Artists & Charities
Hand in Hand Fine Art Show
November 2 & 3, 2019 West Palm Beach, FL
100% Indoor Venue – Booth Walls Provided
Open call for all Fine Artists,
Photographers, Sculptors and Jewelers!
Kahil Gibran stated,
“You give but little when you give of possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.”
Introducing a new style art show: artists, charities/non-profits and community joining together to sell art while raising funds for worthy causes. This dynamic, exciting show will be held Saturday and Sunday, November 2-3, 2019 from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM at the beautiful Palm Beach County Convention Center, 650 Okeechobee Boulevard, West Palm Beach, FL 33401.
Twenty percent (20%) of all art sales will be donated to the Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League, the Dreyfoos School of the Arts Foundation, and the Armory Art Center, divided equally. Eighty percent (80%) of sales are retained by the artists.
The Convention Center offers an in-door, air-conditioned, professional venue and plenty of accessible parking. We offer 100 booths for artists working in any fine art category to show and sell their art in Pro Panel walled booths. The booth walls will be provided to the invited artists.
Professional marketing will be provided by The Buzz Agency, a premier PR firm in Florida, as well as by the three designated charities/nonprofits. Well-known community leaders and artists will be participating at this event, lending their marketing support and huge following, including a nationally known artist who has over 2 million followers and will promote and share this event with all of them.
Application and Exhibition Fees:
Application Fee: $45 (non-refundable)
Exhibition Fee for Invited Artists: $1000-$2000 (includes a 10’ by 10’ exhibition booth with 7’ high Pro Panel walls.) Fee depends upon booth location. First come first served. Double booths may be available on a limited basis and must be arranged through the event organizer.
Important Dates and Deadlines:
- June 15, 2019: Application deadline and deadline for payment of non-refundable application fee.
- July 10, 2019: Artist Notifications Released
- July 30, 2019: Show booth fees payment deadline
- August 15, 2019: Refund of Booth fee deadline
- July 11, 2019 thru November 1, 2019: Wait list artists offered an opportunity to participate as
spaces are released.
- November 2 – 3, 2019: Show dates
- Set Up Artwork: 6 AM to 11 AM Saturday November 2, 2019.
- Show Hours: Saturday and Sunday: November 2-3, 2019: 11 AM to 5 PM.
Show Breakdown: 5PM Sunday, November 3, 2019
Mission Statements of the charities/nonprofits supported by this event:
Armory Center of the Arts: Is a not-for-profit community based visual arts education and exhibition center providing opportunities for individual growth, self-expression, increased awareness and appreciation of the arts through participation in studio art classes, exhibitions, lectures and other educational programs. www.armoryart.org
Dreyfoos School of the Arts Foundation: A 501 (c) (3) organization, is to enhance the arts and academic programs at the internationally recognized Alexander W. Dreyfoos School of the Arts. Funds raised by the Foundation provide for curriculum enhancements that cannont be funded through the School District. www.awdsoa.org
Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League: Is to provide shelter to lost, homeless and unwanted animals, to provide spay and neuter and other medical services for companion animals and to care for, protect and find quality homes for homeless and neglected companion animals, to advocate animal welfare, community involvement and education to further the bond between people and animals. www.peggyadams.org
1. All artwork submitted in this application must be designed and created by the applying artist and must be for sale.
2. An artist may enter as 2D, 3D and/or Jewelry, but must provide images of all and indicate which category to which each image belongs.
3. No commercial casts/molds, production studio work or factory produced art is permitted.
4. Photography/Digital Art: Only original images taken by the applying photographer are permitted. Only one size of an image may be hung in the booth. All photographs and Digital artworks must be limited editions and clearly signed and numbered.
5. If two artists collaborate to create one original piece, they will be considered one exhibitor and will be permitted to exhibit in one booth. The collaboration must be indicated on the application and both artists must sign each piece displayed and sold.
6. Artist must submit images which represent a body of work. We are not accepting specific pieces, but evaluating the overall caliber and originality of the body of work presented. Artists are free to select the individual pieces to show at the event as long as the art shown is consistent with the art submitted in the original application.
7. If an artist wishes to bring one bin rack, he/she may show and sell limited edition reproductions and/or giclees as long as each piece is clearly marked and numbered as a reproduction.
1. Acceptance is non-transferable.
2. The venue for this show is the 55,000 square foot Exhibit Hall B of The Palm Beach County Convention Center.
3. Only one artist, or one collaborative team, per 10’ by 10’ booth.
4. Booth fees will range from $1000 to $2000 depending upon booth location. Booth location and price map will be provided upon Artist invitation to participate.
