National Oil and Acrylic Painters’ Society
"2018 Spring INTERNATIONAL ONLINE Exhibition "
Application Dates: January 8, 2017 to April 9, 2018
A R T E X H I B I T I O N P R O S P E C T U S
A B O U T T H E E V E N T
The National Oil & Acrylic Painters’ Society (NOAPS) invites oil and acrylic painters from all across North America and International Artists to apply to our exhibit honoring the Best in oil and acrylic painting. NOAPS has been showcasing the talents of oil and acrylic painters since 1991.
- This is an INTERNATIONAL juried online competition open to ALL artists 18 years of age and older working in Oil and ACRYLIC medium. Both members and non-members of NOAPS may apply.
- 150 Artworks accepted into the show and eligible for awards
- Current 2018 membership is NOT required before entering the Spring Online International. We welcome your Membership click the Membership Link at http://www.noaps.org/join-us
- The Online International Awards:
Best of Show : $1000
Second Place : $500
Third Place : $300
Best Landscape : $100.00
Best Still Life : $100.00
Best People : $100.00
Best Use of Light & Color : $100.00
Most Innovative : $100.00
Narrative Excellence : $100.00
Ten Non Monetary Awards of Excellence recognition.
Ten non-monetary Merit Awards
The TOP 150 artists will be given recognition on www.NOAPS.org with Artist name, artist website link and image selected for this exhibit.
The Awards in the On-Line International Exhibits do not apply for NOAPS Signature or Master Status.
Notification Date: May 15, 2018
A R T I S T E L I G I B I L I T Y
All NOAPS Members and Non-Members. This is an International Show and all countries welcome.
E N T R Y P R O C E S S
All entries will be submitted via Juried Art Services (JAS) www.juriedartservices.com. JAS is a free service and provides a comprehensive ‘Help’ menu. NOAPS is also available to help with procedural problems.
- Email: Membership@NOAPS.org for assistance.
- Digital files should be saved in universal .jpeg format for JAS entry and should be between 1400 pixels and 4000 pixels longest dimension at 300PPI (pixels per inch)
T E R M S a n d C O N D I T I O N S
- Art work must be original two dimensional with mediums limited to OIL and ACRYLIC paints
- Completed in the last three (3) years
- Not previously accepted in any other NOAPS National Exhibit or NOAPS Online Top 150.
- No Minimum or Maximum size
NOAPS is dedicated to exhibiting excellent works of fine art which promote the artist’s artistic ability, vision and creativity within the traditional art forms of oil and acrylic painting. In this respect All artwork should be original and created from conception to completion by the artist in Oil and/or Acrylic only. Artists are permitted to use their own photos as reference materials in the creation of their artwork. No mixed media, painted giclee prints, or any other type of digital or photographic reproductions in conjunction with the Oil & Acrylic qualify. No artwork copied from other artists work or published photos, or created in an instructional setting are eligible.
If you wish to sell the art entered, please price your art consistent with the established value of your work. Paintings do not have to be for sale.
- Selected paintings will be showcased on www.NOAPS.org, in the NOAPS Blog, and in NOAPS Social Media. By entering, entrants are consenting to having a reproduction of their work used for promotion of the exhibit. You are confirming the work entered is your own and copyrighted images incorporated in your work have not been used.
M E M B E R S H I P
Current 2018 NOAPS membership is NOT required. However, we welcome your membership. To Join NOAPS click the link here: http://www.noaps.org/join-us
F E E S
The fee to enter is $30 for the first image and $10 for each additional image UP TO A MAXIMUM OF 5 IMAGES.
- Example: maximum of five (5) entries= $70 (US Currency)
A W A R D S J U D G E
NOAPS Signature Artist
It is the simple things - an old fence line, a window box filled with petunias, or even a familiar pattern of shadows - that are often the most significant. With an eye for the things we remember and savor, Barbara Nuss gives homage to the details of everyday life. In still life or landscape, Nuss crafts her forms, creating a warm atmosphere that invites the viewers to narrate the scene with their own memories.
“Often asked why I paint what I paint, I answer that I paint places where I want to be...places of calm and serenity, often reminiscent of earlier, less hectic times.”
Barbara began her artistic career with a BFA from Syracuse University followed by study at the Schuler School of Fine Art in Baltimore. She worked as an illustrator and graphic designer for a time, to which she credits as valuable experience on her artistic journey.
She is a member of the prestigious Salmagundi Club in New York, National Oil & Acrylic Painter’s Society (signature member), Oil Painters of America, International Guild of Realism, American Women Artists, Women Artists of the West (signature member), and she is Past President of the Washington Society of Landscape Painters. She considers her book, “Secrets to Composition,” one of her most significant achievements.
S E L E C T I O N P R O C E S S
Each entry is reviewed and scored by an independent jury panel. The Jurying panel will consist of a minimum of 5 NOAPS Master Artists or Signature Members. The panel selects paintings for the exhibit based on the quality and individual mastery of the medium.
IMPORTANT: Jurors in the panel make selections based on the image entered (make sure the image depicts a true representation of the painting). Jurors score the image only and do not see any information about the artist
S A L E S
All Selected work (150 paintings) will be posted on www.NOAPS.org to promote sales. Requests relating to artist’s information or sales will be forwarded to the artist.
C A L E N D A R
Applications Dates: January 8, 2017 to April 9, 2018
Notification: May 15, 2018
Your participation and support of the
NATIONAL OIL & ACRYLIC PAINTERS’ SOCIETY
is greatly appreciated .
NOAPS helps artists GET RECOGNIZED!
Q U E S T I O N S
Please email Membership@NOAPS.org
The National Oil & Acrylic Painter’s Society