December 15, 2019
Anything and Everything Handmade!
This is a rolling invitation and registration event. We invite Artists, Makers, and Creators to apply. Makers are selected based on uniqueness, quality, and creativity. Makers will be notified on an ongoing basis of their status via email.
A one day experience in Chicago.
The December MADE Show features art and gifts for all.
MADE. A carefully curated experience showcasing handmade, tailor made, custom made, homemade, loft made, city made, kitchen made, well made, finely made, creatively made, uniquely made, precisely made, beautifully made, perfectly made, outrageously made, delicately made, in-your-face made, and deliciously made.
MADE. It’s about the passion Makers put into what they do…and the work they make.
MADE. A different kind of show, featuring everything made by hand, by Makers and the work they love to make. From art to food, clothing to lotions, stationery to furniture…MADE is the place to show it and sell it.
MADE. The newest, best, quirkiest, most exciting sampling of art, food, drinks, décor, accessories, and fashion.
MADE. A day for those in search of the next great thing to come see, taste, drink, try on, wear, enjoy, fall in love with, buy and own.
MADE is 8 days before Christmas, and two weeks before New Years.
Interested in being featured in Made? Makers from near and far are invited to apply. Participation is by invitation only.
MADE provides Makers an 8 foot table to show and sell their best. Spaces are $270 per Maker.
To be in MADE send us four images of what you make, one of the images can be how you display your makings.
MADE. Sunday, December 15, 2019. Indoors at Chicago’s Morgan Manufacturing in the West Loop, the on trend venue for what is current. MADE will be open for showing and selling from 11 am – 5pm.
- Urban show
- Dolly into the show
- Power available
- Maker Spaces: About 100 spaces
- Staff Support: Amdur Productions staff is present on site throughout the entire festival to assist Makers from load in to load out.
- Maker Parking: We give our best efforts to work with local lots to provide discounted parking for Makers.
- Booth Sitting: Amdur Productions staff is available to booth sit for Makers throughout the entire festival
- Break Room: A Maker break room/area provides refreshments throughout the festival for Makers.
- Hotel Rooms: Amdur Productions works with a company that provides discounts at local hotels and rental properties for each festival.
- Marketing: A large multi-layered marketing plan supports this show. Professional public relations ensure high visibility for this festival.
Amy Amdur, MADE Director
PO Box 550
Highland Park, IL 60035
Important Dates and Deadlines
This is a rolling invitation and event registration. We will invite Makers based on first come, first juried, and by scores. Makers will be notified on an ongoing basis via email.
- September 30, 2019: Forms and fees due
- October 15, 2019: Last day for refunds (less $50)
- December 15, 2019: MADE
- All artwork submitted to jury, displayed and presented for sale at MADE must be created, designed and made or made under the direct supervision of the accepted Maker(s). All artwork shown must be for sale.
- A Maker may apply in more than one category, but not twice in the same category.
- Jewelry created through fabrication and casting is allowed if the original casts are made by the Maker.
- No factory produced items may be shown.
- Photography/Digital art: Original work made by the hands of the photographer is allowed.
- Makers must design their work.
- The Maker certifies that images submitted represent their current original work and represent the work that will be displayed at the festival.
- Collaborators (up to two Makers in total) producing a single item qualify as an exhibitor. A collaborator is not an employee or helper. If Makers enter as a collaboration, it must be clearly noted on the application and work shown must be signed by both.
- “Buy/sell” items are strictly prohibited from all or part of a Maker’s booth. Buy/Sell is any art or object that is purchased from a manufacturer or Maker other than the Maker and sold at a festival as “original” work. The restriction of buy/sell work is in ALL categories.
- Acceptance is non-transferable. Tables cannot be split without show permission.
- MADE is a drug-free environment. Smoking is not allowed inside Morgan Manufacturing.
- Accepted Makers must be present during festival hours. No agents, representatives, family members or friends are permitted as a substitute for the accepted Makers’ attendance, unless express exception is granted in special circumstances.
- Only work in the category accepted through the jury process is allowed. See Amdurproductions.com for full info.
- Discount/sales signs, and ribbons from other shows are not allowed.
- Each Maker is responsible to collecting and remitting local sales tax to the State’s Department of Revenue as required by law.
Reproduction and Limited Edition Prints Policy
Fine art reproductions must be clearly and individually labeled as a limited edition which is signed and numbered on the front of each piece. The method of reproduction and brief process description must be on the back.
Limited Edition Prints are printed works for which the Maker hand manipulates the plates, stones or screens and which have been properly signed and numbered as a limited edition. These hand pulled prints are considered to be originals. PrintMakers are encouraged to identify their process.
Jury and Exhibit Space Fees
$20 Jury Fee (non-refundable)
$270 Exhibit Space Fee
Applications will be processed online through Juried Art Services (JAS) at www.juriedartservices.com. Juried Art Services is free to participating Makers and includes a detailed introductory tutorial. After reviewing our prospectus and the JAS Tutorial, if you have any questions contact us via email or phone, and we will assist you with the process of applying to our festivals.
When applying in two categories, work in each must be substantially different. Four images of the work must be submitted for each category. A separate jury fee is required for each category.
Online jury payments are processed directly by Amdur Productions through a secure payment system. Please follow online payment instructions if paying your jury fee with a credit card. Your jury fee payment will be posted to JAS within three days after you submit your application. All questions or concerns regarding the payment of your fees should be directed to the office at 847-926-4300 or email email@example.com.
If paying with a check or money order (US currency only) please send via US mail no later than 7 days after the submission of your online application. Applications will not be processed or forwarded on to our jury unless your jury fee is paid in full. The non-refundable jury fee check will be deposited on receipt.