5. No drug use or smoking is permitted anywhere within the Convention Center.
6. Accepted artists must be present during all festival hours. No agents, representatives, family members or friends are permitted to substitute for the accepted artists’ attendance unless prior written request has been received and granted.
7. If an artist, without permission, closes his/her booth prior to the end of the show hours, the artist will not be permitted to return nor accepted for future shows.
8. No discount or sales signs are permitted.
9. Each artist is responsible for paying 20% of all sales to the event charity
10. Each artist is responsible for collecting and remitting local sales tax to the Florida Department of Revenue as required by law.
11. The Pro Panel walled booths are provided and set up by The Tent Guys: www.artisttents.com Walls are 7’ high.
12. Only the interior walls of the display booth may be used to display art. In other words, each 2D artist will have 30 linear feet of Pro Panel walls to display their art. Sculptors must display their art within the 10’ by 10’ booth floor space.
13. Artists may NOT bring their own display walls, but will need to supply their own hangers.
14. Pedestals for sculpture may be rented at an additional cost through
The Tent Guys. Arrangements for rental pedestals must be made by the individual sculptor.
15. Double booths may be available. Individual requests will be handled by the Event Coordinators as space permits.
16. Food will be available for purchase at the Convention Center Concessions.
17. Chairs will be provided.
18. Table with cloths available an additional $25 fee.
19. For artists wishing to bring additional lighting, electrical access will be available for an extra fee. Details will be provided with invitation letter.
The show booths will be set up in advance in Exhibition Hall B of The Palm Beach County Convention Center. Spaces are 10’ by 10’, with 7’ high Pro Panel walls. Artists may bring their own table, cloth and two chairs or may request these be provided for an additional $25 fee. Only one artist per booth, or one approved collaborative team of two artists. Artists are responsible for keeping their own area clean and orderly.
Artists and Charities reserves the right to inspect all displays for compliance with Show Policies and reserves the right to remove art which does not comply.
Applications will be processed online through Juried Art Services (JAS). Juried Art Services is free to participating artists and includes a detailed introductory tutorial. On line application payments are processed directly by JAS. The $45 show application fee is non-refundable. Applications will not be processed nor forwarded to the curatorial committee unless your application fee is paid in full. Once you have been invited to participate in the show, you will receive instructions for payment of the Booth Fee and will have an opportunity to indicate a single or double booth preference. Applications are due by no later than June 15, 2019.
The Curatorial Committee will review the images submitted as a Body of Work. The art will be evaluated for creativity, caliber (technique, skill, difficulty, mastery of materials), design and originality. Once invited, the artist must show art which is consistent with the body of work submitted with the application, but is not required to show the exact pieces submitted.
Once the curatorial review is completed, all artists will receive an email from JAS directing each artist to log into their online JAS account to check the status of their application. You must keep your email address information up to date in order to receive this notification. Notifications will be emailed on July 10, 2019. Each artist’s JAS account will indicate their application status:
Invited: Green checkmark
Waitlist: Yellow exclamation mark
Declined: Red “X”
Artists on the waitlist will receive invitations as spaces become available.
Booth Fee Payment:
The Booth Fee is $1000-$2000 for a 10’ by 10’ space (includes Pro Panel wall set up). Fee depends upon booth location. A map will be available to invited artists who must pay this fee directly to Hand in Hand. Instructions for this payment will be sent to each invited artist and must be received by Hand In Hand by July 30, 2019. Full refund of this fee is available until August 15, 2019. Refunds may be available after this date if the Event is able to re-sell the booth. If the booth can be resold, late cancellations will be subject to a late notice processing fee of $100. Application fees are non-refundable. Artist must supply own hangers.
All Artists must designate a category on their application:
1. 2D – Original two dimensional fine art including acrylics, chalk, charcoal, graphite, ink, oils, pastels, water colors, and mixed media, etc. All work must be framed and/or presented in a professional, finished format. Fine Art, not craft, Fiber art is acceptable.
2. 3D – Original three dimensional art that is Fine Art, not functional art. This would typically be considered free standing sculpture. Artist may bring their own pedestals or optionally rent them from The Tent Guys for an additional fee. Fine glass art and Fine Art Ceramics would be included in this category.
3. Photography – Signed prints created by the artist from his/her own original negative or digital files that were taken by the artist photographer under his/her own volition.
4. Jewelry – Fine Art Jewelry created by the hand of the individual artist.
By submitting this application, I hereby certify that these images represent my original artwork and that the art is unique and made by me. For a collaborative team of two artists, we certify that our combined efforts make every art piece submitted for this application and which will be shown in the event of our invitation to participate. I/we also understand and agree to follow all the show rules as outlined in this prospectus, including remitting 20% of any show sales to Hand in Hand to support the event charities/non-profits. I/we also agree to permit images of my/our art to be used for show publicity purposes.