5th Annual American Fine Craft Show Brooklyn Museum
Event Dates: Nov 18 & 19, 2017
Brooklyn Museum - Brooklyn, NY
Application Deadline: 04/26/2017
Application Fee: $35.00
Additional Late Fee: $15.00 - subject to space availability
from April 26-May 26
American Fine Craft Show Brooklyn will return to the Brooklyn Museum, November 2017. Produced and directed by Richard & Joanna Rothbard, founders of An American Craftsman Galleries located in midtown Manhattan, the show will be held in Brooklyn Museum's magnificent two-story Beaux-Arts Court.
This two-day event will present an extraordinary selection of handmade works in ceramics, jewelry, glass, furniture, wood, metal, mixed media, wearable and decorative fiber by 90 of the nation's finest craft artists.
SHOW ADMISSION INCLUDES GENERAL ADMISSION TO BROOKLYN MUSEUM
Brooklyn Museum. 200 Eastern Parkway, Brooklyn, NY 11238-6052
Housed in a 560,000-square-foot, Beaux-Arts building, Brooklyn Museum is one of the oldest and largest art museums in the country. Its world-renowned permanent collections range from ancient Egyptian masterpieces to contemporary art, representing a wide range of cultures.
The Brooklyn museum is just a 30-minute subway ride from midtown Manhattan, with its own newly renovated subway station just yards away from the entrance.
WHO MAY EXHIBIT?
All work must be hand made in the USA or Canada by the exhibiting artist.
Ceramics • Fiber-Wearable • Fiber-Decorative
Furniture • Glass • Jewelry • Leather • Metal • Mixed Media
Wood • 2D Fine Art
Richard & Joanna Rothbard, the producers who are also the owners of An American Craftsman Galleries in NYC, will be selecting artists based on originality of design, technical expertise, overall aesthetics as well as presentation. All categories of fine craft and fine art will be considered and in balance so that a cross section of all media will be represented.
Move In & Set Up
Friday Nov 17: 8am-7pm
Saturday Nov 18: 11am-6pm
Sunday Nov 19: 11am-6pm
• Corner additional $100
*500 watts of electricity included
All booths include:
• 8' High Pipe & Drape Walls (Black Curtains)
• Electricity: 500 watts
• 24-hour security
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION | Standards & Rules
• All work must be original in concept and must have been created by the accepted applicant.
• All work must be made in the USA or Canada.
• All media of fine craft and fine art are accepted. A limited number of fine artists will be accepted. Original Art ONLY - No glicees, prints, or reproductions of any kind.
• Participants must exhibit the type and quality of work shown in their slides. Not acceptable are items embellished or made from commercially available kits, plans, or patterns; imports; factory-made or assembled items; mechanical reproductions or offset prints.
• Booth sharing is not allowed unless approved by American Art Marketing.
• All booths must be enclosed on three sides (except corners) with a minimum height of 6ft.
• Any willful violation or misrepresentation regarding the work as defined in our rules will result in forfeiture of space.
Application fee: $35. Late Application Fee applies after posted deadline.
Please note application fees are non-refundable.
Payment of Booth Fee:
Full Payment is due and payable on the invoice due date August 1, 2017.
If you have a problem with payment, please contact us immediately to make payment arrangements.
Cancellation of Exhibit Space:
All cancellations must be made in writing. No refunds will be given within 90 days of the show. A 50% refund will be given prior to that date.
**Call the AAM office to confirm if you have not received a cancellation confirmation via email within two (2) business days from your initial email request.