31st Annual Laudholm Nature Crafts Festival
September 8-9, 2018
The Laudholm Nature Crafts Festival is held in Wells, Maine, every September on the weekend after Labor Day. This prestigious event brings many of New England's finest craftspeople and artisans, selected by jury, to exhibit their wares for thousands of browsers. Music and food round out the 2-day festival.
The ambience of the Laudholm Nature Crafts Festival is professional vitality and country warmth. The event takes place on the site of a historic saltwater farm midway between Portland, Maine, and Portsmouth, New Hampshire. It is just a few minutes from the Maine Turnpike (I-95) and about 90 minutes north of Boston.
The Laudholm festival hosts primarily New England craftspeople and is always seeking new talent to maintain the event's excitement and diversity.
Applicants are judged mainly on these criteria:
- Nature Theme: The world of nature is a unifying theme, though crafts that are not conducive to reflecting the theme will not be automatically excluded.
- Quality: Workmanship should be exemplary. The craftsperson who is applying should be the primary creator of the work that is exhibited and is expected to be present at the show.
- Originality: Unique design and technique.
- Booth Setup: An attractive display with multi-level presentation, floor-length table coverings, screening from neighboring booths, and a sign with the artist or business name.
1. Tent spaces are located in large tents that we provide. A wide aisle runs down the center of each tent, with display areas along the sides. Additional room behind each tent space may be used for storage, but must be kept neat if it is visible to the public.
2. Tent ceilings are high except for the outside edges, where vendors can only be assured of 6'6" in height for a backdrop. Also, some tents have side-to-side guy wires for support. We try to take the wires into account during setup, but it is not always possible to avoid a wire running through a display space. If a display has rigid walls, be prepared to be flexible.
3. No outdoor 10x10 easy-up, canopy, or other configuration designed as an individual free-standing structure can be erected underneath one of our tents. If side walls are needed, use pipe-and-drape or some other wall unit meant for interior booths.
4. Lawn spaces are out in the open; we do not provide tent cover for lawn spots. Vendors must provide an awning or tent to protect and display wares.
5. Barn spaces are not uniform 10' x 10' spaces, so it is best to inquire in early August about the configuration of your particular space. The barn’s wooden walls and floors provide protection from the elements.
6. All tent and barn spaces (except "Lawn – no electricity") include up to 400 watts of electricity. Additional electricity must be requested in advance and incurs an additional $30 fee.
7. Booth fees range from $300 to $375.
8. We do not guarantee assignment to a first choice booth space, but do try to accommodate requests.
9. All tents include hanging walls, but it is wise to pack extra protection from the elements as a further precaution.
10. Wholesome and tasty food is available for sale on site.
11. Artisan demonstrations and our hired musician(s) keep potential customers lingering and create an atmosphere conducive to selling and fond memories.
Crafters are the engines of creativity and dynamism that keep visitors flocking and buying year after year; we provide the structure and artists provide high quality, hand-crafted wares, beautifully displayed, that are the heart and soul of the festival.
For more information visit our website here
To view photos of past festivals, click here.
Thank you for applying.