September 2, 2012
In Rist Canyon, west of Fort Collins, Colorado
Event Prospectus / Terms & Conditions
Two auctions (Live and Silent) will be held simultaneously. Preview opens at 10:00 a.m. on September 2, 2012; Live Auction starts at 1:00; Silent Auction closes 30 minutes after Live Auction finishes.
During the artwork application process, an image can be submitted to the Live Auction, the Silent Auction or Both. (See details below regarding the differences between the Live and Silent auctions.)
Maximum number of submissions:
Live Auction -- 2 images
Silent Auction -- 3 images
The non-refundable artist’s application fee is payable online through Juried Art Services by credit card or PayPal. $25.00 for up to 3 images; $10.00 for each additional image (maximum 5 images)
Deadline: Applications will not be accepted after May 1, 2012.
- Original fine art only; no prints, giclees, photography or 3-D work will be accepted.
- Image file requirements: hi-res RGB files saved as JPG files with longest dimension between 1400 pixels and 2000 pixels at 300 ppi (pixels per inch).
- Details needed for each piece: art title, unframed size, medium, gallery price.
- Only 1 image per artwork.
- 150-word (or less) bio about yourself.
- Optional: your website, if you have one.
NOTE: Once a piece has been selected for the auction, no substitutions will be accepted.
LIVE AUCTION DETAILS
SILENT AUCTION DETAILS
- Richard Schmid will jury only 2-dimensional artwork for the live auction.
- No minimum (reserve) prices may be set; all art in the live auction will be sold.
- Live auction artists will receive 60% of the winning bid.
- The juried Silent Auction will also feature only 2-dimensional original pieces of fine art.
- Maximum gallery price $1,000.
- Silent auction artists may set a minimum bid not exceeding 50% of the suggested gallery price.
- Silent auction artists will receive 50% of the winning bid.
- The BUY NOW option lets someone buy on the spot for 15% below the stated gallery price. If buyers cannot stay until the close of the auction, or if they fall in love with your piece, they will be able to buy it immediately.
- Any unsold art will be sent back to Shippers’ Supply and returned at the artist’s expense. Artists are welcome to retrieve unsold art after the close of silent auction.
Mark Your 2012 Calendars
- Previous auction sales have shown that paintings sell better when they are less than 750 square inches (approx. 24" x 30" or smaller).
- For the silent auction, we encourage small paintings (10" x 12" and smaller).
- The majority of our buyers come from Colorado and surrounding Western states. As a result, we’ve found that local and regional themes sell better and command higher prices. Some of the more popular subjects have been mountain landscapes and wildland scenes, prairies, recognizable natural features of Colorado, native flora and/or fauna, cowboy culture, ranch and country life, and Native American themes. While we appreciate modern/abstract art, it does not sell well for us.
||Deadline for submitting digital images of artwork for the Live & Silent Auctions
||Jury results emailed to artists.
||Contact your collectors (visit our on-line Press Room for digital fliers and press releases).
Internet Promotion: We encourage you to post your artwork on your Web site and then link to our site. It is a great way to inform your buyers!
|August 16 - 30
||Hand deliver or ship your finished work to Shippers’ Supply in Loveland, Colorado (see details below).
|Sunday, Sept 2
||Join us at the auction and reception afterwards. Preview opens at 10:00 a.m.; Live Auction starts at 1:00; Silent Auction closes 30 minutes after Live Auction finishes.
Delivering Your Work
Any paintings not meeting these requirements will not be accepted.
- All paintings must be professionally framed, wired and ready to hang. Please use only sturdy wire (no claw hangers).
- The artist is responsible for insuring the artwork during shipping ; broken glass will prevent the piece from being sold.
- All artwork must be packed in a sturdy box suitable for safe storage and transportation to the mountain auction site.
- Please don’t pack artwork with shredded paper or Styrofoam pellets. Your name must be clearly visible on the outside of the box (we will email the form to you in early August).
Please deliver or ship your work to Shippers’ Supply in Loveland, between August 16-30, 2012. Even if you drop off your work at Shippers’ Supply, it must be properly boxed.
If you don’t have a suitable box, they’ll be happy to sell one to you. Please call them for drop-off hours (970-663-2330):
405 8th St. SE, Unit 5
Loveland, CO 80537
Artwork accepted for the Richard Schmid Fine Art Auction will be handled with professional care; however, volunteers will not be held liable for loss or damage to artwork while on the premises or in shipping. Artist shall, at his/her expense, procure and maintain such insurance as desired against all risk of loss or damage to said property during shipment to Shippers’ Supply and if not sold, upon return to the Artist.