3rd Annual West Palm Beach Arts Festival
December 1 & 2, 2018
Armory Art Center
10 AM – 5 PM
811 Park Place, West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Application Dates: April 5, 2018 – August 17, 2018
Notification date: September 1, 2018
Application Fee: $35
The 3rd Annual West Palm Beach Arts Festival presented by the Armory Art Center will feature local and out-of-town artists, live music, demonstrations, food trucks, and activities for all ages.
Last year’s Festival brought 6,000 affluent visitors and 90 artists. This event will be well-publicized by local media reporting, media sponsorships, advertising, and social media. Scheduled at the perfect time for holiday shopping, vendors will reach affluent Palm Beach and Broward County residents, plus engage our large seasonal tourist population.
The campus hosts space for 90 10’x10’ tents throughout the Armory’s campus. Tents will be located outdoors in the sculpture garden and in the parking lot.
The Armory Art Center is on the south end of Howard Park within walking distance of the Kravis Center for the Performing Arts, the Palm Beach Convention Center, Hilton West Palm Beach, and CityPlace—a premier shopping, dining, and entertainment destination.
Artists will have the opportunity to interact with the public through art demos and booth chats. Live music, food, and kid’s activities make the festival a perfect experience for all.
Set up is on Friday, November 30, 2018. Artists parking will be available.
- Submit three jpegs of the artwork you plan to sell along with your application.
- There is a $35 artist application fee.
- Booths are 10’x10’ and $200 each. After acceptance into the festival, instructions for booth payment will be provided. Booth fees will be due immediately upon acceptance. Deadline for booth payment is September 15, 2018. Late payments will be accepted until October 16 with a late fee of $40.
Space is limited so apply today for your chance to be a part of this inaugural juried arts festival.
Setup: Friday, November 30, 2018. Day-before setup allows for an easy pace to set up your booth.
Staff Support: Festival staff and volunteers are present on-site throughout the entire festival.
Booth Sitting: Festival volunteers are available to booth sit for artist throughout the festival.
Artist Parking: Designated parking will be available for artists.
Tent Requirements: Tents must be 10’x10’ and made to withstand wind and rain. The tent color must be white to remain consistent with event standards. Recommended brands are Light Done, Show Off, and Flourish. There is a minimum of 50 lbs. of weight per corner required to meet quality standards.
Tent Rental: “Tents 4 Events” is offering tents for rent with set-up and breakdown included. Please log on to www.Tents4Events.us or call 954-675-7634 directly to setup your tent rental.
Marketing: A multi-layered marketing plan supports this show with ads running in newspapers, on TV, posters, social media, email marketing, and direct mail. Professional public relations ensure high-visibility for this festival.
Security: Overnight security is provided for Friday and Saturday night.
Important Dates and Deadlines:
August 17, 2018: Application Deadline
September 1, 2018: Notification of acceptance
September 15, 2018: Booth payment of $200 is due.
October 13, 2018: Final date to submit booth payment with $40 late fee.
November 30, 2018: Set up
December 1 and 2, 2018: West Palm Beach Arts Festival
1. All artwork submitted to the jury process, displayed, and presented for sale must be designed and executed by the accepted artist.
2. Artist certifies that jury images submitted represent his/her current original work.
3. Art collaborators that produce a single product may qualify as a single artist. If you enter as a collaboration, it must be clearly noted on the application and the collaborative effort must be clearly defined.
4. No work by apprentices, employees or 3rd parties will be accepted.
5. Buy/sell vendors are strictly prohibited for all or part of an artist’s booth.
1. Acceptance is non-transferable.
2. West Palm Beach Arts Festival is a drug-free environment.
3. No smoking is allowed in artist’s booths.
4. Accepted artists must be present and exhibit during all festival hours.
5. Any artist closing his/her booth prior to the end of the show will not be permitted to return the next day or in subsequent years (unless closure was due to illness).
6. Only artwork or crafts in the categories accepted through the jury process are allowed to be exhibited. It is the exclusive right and responsibility of the festival committee to remove work that is not in compliance with the festival policies and requirements.
7. Each artist is responsible for collecting and remitting local sales tax to the Florida Department of Revenue as required by law.
Reproduction and Limited Edition Prints Policy
Fine art reproductions must be clearly and individually labeled as a limited edition which is signed and numbered on the front of each piece. The method of reproduction and brief process description must be on the back. Browse bins may be used, but reproductions may not be mixed with originals. No laser prints or photo copies permitted.
Limited Edition Prints are printed works for which the artist hand manipulates the plates, stones, or screens and which have been properly signed and numbered as a limited edition. These hand-pulled prints are considered to be originals. Printmakers are encouraged to identify their process.
Jury and Exhibit Space Fees
$35 Jury Fee (non-refundable)
$200 Exhibit Space Fee (non-refundable)
Applications will be processed online through Juried Art Services (JAS) at www.juriedartservices.com. Juried Art Services is free to participating artists and includes a detailed introductory tutorial. After reviewing our prospectus and the JAS Tutorial, if you have any questions contact us via email or phone, and we will assist you with the process of applying to our festivals.
When applying in two categories, work in each must be substantially different. Three images of the work must be submitted for each category. A separate jury fee is required for each category.
Online jury payments are processed directly by the Armory Art Center through a secure payment system. Email confirmation of your payment will be sent. Please follow online payment instructions if paying your jury fee with a credit card. Your jury fee payment will be posted to JAS within three days after you submit your application. All questions or concerns regarding the payment of your fees should be directed to the office at 561-832-1776 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If paying with a check or money order (US currency only), please send via US mail no later than 7 days after the submission of your online application. Applications will not be processed or forwarded on to our jury unless your jury fee is paid in full. The non-refundable jury fee check will be deposited upon receipt.
