Exhibition and Sale Prospectus
For the past 22 years the Albuquerque Museum Foundation has produced Miniatures & More, a juried invitational exhibit and sale of small paintings, photographs, prints, sculptures and fine art at The Albuquerque Museum of Art & History. Six years ago larger format works were added to the exhibition and sale. In 2012 the event showcased 123 artists and exhibited over 290 works of art. Miniatures & More has a significant reputation in the art collecting community and it is attended by gallery owners, established patrons and new collectors. Its overall scope is very diverse, representing a wide range of subject matter, styles and media. The show typically runs from mid October to early December. The Albuquerque Museum Foundation is a not-for-profit organization which funds vital educational and exhibition programs, as well as acquisitions at The Albuquerque Museum of Art and History.
Miniatures & More 2013 runs from late October through early December.
The Albuquerque Museum of Art and History
2000 Mountain Rd NW
Albuquerque, NM 87104
Application Deadlines and Fees:
All applications to Miniatures & More 2013 must be submitted online through Juried Art Services.
Early Deadline: through March 6, 2013 - $15.00 application fee
Late Deadline: from March 7, 2013 through Wednesday, March 14, 2013 - $30.00 application fee
The non-refundable fee for applications is payable online by credit card. Early or late deadline dates apply. No applications will be accepted after March 14, 2013.
This is a request for qualifications. Required items:
- Minimum of 4 images and maximum of 10 images of paintings, prints (no off-sets or giclees), sculptures, photos, drawings or other fine art
- Titles, prices, medium description and sizes of artwork in submitted images
- Artist statement
Notifications: Jury results will be sent to applicants by e-mail in May 2013. Invited artists will be required to submit their entries subject to the requirements described below. There is no requirement that the artwork submitted for the jurying process be the artwork which will be submitted for the exhibition. Please note: The majority of artwork in Miniatures & More are small scale works. “More” artworks (large scale works) are a very limited number (10-13). “More” artists will be selected from the field of artists invited to participate in “Miniatures”.
Invited Artists Rules of Entry:
Eligible Entries and Size Limitations:
A) Two-dimensional: “Miniatures” artworks that are hung are limited to a framed size maximum of 324 square inches (height x width) or any proportion of framed height and width added together equaling 36 inches total or smaller. For sculpture the size limit is 15-20 inches or smaller in any one dimension (height, width or length).
B) “More” paintings, prints, sculptures, photos, or other fine art not previously exhibited at The Albuquerque Museum. Two-dimensional “More” pieces must be 160 square inches or more. “More” sculptures must be at least 40” in length, width, or height.
Sale of Work:
MINIATURES (small scale artworks)-All Miniatures artworks are for sale to the public. The sale price is set by the Artist. The Albuquerque Museum Foundation will retain 40% of the Artist’s price on all artworks sold. The remaining 60% will be paid to the Artist. Miniatures artwork not sold on opening night will remain for sale at the artist’s price for the duration of the exhibition.
MORE (large scale artworks)-All ‘More’ artworks are for sale to the public by silent auction on opening night. The value of the artwork is set by the Artist. The Artist may set a lower “opening bid” price to encourage active bidding during the silent auction. The Albuquerque Museum Foundation will retain 40% of the highest bid. The remaining 60% will be paid to the Artist. ‘More’ artwork not sold opening night will remain for sale at the Artist’s set price for the duration of the exhibition.
Artwork must be delivered ready to install and dry to the touch. Wall pieces need not be framed, but must be equipped with D-rings as hanging devices. The Foundation and/or The Museum reserve the right to modify hanging devices if necessary. Artwork that has arrived at The Museum but is not in satisfactory display condition or does not meet the size limitations may be excluded from the Miniatures & More exhibition and returned to the Artist.
Shipped and Delivered artwork:
Artwork shipped to Miniatures & More must be in a reusable crate or commercial shipping container. Please do not use Styrofoam peanuts as packing material. Unsold artwork will be repacked and returned to the Artist in the same shipping container as received. Damages, whether in transit or on The Museum premises and regardless of responsibility, will be reported to the Artist within two business days by the Foundation. Damaged artwork will not be displayed. Damaged shipping containers or materials will not be reused. 30 days after the exhibition closes, all artwork unclaimed by Artists will be considered abandoned and will no longer be the responsibility of the Albuquerque Museum Foundation or The Albuquerque Museum of Art and History. All shipping costs are the responsibility of the Artist.
Release of artwork:
Written authorization is required for the Albuquerque Museum Foundation or The Albuquerque Museum to release work to anyone other than the Artist.
Artwork accepted for Miniatures & More will be handled with professional care; however, The Museum and Foundation staff and volunteers will not be held liable for loss or damage to artwork while on the premises or in shipping. Artwork will be insured by The Albuquerque Museum while on exhibit and for the duration of the exhibition. Artist shall, at his/her expense, procure and maintain such insurance as desired against all risk of loss or damage to said property during shipment to The Museum and if not sold, upon return to the Artist.
Rita Butler, Program Manager
Albuquerque Museum Foundation
P.O. Box 7006
Albuquerque, NM 87194
505-338-8732 direct line