8th Annual ‘National’ Juried Art Show
MISSOURI VALLEY IMPRESSIONIST SOCIETY
in partnership with Albrecht Kemper Museum of Art (AKMA)
To unify Impressionism throughout the Missouri River Valley region by connecting artists who are consistent in their pursuit of the rural, urban, and historic beauty of our unique geography, while embracing the various approaches unique to each artist in this representation of beauty and truth.
JUROR - To Be Announced
Artists who are currently 2019 MVIS members are allowed to submit pieces for this show. To become a member and become eligible, please visit and complete our Membership requirements located on the Join page. Membership is open nationwide.
will be presented to:
- Best of Show ($1000)
- Second Place ($500)
- Third Place ($250)
- Three Honorable Merits ($100 each)
- B.K. Seevers Award of Excellence in Impressionism ($300)
(Sponsored by the Missouri Valley Impressionist Society)
MVIS directors are ineligible to receive any awards.
SPECIFICATIONS AND PRESENTATION
All work must be matted and framed, and wired for hanging: clip frames will not be accepted. Plexiglass is required on all shipped work. Eligible work includes paintings and pastels of representational art. No sculpture, drawing, illustrations, photography, video, film, installations, computer generated art or giclées are accepted. Original Art Only. 2-D work may not exceed 10 feet in height and 10 feet in width including the frame. Works on paper must be framed in glass or plexiglass. Any piece juried into any of the 2012 -2018 MVIS Shows are ineligible in this and future MVIS shows.
HOW TO ENTER
Please pay your MVIS membership fee here first:
Three (3) digital images in jpg format may be submitted at a submission fee of $35. Only paid 2019 MVIS members are eligible. Incomplete entries will not be accepted.
Digital images shall be named with last name, first initial, and then title as in this example: DoeJ_PrairieMeadow.jpg.
A 30% commission will be retained on any sold work. All work must be for sale—no NFS or POR. All sold artwork must remain in exhibition until the conclusion of the show.
ARTWORK DELIVERY AND PICKUP
All shipped works need to come to: Albrecht Kemper Museum of Art, 2818 Frederick Avenue, St. Joseph, MO 64506, (816) 233-7003. All should have a return call tag with them in case they do not sell. They need to be received the week of Sept 2, 2019. Shipped work can not come in wooden crates or use packing peanuts. All shipped work must arrive in a reusable container and include a prepaid computer-generated UPS or FEDEX return shipping label. No U.S. Postal Service returns. Do not send stamps, cash or credit card information for return of work.
Artists are responsible for insuring their own work prior to and after the exhibit and while in transport.
- ABSOLUTELY NO PACKING PEANUTS PLEASE.
- All shipments MUST BE sent “SIGNATURE REQUIRED” in order to be safely received by the AKMA.
- AKMA and MVIS ARE NOT responsible for any lost packages left with no signature required.
- Shipments that appear to have major damage upon receipt will not be opened and the artist will be contacted immediately to assist in assessing the damage and determining how to proceed.
- The artist will also be contacted immediately if any major damage is discovered once a painting is unpacked.
- Minor scuffs and scratches to frames as well as typical wear and tear will not be considered “damage” and will be deemed acceptable at the discretion of AKMA.
- If shipping, please email the tracking info beforehand to email@example.com.
- Artists may also arrange for other individuals to deliver/pickup their works but they must contact AKMA beforehand.
- All unsold work will be returned via shipment or local pickup, just as it was received.
- Paintings being returned via shipment will be packed and returned in the same packing materials they arrived in.
- The artist is responsible for arranging the return shipment of their painting(s).
- Pre-paid return labels may be enclosed in the original shipment or emailed to AKMA once the show has ended.
- Return shipment will be around Nov 18, 2019.
- Any work being picked up locally must be picked up on Nov 3rd or Nov 4, 2019.
The Missouri Valley Impressionist Society and AKMA are not responsible for loss or damage to artwork while in transit to the show and while on display. The artist agrees to allow the Missouri Valley Impressionist Society, at its discretion, to utilize photographs or exhibited work for publicity purposes, not for reproduction.fake rolex fake rolex perfect watches
May 1 - Submission opens up on Juried Art Services
July 13 - Final day for artists to submit work
August 3-4 - Notification to artists
September 2-6 - Shipped work must arrive this week
September 8 & 9 - Gallery Drop off of artwork
September 9-12 - Installation of work
September 13 - MVIS Public Reception (4-7 pm)
November 3 - SHOW CLOSES
November 3 & 4 - Local pickup of work on either day
Nov 18 - AKMA will ship back work.