Portland Fine Craft Show
The fifth annual Portland Fine Craft Show, produced by the Maine Crafts Association, will take place on Saturday, August 24, 2019 on Congress Street between State and High Streets in Portland, Maine. The Show features 100+ juried exhibitors from Maine and the Northeast exhibiting fine craft in the following media categories: baskets, ceramics, fiber, furniture, glass, jewelry, leather, metal, mixed media, paper, stone and wood. PFCS is a one-day, rain-or-shine outdoor event that closes the main thoroughfare of Portland, Maine to vehicles. Exhibitors are prepared for a relatively quick set up (3-4 hours) and take down (2 hours).
Maine Crafts Association (Show Producer)
Established in 1983, the Maine Crafts Association (MCA) supports craft artists by providing educational, marketing and retail opportunities. MCA strives to develop lasting and impactful opportunities for both our members and greater fine craft community. MCA launched the Portland Fine Craft Show (PFCS) in 2015, and it remains one of the only Maine craft shows open to artists not living in Maine. PFCS is a well-organized show with a reputation for high quality and high attendance.
$165 MCA Member rate
$195 Non Member rate
- Listing in printed Show Program/Map and online Show Directory at mainecrafts.org
- Lunch delivery
- Water delivery throughout day
- Volunteer booth sitters
- Professional Show Producer with staff available daily for assistance leading up to show
- Advertising options in the printed Show Program/Map
- Awards for Best Booth Design, Best of Show and People’s Choice
Show General Information
When: 9am – 5pm August 24, 2019 rain or shine
Where: Congress Street, between High and State. (Closing Congress to vehicle traffic)
What: Fine Craft Show featuring 100+ vendors in 10x10 spaces selling handmade craft work
Elena Kubler - Owner/Curator, The Turtle Gallery
Kazeem Lawal - Owner/Curator, Portland Trading Co.
Anja Levitties - Chair, 2019 Philadelphia Museum of Art Contemporary Craft Show
- Booths will be in two lines facing one another on Congress St. sidewalks will remain open. Exhibitors receive their booth assignments in early summer.
- 10 x 10 spaces, EZ-up (or equivalent) tents required.
- Tent weights required 15lb per corner.
- Double or triple booths are available.
- No electricity or WIFI available.
- Corner booths are premium - available for an upgrade charge.
Accepted Fine Craft Media
Fiber: Decorative + Wearable
Media/Products Not Accepted for Jury Process
Specialty Foods, Personal Care, Candles, Books, CDs/DVDs, Cards, 2D Fine Art including Printmaking and Photography, flower arrangements, buy-sell items or any products made from commercially available kits.
$20 MCA members, $25 nonmembers
Booth Cancellation / Refund Policy
If before June 1st: Refund less $25
If before August 1st: 50% refund
After August 1st: No refunds
Dorothy Royle, Show Director: Dorothy@mainecrafts.org 207-245-5880
Sadie Bliss, MCA Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org 207-205-0791
MCA Site: www.MaineCrafts.org
PFCS Page on Site: http://mainecrafts.org/programs/portland-fine-craft-show/