All checks are to be made payable to “Armory Art Center” and sent to:
Armory Art Center, 811 Park Place, West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Please note “WPB Arts Festival” on your check.
Spaces are 10’X10’ and work must be contained within the assigned space. You may not infringe on another space physically or audibly. Artists must have a white tent unless exempted by festival director. All tables must be skirted to the ground. Only one artist’s work or the work of two collaborating artists may be displayed per booth. Artists must keep their area clean and orderly. Double spaces are considered.
An artist requesting a corner must either have the corner open or use the outside wall to display art.
Special booth space or special needs requests will be accepted but not guaranteed. We will make every effort to meet all special requests on a first come, first serve basis. Additional charges may apply. Please include all booth requests on the registration form.
During the festival, all exhibits will be visited by a festival representative to ensure that they are in compliance with our festival policies. It is the exclusive right and responsibility of the festival staff to call for the removal of work that is not in compliance with the festival policies and requirements. Non-compliance may result in expulsion from the festival or refusal of future festival participation.
Tents must be 10’x10’ and made to withstand wind and rain. The tent color must be white to remain consistent with event standards. Recommended brands are: Light Dome, Show Off, and Flourish. There is a minimum of 50 lbs. of weight per corner required to meet quality standards.
Jury and Selection Process
Our jury panel consists of jurors selected for their in-depth knowledge and experience with a diversity of backgrounds and skills including: working artists, educators, fine art, and arts administrators.
All applications are viewed anonymously. The artists accepted into each category are based on the total combined score of the jurors. The top scoring artists are invited to participate in the show.
The artistic work submitted by each artist is juried based on the criteria listed below:
• Body of work: how well the images represent a point of view
• Artistic theme: design, vision, creativity
• Technical competence: technique, skill, degree of difficulty, mastery of materials used
Notification and Booth Fee Payment
Once the jury process is complete, all artists will receive an email from Juried Art Services directing the artist to log into their JAS account to check the status of their application. Please keep your email up to date with JAS to receive this information in a timely manner.
Notification of status will be available at Juried Art Services on September 1, 2018. Accepted artists will be required to submit their booth fee payment by September 15, 2018 for participation or immediately after acceptance for late applicants. If the booth fee is not received by the deadline date, the artist may forfeit his/her participation in the festival.
Credit card payments are processed directly by the Armory Art Center. All questions or concerns regarding the payment of your fees should be directed to Amanda at (561) 832-1776.
If paying with a cashier’s check or money order (US Currency only), please send via US mail no later than 14 days after the notification date. Include artist’s name and name of festival on your check. No personal or corporate checks will be honored.
All cashier’s checks or money orders are to be made payable to “Armory Art Center” and sent to:
Armory Art Center,2811 Park Place, West Palm Beach, FL 33401
If you have any questions regarding status notification or our payment process, please contact us.
Categories - All artists must apply to a category
2D- Drawings, paintings, photography, printmaking, mixed-media
• Drawings: original two-dimensional work including graphite, charcoal, chalk, pastels, wax crayon, inks, and washes.
• Painting: original, two-dimensional work created with pigment, including oils, acrylics, watercolor, egg tempura, etc.
• Photography: signed prints created by the artist from his/her own original negative or digital files that have been processed by that artist or under the artist’s direct supervision.
• Print Making - prints manually created by the artist using plates, stones, or screens which have been signed and numbered.
• Mixed Media – includes collage and handmade paper. Incorporates more than one type of material. Generally flat wall hung art.
3-D- Ceramics, sculpture, fiber, jewelry, glass, furniture.
• Jewelry- Jewelers need to apply as a designer, maker, or designer & maker with work that is original conceptually and is interesting compositionally. Assembled commercially bought items of mass production will not be accepted. Jewelry can be made from metal, glass, clay, fiber, paper, plastic, or other materials.
• Ceramics – original shaped and fired clay (including earthenware, porcelain, stoneware and terracotta)
• Fiber – original work created by the artist from fibers/fabric or leather including batik, basketry, weaving, and quilt-making. No factory produced items are permitted.
• Furniture – Original work in any material which is functional as a piece of functional furniture or home accessory.
• Glass – original work created in glass by the artist including blown glass, fused glass, or stained glass.
• Metal – original work created by the artist without use of a production studio.
• Wood – original hand-tooled, machine worked, built-up, turned or carved work in wood.
Wait List Policy
A wait list is selected from the jury's scores in each category, and wait listed artists are invited as cancellations occur in that particular category. Wait list artists can be accepted up to and on the day of the show and will be notified by phone and email when a booth becomes available.
Cancellations must be made in written form and submitted by mail or email. Emails should be sent to the Festival Director at email@example.com
Or mail to Armory Art Center, 811 Park Place, West Palm Beach, FL 33401
No refunds available but booth fee transfers to next year’s festival will be determined on a per case basis.
No Show Policy
Artists who have not checked in and/or notified the Armory Art Center with a conversation via phone at 561-832-1776 with Mark Walnock or email firstname.lastname@example.org by 7:00 am Saturday (first day of festival) will be considered a NO SHOW and the assigned space will be forfeited with no refund.
By applying to this festival, I hereby certify that these images represent my original work and that the work is unique and made by me. I also agree to follow all festival rules as outlined in the prospectus. In partnership situations, we declare that our combined efforts made every individual piece of work we would exhibit, if accepted. I/We also agree to allow images of my/our work to be used in the event related to publicity and or materials.