All checks are to be made payable in US dollars to “Amdur Productions” and sent to:
PO Box 550
Highland Park, IL 60035
Please note “MADE” on your check.
Spaces are 8’ X 5’ and work must be contained within the assigned space. You may not infringe on another space physically or audibly. Only one Maker’s work or the work of two approved collaborating Makers may be displayed per space. Makers must keep their area clean and orderly. Double deep or double wide spaces are available.
Special needs requests will be accepted but are not guaranteed. We will make every effort to meet all special requests on a first come, first served basis. Additional charges may apply. Please include all space requests on the registration form after acceptance.
During MADE, all displays will be visited by a MADE representative to ensure that they are in compliance with our festival policies. It is the exclusive right and responsibility of the MADE Staff to call for the removal of work that is not in compliance with the MADE policies and requirements. Non-compliance may result in expulsion from the MADE or refusal of future MADE participation.
Jury and Selection Process
The work submitted by each Maker is juried based on the criteria listed below:
- Body of Work: How well the work represents a point of view
- Theme: design, vision, creativity
- Technical Competence: technique, skill, degree of difficulty, mastery of materials used
Notification and Booth Fee Payment
Once the review process is complete, all Makers will receive an email from Amdur Productions with the next steps. Please keep your email up to date with JAS to receive this information in a timely manner.
Notification of status will be emailed to each Maker directly with the email provided on the application. Accepted Makers will be required to submit their booth fee payment by September 30, 2019. Applications received after September 30, 2019 will be required to submit their booth payment within 3 days of email notification date. If the booth fee is not received by the deadline date, the Maker may forfeit his/her participation in the festival.
Credit card payments are processed directly by Amdur Productions. All questions or concerns regarding the payment of your fees should be directed to Annette in our accounting office at 847-926-4300.
If paying with a check or money order (US Currency only) please send via US mail no later than 14 days after the registration due date. Include Maker’s name and name of festival on your check.
All checks are to be made payable to “Amdur Productions” and sent to:
PO Box 550
Highland Park, IL 60035
If you have any questions regarding status notification or our payment process please contact us.
Categories - All Makers must apply to a category
2D – Includes original two-dimensional work including graphite, charcoal, chalk, pastels, collage, wax crayon, inks, and washes.
3D Functional – Includes dimensional work that has a function – such as wearables, tableware, quilts, fiber, wood furniture, artisan soaps, lotions, candles, artisan foods, and stationary.
3D Non Functional – Includes art that serves an aesthetic not functional purpose. Generally “sculptures.”
Painting – Includes original, two-dimensional work created with pigment including oils, spray paint, acrylics, watercolor, egg tempura, etc.
Photography – Includes signed prints created by the Maker from his/her own original negative or digital files that have been “taken” and processed by that Maker.
Jewelry – Includes earrings, necklaces, bracelets, rings, cuffs, watches and anklets. No buy/sell or buy/sell fill-in allowed.
Sub-categories – All Makers must select a sub-category
Ceramics – Original shaped and fired clay (including earthenware, porcelain, stoneware and terracotta)
Fiber – Original work created by the Maker from fibers/fabric or leather including batik, basketry, weaving, and quilt-making. No factory produced items are permitted.
Furniture – Original work in any material which is functional as a piece of functional furniture or home accessory.
Glass – Original work created in glass by the Maker including blown glass, fused glass or stained glass.
Print Making - Prints manually created by the Maker using plates, stones or screens which have been signed and numbered.
Metal – Original work created by the Maker without use of a production studio.
Mixed Media – Includes collage and handmade paper; incorporates more than one type of material. Generally flat, wall hung art.
Wood – Original hand-tooled, machine worked, built-up, turned or carved work in wood.
Acrylic Paint – Applied to a surface in any way
Acrylic Resin – Applied to a surface in any way
Batik – Technique used on fabric
Collage – Variety of materials applied to a surface
Drawing – Charcoal, graphite, and color pencils applied to a surface
Egg Tempera – Applied to a surface in any way
Gold and/or Silver – Precious metal or precious metal clay used in jewelry
Leather – Primary material used
Oil Paint – Applied to a surface in any way
Paper – Hand made
Pastel – Dry pigments applied to a surface
Photo – Black & white, color, black and white & color, hand color, digital. Select the area the majority of your work is in
Stone – Carved
Watercolor – Applied in any way
Other - If your category is not represented, you may add your own
A Maker Statement describing the technique, materials, and processes used in the creation of your entire body of work must be included with each Juried Art Services entry. Co-Makers must describe the collaboration. Your Maker Statement may be used in the promotion of MADE through public relations efforts and should be no longer than a maximum of 1000 characters (including punctuation and spacing).
Wait List Policy
A wait list is selected from the jury's scores in each category, and wait listed Makers are invited as cancellations occur in that particular category. Wait list Makers can be accepted up to and on the day of the show and will be notified by phone and email when a booth becomes available.
Cancellations must be made in written form and submitted by mail, fax, or email. Emails should be sent to the Makers Director, Caitlin, at Caitlin@AmdurProductions.com.
If a Maker cancels a show on or before October 15, 2019, they will be given a refund for the amount they have paid towards the booth, less $50 processing fee. Application fees and permit fees are non-refundable. No refunds after October 15, 2019.
No Show Policy
Makers who have not checked in and/or notified Amdur Productions with a message via festival phone (224-253-2330), office phone (847-926-4300), or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 7:30 am on the first day of festival, will be considered a NO SHOW and the assigned space will be forfeited with no refund.
By applying to this festival, I hereby certify that these images represent my original work, and that the work is unique and made by me. I also agree to follow all festival rules as outlined in the prospectus. In partnership situations, we declare that our combined efforts made every individual piece of work we would exhibit, if accepted. I/We also agree to allow images of my/our work to be used in publicity and or materials.