Portland Fine Craft Show
The fourth annual Portland Fine Craft Show, produced by the Maine Crafts Association, will take place on Saturday, August 25, 2018 on Congress Street between State and High Streets in Portland, Maine. The Show features 100+ juried exhibitors from the greater New England area exhibiting fine craft in the following media categories: baskets, ceramics, fiber, furniture, glass, jewelry, leather, metal, mixed media, paper, stone and wood. PFCS is a one-day, rain-or-shine outdoor event that closes the main thoroughfare of Portland, Maine to vehicles. Exhibitors are prepared for a relatively quick set up (3-4 hours) and take down (2 hours).
Maine Crafts Association (Show Producer)
Established in 1983, the Maine Crafts Association (MCA) supports craft artists by providing educational, marketing and retail opportunities. MCA strives to develop lasting and impactful opportunities for both our members and greater fine craft community. MCA launched the Portland Fine Craft Show (PFCS) in 2015, and it remains one of the only Maine craft shows open to artists not living in Maine. PFCS is a well organized show with a reputation for high quality and high attendance.
$155 MCA Member rate
$185 Non Member rate
Double and Triple booths available
Eleven (11) premium booths (corner booths/booths with extra space around one or more sides) will be available at an additional cost of $40.
· Listing in printed Show Program/Map and online Show Directory at mainecrafts.org
· Lunch delivery
· Water delivery throughout day
· Volunteer booth sitters
· Professional Show Producer with staff available daily for assistance leading up to show
· Advertising options in the printed Show Program/Map
· Awards for Best Booth Design and Best of Show
When: 9am – 4pm August 25, 2018 rain or shine
[Set-up: 6am-9am, (unloaded by 8am) Take down: 4pm-6pm]
Where: Congress Street, between High and State. (Closing Congress to vehicle traffic)
What: Fine Craft Show featuring 100+ vendors in 10x10 spaces selling handmade craft work
· Booths will be in two lines facing one another on Congress St. sidewalks will remain open. Exhibitors receive their booth assignments in early summer.
· 10 x 10 spaces, EZ-up (or equivalent) tents required.
· Tent weights required.
· Double or triple booth requests are available.
· No electricity available.
· Corner booths: Spacing and booth location is determined by driveways, fire hydrants, intersecting streets and other street-based logistics – therefore, there is not a large difference difference between corner and non-corner booths, additionally booths will have not be wall-to-wall against neighboring booth.
Accepted Fine Craft Media
Fiber: Decorative + Wearable
Media/Products Not Accepted
Specialty Foods, Personal Care, Candles, Books, CDs/DVDs, Cards, 2D Fine Art, Photography, flower arrangements, buy-sell items or any products made from commercially available kits.
Cancellation / Refund Policy
If before June 1st: Refund less $25
If before August 1st: 50% refund
After August 1st: No refunds
Dorothy Royle, Show Director: Dorothy@mainecrafts.org 207-245-5880
Sadie Bliss, MCA Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org 207-205-0791
MCA Site: www.MaineCrafts.org
PFCS Page on Site: http://mainecrafts.org/programs/portland-fine-craft-show/