12th Annual Juried Art Fest on the Green
January 27 - 28, 2018
The 12th Annual Juried Art Fest on the Green Fine Art and Fine Craft Show produced by the Wellington Art Society continues its tradition of bringing art and community together to celebrate creativity and artistic excellence.
Support from our Sponsors and Community Partners helps create a favorite family friendly event everyone looks forward to every January. Proceeds from this show will go toward the Wellington Art Society’s Scholarship Fund and other Community Programs.
Art Fest on the Green features local and out of town artists, live music, demonstrations, Children’s Art Activity Tent, food trucks, and activities for all ages in a beautiful setting on the green of the Amphitheater.
The event will be well-publicized by local media reporting, media sponsorships, advertising, and social media.
Located in Palm Beach County, Florida, Wellington is home to the Winter Equestrian Festival, International Polo Capital of the world, and a unique destination for seasonal visitors and residents.
January is the peak season and affluent international visitors and residents of Palm Beach, Martin, and Broward counties fill the event venues in Wellington and return yearly to Art Fest on the Green.
Wellington offers many exciting dining choices, upscale shopping, and entertainment with a distinctive flair. It is just a short drive to the beach and many outstanding art and cultural attractions.
Artists will have the opportunity to interact with the public through art demos and booth chats. Live music on the Amphitheater stage, food trucks, and kid’s activities make the festival a fun, interesting, and inspiring experience for everyone.
Awards: $2000. in cash awards to will be given during Art Fest on the Green.
Best in Show - $700
1st Place - $500
2nd Place - $300
3rd Place - $200
3 Honorable Mentions - $100 each
· Submit 4 jpegs of the artwork you plan to sell and 1 jpeg of your booth display along with your application.
· There is a $35. artist application fee due by October 15, 2017.
· Booths are 10’x10’ for the Show- $250. each for non-members and $175. each for WAS members. Corner space is available for a $30. additional fee. Booth fees are due within 2 weeks after acceptance.
Booth Space is limited to 75 booths for this well-established, upscale show.
Apply today for this great opportunity to be part of our next outstanding 12th Annual Art Fest on the Green Fine Art and Fine Craft Show.
Categories-All artists must apply to a category
2D-Drawings, paintings, photography, printmaking, mixed-media
3D- Ceramics, fiber, furniture, glass, jewelry, metal, wood
1. All artwork submitted to the jury process, displayed, and presented for sale must be designed and executed by the accepted artist
2. Artist certifies that jury images submitted represent their current original work.
3. Buy/sell vendors are strictly prohibited for all or part of an artist’s booth.
4. Artwork created from commercial molds, mass-produced kits, embellished objects, or works produced in studios in volume production will not be permitted.
5. Art collaborators that produce a single product may qualify as a single exhibitor. If you enter as a collaboration, it must be clearly noted on the application and the collaborative effort must be clearly defined.
Jury and Exhibit Space Fees (non-refundable)
$35. - Application/Jury Fee
$250.- Non- Member Exhibit Space fee
$175.- WAS member Exhibit Space fee (WAS members only – Shared Space $100. Each)
$30. – Additional fee for Corner Space- an artist requesting a corner must have corner open or use outside wall to display art. Please include booth space requests on application form.
Applications will be processed online through Juried Art Services (JAS) at www.juriedartservices.com.
If paying with a cashier’s check or money order (US Currency only- no personal or corporate checks), please send via US Mail the same day as submission-include artist’s name and” Art Fest” on your check.
All cashier’s checks and money orders are to be made payable to Wellington Art Society and sent to: Wellington Art Society, Attn.: Art Fest, PO Box 212943, Royal Palm Beach, FL 33421
Wait List Policy
A wait list is compiled from the jury’s scores in each category, and wait listed artists are invited as cancellations occur in that category. Wait list artists can be accepted up to and on the day of the show and will be notified by phone and email when a booth becomes available.
Marketing: A multi-layered marketing plan supports this show with ads running on line and print in newspapers, on TV, radio, social media, e-mail marketing, and direct mail. Professional public relations ensure high-visibility for this festival.
