Art Portfolio Contest for High School Seniors
February 8 – 19, 2018
Deadline to enter is December 1st, 2017.
Open to ONLY High School seniors who reside in Florida
The Florida State Fair is so much more than rides, midway food & livestock exhibitions! More than 450,000 visitors are expected to come to the 2018 Florida State Fair. Many of those individuals come primarily to see the various exhibits that will be on display.
The highlight of the Fair’s Youth Art Competitions is the Art Portfolio Contest for High School Seniors. This is an excellent opportunity for you to showcase your artwork, build your resume and of course win scholarship money for continuing your art education. This year we are fortunate to have the Florida Lottery as our sponsor.
A special acknowledgement to Juried Art Services, for their support and sponsorship.
A total of $10,000 in scholarship money will be awarded this year!
First Place: $3500
Second Place: $2500
4 Awards of Merit: $1000 each
If selected, you will not need to send original artwork, as we will be printing digital images of your work for the final exhibition. We look forward to exhibiting your fresh creative talent at the Fair from February 8 – 19, 2018.
For the complete contest information, rules and step-by-step instructions on how to create a digital portfolio and upload it to Juried Art Services, click here.
DEC 1: DEADLINE for ENTRIES. All entries will need to be completed online at www.juriedartservices.com
DEC 31 Notification of acceptance for exhibition e-mailed to student & teacher
JAN 5 Online Public preview will be available
JAN 12 Accepted students high-resolution digital files are due.
The 32 student artists that are accepted to exhibit at the Fair will be asked to submit high resolution digital files of 3 - 5 selected images from their portfolio, along with a headshot, candid images of them working and an artist statement.
JAN 19 Awards recipients will be notified by phone.
JAN 16-20 All artwork in the exhibition will be digitally printed and displayed. Detailed instructions will be included in acceptance packet.
FEB 8-19 The Exhibit will be located at the Florida Center.
FEB 19 Exhibition closes
- Open to ONLY High School senior art students in the 12th grade.
- Students must be a Florida state resident or must reside in the state of Florida.
- Students can apply from either public, charter, private or home schools
- First Place: $3500
- Second Place: $2500
- Four Awards of Merit: $1000 each
- All work must be original and completed within the 10th, 11th, and 12th grades.
- There is NO entry fee!
- Students must submit their Art Portfolio Contest for High School Seniors application using an online program called Juried Art Services. Juried Art Services allows you to complete an entry form as well as upload images of your portfolio for judging. Apply online at: http://www.juriedartservices.com
- Students must upload a completed portfolio consisting of at least 7, but not more than 10 images of original artwork.
- Work can be either 2-D or 3-D and be incorporated into any medium.
- 2D work includes: painting in any media, drawing, pastels, pen & ink, photography, printmaking, digital art (computer generated art) and 2D mixed media.
- 3D work includes: Sculpture, ceramics, wood, fiber arts, jewelry, metal work, glass, 3D mixed media, and art installations.
- Guidelines for jurying: Portfolio artwork shows creative and personal expression; demonstrates technical competency in the medium(s) presented; and communicates a clear visual intent and vision. Jury selection is done with regards to the entire cohesive body of work not on individual pieces of artwork. A juried committee consisting of artists, professional art curators and art educators will be select award recipients.
- Art reproduced or rendered from the works of masters, from advertisements, materials from published sources, or from widely circulated photographs (other than the student’s own photos) is NOT considered original.
- Artwork must be suitable for all audiences and should not contain profane words or obscene content.
- All artwork that is in the exhibition will be digitally printed and displayed. No original artwork is needed to exhibit in this contest if accepted.
For more information contact Brenda Gregory at 813-734-2810 OR email@example.com.