- if for sale (incl. price) or not.
- If links to videos are available, please include them.
KAO 2013 Competition Prizes
FIRST PRIZE - $1,000,
SECOND PRIZE - $500,
THIRD PRIZE - $250
All WINNERS WILL RECEIVE A WINNER CERTIFICATES
The winners will be announced 3:30pm – 4:00pm Sunday, February 10, 2013 at the KAO - Kinetic Art Organization International 2013 Competition Awards Presentation in the City Hall Chambers, Boynton Beach, Florida.
Shortly after the winners will be notified by email.
Each prize winner's work can be displayed on the KAO Facebook page and winners may display the 2013 KAO prize winner logo on their website, marketing materials, etc.
Jury verdict is final and at the judges sole discretion.
KAO 2013 Competition Application Process
All applications will be processed online through Juried Art Services (JAS) at www.juriedartservices.com. Juried Art Services is free to participating artists and includes a detailed introductory tutorial. After reviewing our prospectus and the JAS Tutorial, if you have any questions contact us via email or phone, and we will assist you with the process of applying to our festivals.
Jury and Selection Process
Our jurors’ panel consists of several independent jurors selected for their in-depth knowledge and experience in the field of Kinetic Art.
The judging criteria are:
· Innovation and Originality,
· Form and Function,
· Artistic Esthetics and Craftsmanship