Setup: Friday, January 26, 2018 (dolly in show)
Artist Parking: Designated parking will be available for artists.
Security: Overnight security is provided for Friday and Saturday nights.
Staff Support: Festival Staff and volunteers are present on-site throughout the entire festival.
Tent Requirements: Tents must be 10’x10’ and made to withstand wind and rain. The tent color must be white to remain consistent with event standards. There is a minimum 50 lbs. of weight per corner required to meet quality standards.
Contact Information: Wellington Art Society
P. O. Box 212943
Royal Palm Beach, FL 33421
Leslie Pfeiffer: firstname.lastname@example.org, 561-632-3677
Toni Willey : email@example.com, 561-389-4798
Important Dates and Deadlines:
November 1, 2017: Application deadline
November 3, 2017: Notification of acceptance
November 17, 2017: Booth payment is due
January 26, 2018: Set up
January 27 & 28, 2018: 12th Annual Art Fest on the Green
Jury and Selection Process
Our Jury panel is selected for their in-depth knowledge and experience with diverse backgrounds and skills including: educators, working artists, fine art and arts administrators.
The artists accepted into each category are based on the total combined scores of the jurors. The top scoring artists are invited to participate in the show.
The artistic work submitted by each artist is juried based on the criteria below:
· Body of work: how well the images represent a point of view
· Artistic theme: design, vision, creativity
· Technical competence: technique, skill, degree of difficulty, mastery of materials used
Notification and Booth Fee Payment
Once the jury process is complete, all artists will receive an email from Juried Art Services directing the artist to log into their JAS account to check the status of their application. Please keep your email up to date with JAS to receive this information in a timely manner.
Notification of status will be available at Juried Art Services on November 3 ,2017.
Accepted artists will be required to submit their booth fee payment by November 17, 2017 for participation. Credit card payments are processed directly by the Wellington Art Society. Booth fee payment instructions will be sent to accepted artists.
If paying with a cashier’s check or money order (US Currency only- no personal or corporate checks), please send via US Mail within 3 days of notification. Include artist’s name and” Art Fest” on your check.
All cashier’s checks and money orders are to be made payable to Wellington Art Society and sent to: Wellington Art Society, Attn: Art Fest, PO Box 212943, Royal Palm Beach, FL 33421
Terms and Conditions
1. Acceptance is non-transferable
2. Art Fest on the Green is a drug-free environment.
3. No smoking is allowed in the artist’s booths.
4. Accepted artist must be present and exhibit during all festival hours.
5. Any artist closing his/her booth prior to the end of the show will not be permitted to return the next day or in subsequent years (unless closure was due to illness).
6. Only artwork in the categories accepted through the jury process are allowed to be exhibited. It is the exclusive right and responsibility of the Festival Directors to remove work that is not in compliance with the festival policies and requirements.
7. Each exhibitor is responsible for collecting and remitting local sales tax to the Florida Department of Revenue as required by law.
8. Cancellation Policy – No refunds available but booth fee transfers to next Art Fest will be determined on a per case basis. Requests must be submitted by email to: Leslie Pfeiffer, firstname.lastname@example.org
9. No Show Policy- Artists who have not checked in /or notified the Art Fest Directors by email or phone the day of set-up will be considered a NO SHOW and the assigned space will be forfeited with no refund.
By applying to this festival, I hereby certify that these images represent my original work and that the work is unique and made by me. I also agree to follow all festival rules as outlined in the prospectus. In partnership situations, we declare that our combined efforts made every individual piece of work we would exhibit, if accepted. I/We also agree to allow images of my/our work to be used in event related publicity and or materials.
The Wellington Art Society is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit charitable education organization in its 36th year. It is open to artists of all mediums and patrons of the arts, providing local and regional artists the platform to share their work, learn more about their craft, and serve the community through their art.
For more information about the Wellington Art Society please visit: www.WellingtonArtSociety.org or contact Leslie Pfeiffer at: email@example.com, 561-632-3677 or Toni Willey, firstname.lastname@example.org, 561-389-4798